Teddy

Clive Dunn

20 years. He should be on Deathlist 2007.
And 2027. I appreciate the sentiment, but how much hard carking evidence can we muster on New Years Eve 2006?

None. It's just that if he got himself under a bus while he wouldn't be on our list, we'd be sorry forever. And then, we only need 15 hits to get a record crop, not 50.

regards,

Hein

Yeeeaaaaaahhhhh - 20 not out. Maybe he should have got a game for the English Cricket Team this Ashes... :)

Clive Dunn should be able to continue to enjoy life's little luxuries for a while longer. His cousin and fellow Deathlist pick, Gretchen Franklin, left him one sixth of her estate.

I'm starting to think that Clive Dunn is immortal

It occurred to me earlier tonight, that should the unthinkable happen and the seemingly immortal Clive Dunn does get posted to the Home Guard in the sky, what would the repercussions be for the Deathlist? Surely his death would be akin to the Big Bang, sending seismic shockwaves throughout this site, leaving carnage and devastation in its wake before collapsing in on itself and leaving a giant vacuum. Could anyone ever come close to matching the cult status held by Clive? I certainly can't think of any obvious contenders. These are important questions that need to be addressed. Ordinarily I would say that no individual is bigger than the list, but with Dunny...

Frightening isn't it?

I have premonitions, sacreligious thoughts, of Clive coming down with something really heavy, like pancreatic cancer or maybe even a stage four malignant brain tumor. I also worry that his death might be the precursor to Armageddon.

It occurred to me earlier tonight, that should the unthinkable happen and the seemingly immortal Clive Dunn does get posted to the Home Guard in the sky, what would the repercussions be for the Deathlist? Surely his death would be akin to the Big Bang, sending seismic shockwaves throughout this site, leaving carnage and devastation in its wake before collapsing in on itself and leaving a giant vacuum. Could anyone ever come close to matching the cult status held by Clive? I certainly can't think of any obvious contenders. These are important questions that need to be addressed. Ordinarily I would say that no individual is bigger than the list, but with Dunny...

Frightening isn't it?

Do you know what, if he died I think we'd mark the following day by logging on and posting as usual, with some increased activity around Clive's thread. The sun would still rise....etc.

Re who we'd adopt as a - sort of - mascot. I think we're looking for an actor, long out of work, not too old, and I think Dickie O has to be our man.

Frightening isn't it?

Do you know what, if he died I think we'd mark the following day by logging on and posting as usual, with some increased activity around Clive's thread. The sun would still rise....etc.

Re who we'd adopt as a - sort of - mascot. I think we're looking for an actor, long out of work, not too old, and I think Dickie O has to be our man.

or Dick Van Dyke?

Frightening isn't it?

or Dick Van Dyke?

I vote Dickie Davies.

June Whitfield? She seemed old and granny like to me in Terry and June but I guess that's because I was very young then.

Should the unthinkable happen, I'd go for keeping with the Dad's Army theme and have either Bill Pertwee or Frank Williams.

Should the unthinkable happen, I'd go for keeping with the Dad's Army theme and have either Bill Pertwee or Frank Williams.

Or Ian Lavender? He seems to have had DL attention too.

I confidently expect Clive to outlive all these suggestions for his replacement as DL mascot.

Who do you think you are kidding Mister Hitler,

if you think Clive Dunn is done?

I'm starting to think that Clive Dunn is immortal

Let's hope so.

Let's not :)

Good to see Clive making his annual appearance. However, could we really count him as a success though? Losing our beloved mascot would surely be the end of an era.

I don't think this would be the same without him! There's no natural successor like he was for the QM.

it will be a sad day when old clive bites the bullet and goes to meet his maker.

would be nice for him to pop on to DL and say chow to his fans. <_<

Guest seeno

Humourously I was reading an interview with Morrissey the other day, and he was asked who he'd like to play him in a film of his life.

He said "Is Clive Dunn still alive?"

This interview was from about 1985!

must be the nice weather in Portugal keeping him going :angry:

I know this is random but why does it say on our main Deathlist Clive Dunn is 86 this year but according to Wikipedia ( I know it is not reliable) Clive Dunn is 88 years old?

Anyone have any ideas why?

Deadly Fairy

I know this is random but why does it say on our main Deathlist Clive Dunn is 86 this year but according to Wikipedia ( I know it is not reliable) Clive Dunn is 88 years old?

Deadly Fairy

Many people in the entertainment business deftly lose a year now and again from their birthdate, causing some confusion later on for biographers etc. Tina Turner being one good example. Zsa Zsa Gabor being another.

Re the DL mascot after the demise of Mr Dunn. We're looking for someone widely presumed dead we know to be alive, who may through old age or infirmity shuffle off at any time but is more likely to linger and allow us plenty opportunities for banter and ironic praise of a limited talent. That's about where we are with Cpl Jones, right?

The obvious successor to my mind has to be Dickie O.

I'll get me coat.

Deadly Fairy

Many people in the entertainment business deftly lose a year now and again from their birthdate, causing some confusion later on for biographers etc. Tina Turner being one good example. Zsa Zsa Gabor being another.

Re the DL mascot after the demise of Mr Dunn. We're looking for someone widely presumed dead we know to be alive, who may through old age or infirmity shuffle off at any time but is more likely to linger and allow us plenty opportunities for banter and ironic praise of a limited talent. That's about where we are with Cpl Jones, right?

The obvious successor to my mind has to be Dickie O.

I'll get me coat.

That's just what I've said in the Dickie O thread!

Great minds....or is it coats? :angry:

Minds TMIB, definitely minds. I think deep down many others know we're right. Dickie O is older and significantly less healthy than was Clive Dunn when he first got the mascot role hereabouts.