Teddy

Clive Dunn

Bill Pertwee is President of the Dad's Army Appreciation Society (UK Branch) and Frank Williams is apparently Vice President, you can see for yourselves here.

Should we nominate Clive Dunn for perpetual life membership?

Guest VSBfromH

... the tag line to the above should have been "unfortunately, whilst using the metal detector, Clive stumbled across a (previously) unexploded WWII landmine, and is now the 9th success on this year's Death List"

It'll take far more than a landmine to topple Clive. He's the Rasputin of aging comedic character actors.

I went to the Bressingham Steam Museum in Norfolk (I think) and it has a shrine to Dad's Army: a mocked-up street with Jones the Butcher, the bank etc in it (van included) and also a recreation of the village hall HQ and Mainwaring's office. A lot of episodes were filmed in that area (Thetford and there abouts). I don't know why I just told you this, but there you have it!

DWB :huh:

Guest Guest

The one thing about Clive Dunn is he made aliving playing old men's roles, famously Jones in 'Dad's Army' and later in 'Grandad', when he was in fact he was round about a middle-aged man.

The make-up artists of the time those series were made should be congratulated as now at 82, he looks no different to how he he was whe naged-up.

I wonder if anyone actually recognised him out of character ?

I know Wilfred Brambell had that problem when out of his Steptoe character, the BBC club staff failed to recognise him.

I know Wilfred Brambell had that problem when out of his Steptoe character.

Problem?

Yes, I'm sure it was a constant disappointment for him not to have complete strangers recognise him & shout 'you dirty old man' in his direction about 100 times a day every day for the rest of his life.

Guest mikebuk

Problem?

Yes, I'm sure it was a constant disappointment for him not to have complete strangers recognise him & shout 'you dirty old man' in his direction about 100 times a day every day for the rest of his life.

I'm wondering if you're joking or you missed my point !

:(

Mike

I'm trying to work out your homepage, or should I say the banner page?

:( Argh, my eyes, my eyes!

As for Wilfred Brambell not being recognised by the BBC club staff when not made up as old man Steptoe, does that mean they wouldn't let him into the building, wouldn't serve him at the bar, or something like that?

I once went to see Lee and Herring live in Bedford. They had people in the giving reasons why they should be the King or Queen of the day. The bloke who was voted as having the best reason said that he had once punched Clive Dunn in a public toilet and knocked him to the ground by the urinals.

"You don't vote for Kings!"

Guest mikebuk
Mike

I'm trying to work out your homepage, or should I say the banner page?

:) Argh, my eyes, my eyes!

As for Wilfred Brambell not being recognised by the BBC club staff when not made up as old man Steptoe, does that mean they wouldn't let him into the building, wouldn't serve him at the bar, or something like that?

Apparantly yes with Wilfred Brambell, he had to prove who he was as obviously not in the Steptoe character. I'm sure many actors have had recognition problems in this way.

OK Rude Kid and Stayin Alive, my homepage uses Java as does a lot of my site's pages, so if you can't see it the banners or graphics properly, youi'd need to make sure you have Java installed.

I have used grimreaper129 as my e-mail addresses for years ironically, so hence the element of the homepage. It is to do with being a fan of the WWE's The Undertaker.

:)

Bloody hell, don't tell me that Dunn's going to outlive Pike?

I think Clive may suprise us all, and outlive everyone :referee:

Nothing would surprise me about Clive Dunn's longevity - He was my hot tip in 1987 and remains a permanent reminder that the ol' DeathList game is never as easy as you think...

Guest replica jones

does any one know if clive would have email as i would like to get in touch

i recently played jonesey in a local production of Dads Army in NZ

Thought I'd drag this up again! Today is Clive's 85th birthday ( see p329 on ITV teletext)

Guest snickerboy38
:)

Guest BlackRosie

Problem?

I'm wondering if you're joking or you missed my point !

:lol:

wilfred brambell should be on the deathlist