Townie1488

Leslie Phillips

17 hours ago, arghton said:

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I have to say this was actually not his most recent public appearance.

He posed for some photos on the 16th of September 2017, before the Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City Premier League match at Wembley Stadium:

lesliep__01.thumb.jpg.abcc30be4e8bb1b271d8792a1a080f66.jpg

leslie2.thumb.jpg.aa7d91baf5775047b5fd0130449777ee.jpg

However seemingly this wasn't in any news articles and I could only find one high quality picture of him at that event, that first one. As far as I know he hasn't made any appearances since. It's been nearly 5 years. Immortal with a capital I.

For a minute there, when I saw unread content in this subforum, I thought someone on the list had died... then I saw that the two threads bumped were Leslie Phillips and QE2 and realised exactly the contrary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Facepalm 1

On 26/08/2022 at 12:45, Summer in Transylvania said:

For a minute there, when I saw unread content in this subforum, I thought someone on the list had died... then I saw that the two threads bumped were Leslie Phillips and QE2 and realised exactly the contrary. 

I tell you what'd be orgasmic in two senses of the word

If Leslie and QE2 died as the ageing lothario attempted her B)

Thought it was Tottenham unveiling a new signing. A 98wheelchair bound player will probably be worth £100 million in todays inflated transfer market

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, six feet blunder said:

Thought it was Tottenham unveiling a new signing. A 98wheelchair bound player will probably be worth £100 million in todays inflated transfer market

I'm seeing Davros written on the back of the shirt!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I tell you what'd be orgasmic in two senses of the word

If Leslie and QE2 died as the ageing lothario attempted her B)

Ding Dong your majesty! 

• Like 1

Aged Lothario..Probably go out with a bang.

• Haha 1

If Leslie survives Jimmy Carter he will be the next King of Immortals.

This guy deserves it more than Tin Oo.

Genuinely how is he still going? He was too ill to attend his wife's inquest over ten years ago and looked absolutely wretched in his last photos over 5 years ago. That he's lasted so long has been a minor miracle. 

59 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Genuinely how is he still going? He was too ill to attend his wife's inquest over ten years ago and looked absolutely wretched in his last photos over 5 years ago. That he's lasted so long has been a minor miracle. 

Perhaps he wished for immortality on a monkey's paw without specifying youth and health? My best guess since I can't think of how else someone can be half way in the grave for 10+ years without falling the rest of the way in.

• Like 1

It's because while being quite frail, he wasn't as frail as people assumed. He was still living in his own house until shortly before the pandemic started at the very least. 

(This is not a call that he's well and should be dropped - the opposite. Just, you know, frail and old doesn't mean instant death, as Leslie has shown for over a decade now to DLers!)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, msc said:

It's because while being quite frail, he wasn't as frail as people assumed. He was still living in his own house until shortly before the pandemic started at the very least. 

(This is not a call that he's well and should be dropped - the opposite. Just, you know, frail and old doesn't mean instant death, as Leslie has shown for over a decade now to DLers!)

I must confess that when @Ulitzer95 said Leslie Phillips tommorrow in the predict the 6th death thread I got a feeling that he knows or has heard something.  He has some knowledge of the upper echelons of society it seems eg  the being at an event were  Norman Tebbit was present.  So he may well have heard a credible rumour was my thought. Could be my jumping the gun and assuming  but I suspected authoritative knowledge behind  his post!!

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I must confess that when @Ulitzer95 said Leslie Phillips tommorrow in the predict the 6th death thread I got a feeling that he knows or has heard something.  He has some knowledge of the upper echelons of society it seems eg  the being at an event were  Norman Tebbit was present.  So he may well have heard a credible rumour was my thought. Could be my jumping the gun and assuming  but I suspected authoritative knowledge behind  his post!!

Nah, was just being cocky. I still think he'll be gone within the next few months though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well, he could easily die tomorrow. Or you'll be bored in 2025, reading these old DL threads, thinking "How naïve we all were!" :lol:

• Haha 4

I really hope he makes it to 99, at least. I’m always heartened to think of him still about. Had no idea about him still living in his house until the pandemic! 

Dead

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
  • Shocked 5

Ding-dong, Ding Dong's (somehow finally) dead...

Unlike the Wicked Witch of the East, this death of a magical creature isn't worth celebrating:

• Like 1

I like this from the Daily Mail's write of his death:

He is believed to be the only actor still alive who performed at Pinewood Studios in its first week after opening in 1936.

• Like 3

Leslie?

giphy.gif

Sad news and feels a bit  of a watershed moment on this forum because of his longevity on here and flirtation with immortal status. 

Rest in peace and thanks for the laughter X

• Like 5