Teddy

Clive Dunn

Minds TMIB, definitely minds. I think deep down many others know we're right. Dickie O is older and significantly less healthy than was Clive Dunn when he first got the mascot role hereabouts.

He is the obvious and natural choice, but in my view an unlikely successor as he's quite likely to predecease our current mascot. I think we ought to be nurturing someone younger the way Clive's going. I vote for Ian Lavender myself. It just feels right.

I think Dickie O will see out Clive Dunn and we SHOULD adopt him when Dunn is done for two reasons:

1 - His thread's role as our common room is now redundant since we have the whole extra-curricular forum, and that thread about squid.

2 - Dickie O's career is f**ked, he is still one of those stars who prompts discussions about whether he's alive and those discussions prompt net surfing. If we adopt him, we'll run a good chance of being in the top hits for such surfing, thereby availing ourselves of the odd new member and - probably - some entertaining ranter fire.

The squid thread is not, I repeat NOT a common room. It is a squid and squid-related thread. I rule it with an iron fist. I'm a fair man usually, but I brook no nonsense when it comes to the cephalopods.

I have to agree with MPFC and others that Dicky O would be the ideal replacement when Clive Dunn leaves us - although I must say it feels wrong to be even thinking about it.

I'm really not sure that Ian Lavender would cut the mustard as DL's next tutelary deity.

I have to agree with MPFC and others that Dicky O would be the ideal replacement when Clive Dunn leaves us - although I must say it feels wrong to be even thinking about it.

I'm really not sure that Ian Lavender would cut the mustard as DL's next tutelary deity.

Perhaps we should check the Unwritten Rules? There's probably a sub-paragraph relating to such matters.

The squid thread is not, I repeat NOT a common room. It is a squid and squid-related thread. I rule it with an iron fist. I'm a fair man usually, but I brook no nonsense when it comes to the cephalopods.

Too right man. Squid is squid and that's the end of it.

My view on the subject is that the man 'Richard O'Sullivan" is only 64 years old. The greatest tease in Deathlist history (there is no debate) is the former Dictator of Cuba. I feel if Fidel Castro should outlive Clive Dunn he should definitely be given that legendary title.

I also have to come clean about having a feeling that I'll be .. "That guy" ... the first to report it while all of you are asleep.

I always assumed that Fidel Castro and Tempus Fugit were one and the same. I mean, they showed dogged determination, deep thought in their own consistent way and both - sort of - retired around the same time.

Or am I wrong?

Too right man. Squid is squid and that's the end of it.

Absolutely. I'm only looking for squid recipes.

Actually GR we have him as 86 but he is 88 I believe.

When he goes probably Bill Pertwee or Eric Longworth, Ian Lavender is a bit too young...

Surely Clive will appear in the 40th anniversary special. In fact, it'll be a chance to study form all round where the survivors are concerned.

Surely Clive will appear in the 40th anniversary special. In fact, it'll be a chance to study form all round where the survivors are concerned.

I hear Interpol are after him for war crimes......

I have seen a few half-hour docuemntaries about WWII and, then, he went under the name of "Butcher of Walmington-On-Sea".

In these dark days of fighting and flaming and apocalyptic prophecies, a rare example of proper humour from Deathlist.

I have seen a few half-hour docuemntaries about WWII and, then, he went under the name of "Butcher of Walmington-On-Sea".

Bravo! Mr. T.

In these dark days of fighting and flaming and apocalyptic prophecies, a rare example of proper humour from Deathlist.

Bravo! Mr. T.

Several witnesses distinctly remember a blood-thirsty soldier in British uniform chanting: 'They don't like it up 'em.'

Bravo! Mr. T.

Several witnesses distinctly remember a blood-thirsty soldier in British uniform chanting: 'They don't like it up 'em.'

A press statement did go out at the time of his reign of terror. "if for any reason you come into contact with him, please Don't Panic"

"First they came for the Fuzzy-wuzzies, and I didn't speak up because I was not a Fuzzy-wuzzy."

As most criminally insane, he appauled the masses. However he did have some fans.......

34575.jpg

Clive gives a hint

Veteran stars of 'Dad's Army' on sprightly form at anniversary reunion

" "I'm going to try to stay alive till 5pm!" quipped 88-year-old Clive Dunn when asked how he'd be marking the occasion"

" "I'm going to try to stay alive till 5pm!" quipped 88-year-old Clive Dunn when asked how he'd be marking the occasion"

I notice that even made it as a Quote of Day in one the the free London evening rags - Probably one of the most useful pieces of news I've ever gleened from those fine journalistic publications - apart from which media whore was out of lash last night, of course :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle1402471.ece

An interesting picture that: - Dunny looks the best out of all of them. Pertwee looks ever so frail now, Williams looks slightly better than I thought, Lavender looks so very different & much fatter now, but Dunny still looks class.

Whilst this one - which has another close up of Dunn (2nd link) has a picture of Eric Longworth - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...y-reunited.html - who I always half believed was dead, despite what it said on Wikipedia - but lo & behold - he's still alive & kissing females!

So, where was Colin Bean, Private Sponge? Could he be the next for DL 2009?

PS When was Jeffrey Holland in Dad's Army? Or did they get their Croft & Perry sitcoms mixed up? Suppose he hasn't seen much limelight lately...

An interesting picture that: - Dunny looks the best out of all of them. Pertwee looks ever so frail now, Williams looks slightly better than I thought, Lavender looks so very different & much fatter now, but Dunny still looks class.

Whilst this one - which has another close up of Dunn (2nd link) has a picture of Eric Longworth - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...y-reunited.html - who I always half believed was dead, despite what it said on Wikipedia - but lo & behold - he's still alive & kissing females!

So, where was Colin Bean, Private Sponge? Could he be the next for DL 2009?

PS When was Jeffrey Holland in Dad's Army? Or did they get their Croft & Perry sitcoms mixed up? Suppose he hasn't seen much limelight lately...

I see what you mean, Pertwee does not look good at all does he? According the article he's seven years younger than Dunn but easily look 5 to 10 years older.

Just found this on the BBC website....

"Jonathan Ross will be hosting a one-off special to commemorate the 40th anniversary on BBC Two on Sunday, 3 August at 1900 BST (1800 GMT). "