Teddy

Clive Dunn

That's only post-upgrade. The record was around 400, I think possibly for Hunter or Hughes - one of those ranter occasions anyway. Or maybe it was when the Mindy McCready fanclub took a vacation here.

Which Hughes? Surely not Geoffrey?

What about when Jade Goody died? Surely that would've been pretty high

Emlyn. And Paul the snooker player. Both threads are worth a re-read. Goody-googling brought fewer guests - the net's got bigger and the DL harder to find in the past few years. I'm surprised old CD has stayed near the top for so long, but I guess that not so many people google him...oh, I don't know, summat like that anyway.

Guest Guest

In other news, black man gets second term in a white house. Bugger, no chance of a night of back to back Dad's Army just a load of Republicans who don't like it up 'em.

(I do like the fact that the first person to post his death here was indeed a guest)

RIP... But his death did make it to the news-headpage of the dutch Teletext, that's some claim to fame!

I'm amazed that the dutch still have teletext. Haven't you gone digital yet?

Aww I saw that he had finally gone and I thought of you guys here first. My commiserations as I know how much you will all miss him. Bit shocked he's finally left us.

yea dunn was probably the only one that the majority of us on here didn't want to die .

The thing im most pleased about is a record 160 people were online more than any other time in this website's history (including michael jackson's ,neil armstrong's deaths).

So i think that is the biggest tribute .

That's only post-upgrade. The record was around 400, I think possibly for Hunter or Hughes - one of those ranter occasions anyway. Or maybe it was when the Mindy McCready fanclub took a vacation here.

I've only been here three years, in which Quantickgate brought us the most active-at-one-time, but I'm sure someone at the time said our record active members was for when yr man from One Man and His Dog carked it?

From memory, the most on line was something like 421. I think it was on a December, not too sure the year, probably roundabout 2005-6. I'm sure I can find out if you REALLY want to know.

What a shame he couldn't hold on for another 22 days, it would have marked DeathList's 26th birthday in style.

Breaching the resource limit of the site is a fitting tribute to the Dunnster. The big question now is surely, do we adopt another poster boy/girl (like Dickie O) or leave the position vacant as a tribute to a true one-off?

Yes. Yes we do. Dickie O has my vote.

A sad day, RIP Clive.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

This ^

From memory, the most on line was something like 421. I think it was on a December, not too sure the year, probably roundabout 2005-6. I'm sure I can find out if you REALLY want to know.

If memory serves me correct, it was Friday December 1st 2006 about 10 p.m., I may be wrong abut it being the Friday but I am sure it was that weekend.

Can't believe it - I was at my dad's when I heard the news on the radio, he couldn't understand why I jumped up with my hands over my face shouting NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We will definitely all remember where we were when we heard!

If memory serves me correct, it was Friday December 1st 2006 about 10 p.m., I may be wrong abut it being the Friday but I am sure it was that weekend.

Some memory you've got there, HCW/LG.

Sad for those close to him, but what a lovely chap bringing so much fun to landmark television programmes.

Won't be the same DL but I feel we really should have a full 50 names every year and use the number 50 slot for just the type of wonderful British character actor like Clive Dunn who we all just don't want to lose.

• Like 1

Oh dear God. This is like the end of days. I hope we can find the strength to carry on :rolleyes: . RIP Clive.

Richard O'Sullivan, a forum turns it's lonely eyes to you....

A true game changer, this, and the very definition of mixed emotions.

I thought the end of the World was in December, not today??

I go for the 49 option, and retire Dunnie's jersey. After all, it's not as if the DL has had 50 all the way through... and to be honest, is never going to get 50 out of 50.

RIP, a remarkable man, who, when I think of his work, only makes me smile. That I feel is a decent legacy.

• Like 1

RIP Corp Jones

Perhaps we should retire his number and next year have a 51.

Is there a death list hall of fame?

as for the ranters well they dont like it up 'em

a sad day

Guest Guest

Surely his place should be replaced with are Brucey. His immortality is questionable.

Guest Guest

Can no-one face the awful job of adding the DEAD tag?

Guest Guest

I too immediately thought of this site when I heard the news. Goodbye, Grandad (many my age of 30-40 must remember him primarily as that)

Meteors, superstorms, earthquakes - none of that made me fear for the future of civilization. But the death of Clive Dunn? Now I'm scared...

R.I.P. Mr Dunn you are and always will be a legend

Thought i would stop by and pay my last respects to Clive.... Hope everyone is doing well in the world of Death Lists.. x.

R.I.P. Mr. Dunn.

I'm totally lost for words.

Unexpected news, although I had quiet doubts about his immortality. DL will never be the same. Retiring no. 50 and introducing no 51 on the list seems a fitting tribute.

I suppose we should give lance-corporal Jones a send-off with full military honours. Could a delegation of Fuzzy Wuzzies be aranged?

regards,

Hein