Teddy

Clive Dunn

I am a bit concerned that Clive Dunn and the DeathList are so intertwined that should he ever leave us the knock on effect would devastate the DeathList and it too would cease to be!!!

I am a bit concerned that Clive Dunn and the DeathList are so intertwined that should he ever leave us the knock on effect would devastate the DeathList and it too would cease to be!!!

I feel that maybe the lack of main page updates this year is tied in with this, as Dunn himself disintegrates so does the main page. Kinda like a Dorain Gray deal.

The Immortal One features in a BBC2 programme about John Le Mesurier tonight. Not sure when it was made, but I'd have to imagine it's quite recent and he looks in fine form in this clip.

Edit: Dad's Army Watch - Pamela Cundell, Jimmy Perry and Frank Williams looked ok for a few more years. No show from Bill Pertwee. Anna Wing also appeared, looking ok for a few more centuries.

They don't make em like JLM anymore, a class act.

Clive started a joke...

One little poem he used to say -

"If you want to 'ave some fun,

put your finger up your bum

and we'll all have a jolly jolly time".

That was one of his poems... I don't think you'll be able to use that... but I just thought I'd have to tell you.

Edited by harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Guest jack taylor

very sad :banghead:

Guest Blobbyblobby2000

Any word on the Dunnster?

He has been very quiet for quite a while now.

Guest Cunt Bear

This fucker will still be around in 2018.

This fucker will still be around in 2018.

In which case good for him! He ain't the DL favourite for nothing

Guest Your all sad tossers

All you people who come on here are sad sad people get a life

That should be "You're all sad tossers".

I see you're (that's you're, not your, by the way) also a stranger to punctuation.

So, what does that make you? Pot, kettle, black?

I'm sure I'd be much happier as an anonymous troll

That should be "You're all sad tossers".

I see you're (that's you're, not your, by the way) also a stranger to punctuation.

I was going to point this out, but I was scared that the other illiterate nutsack from the 'Irate' thread might come and call me a chubber again :D

Sainsbury's have a range of Father's Day gifts with Dad's Army theme blazoned with the words Don't Panic and Clive's picture. You can get a wallet, socks, tankard. I do hope he is getting some royalties for image rights which should pay for any medical care he may need in the near future.

These could also become Deathlist memorabilia.

Sainsbury's have a range of Father's Day gifts with Dad's Army theme blazoned with the words Don't Panic and Clive's picture. You can get a wallet, socks, tankard. I do hope he is getting some royalties for image rights which should pay for any medical care he may need in the near future.

These could also become Deathlist memorabilia.

I think the endless repeats of Dads Army will easily take care of any expenses he may run up now or in the future

I do hope he is getting some royalties for image rights which should pay for any medical care he may need in the near future.

Which brings us to the deep question: do the immortal need medical care?

regards,

Hein

When Clive Dunn dies (as he definitely will at some point in the future, fact fans), will the Deathlist retire in his honour?

When Clive Dunn dies (as he definitely will at some point in the future, fact fans), will the Deathlist retire in his honour?

Nah. Much as it will be a landmark moment, life (or rather death) will go on. Unless the Reaper decides to hang up his scythe

I think we should give him some title a bit like the title the North Koreans gave to Kim ll -sung when he died . :P

Has there been any controversy in Dunns life? Did he look for 'friendship' in toilets? Did his wife take in a 'lodger'?

No, but there was before it.

Just reading the excellent biography of John Le Mesurier by Graham McCann, which, of course, features on Dad's Army - of the interesting Dunn (and others) snippets

Dunn's mother had an affair with Dad's Army writer, David Croft's, father before both were born.

• The first person asked to play Lance-Corporal Jones was Jack Haig, later in 'allo 'allo as Leclerc., who couldn't due to other work commitments
  • Dunny, bless him, stalled out for a better financial deal for so long, he was within 4 hours of missing out of the role to....
  • .... David Jason. If Jason had been Jack Jones, would he have been Granville and Del Boy?
  • We all recognise Dunny as being old before his time, but BEFORE Dad's Army, he played an 83 yr old Boer War Veteran in Bootsie and Smudge - he was 39 at the time. If there was a Deathlist 1960, I am sure he would've been put on that!

Guest Upset

I think you are all disgusting. Clive is a dear friend and relative and would be very hurt to read your posts.

I think you are all disgusting. Clive is a dear friend and relative and would be very hurt to read your posts.

Why don't you show it to him? Make sure he reads ALL the posts, I'm sure he'll find it amusing.

• Like 1

I think we should give him some title a bit like the title the North Koreans gave to Kim ll -sung when he died . :P

Make him the eternal #51 when/if he dies. :P

Make him the eternal #51 when/if he dies. :P

Exactly my line of thinking 'Dear Clive eternal 51'.