Teddy

Clive Dunn

You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

We know that Dunn is immortal, yet he has to be on the list. He is our Grail, our Old Man of the Mountain, our Nirvana. To acheive the state of Dunn-ness is the ultimate aim of us all. Hope this clears things up a little, and a warm welcome to you.

So by being immortal, he proves the statement "Nothing is perfect" by automatically denying you a perfect 50/50 score. Ah, I see his importance.

A bit of Dunn trivia, in the sitcom My Old Man Dunny's real life wife Priscilla Morgan played his daughter.

Yet again Dunny was playing a character 20 years older than he really was, still a bit creepy though.

http://portugalresident.com/portugalreside...ry.asp?ID=15148

The Resident

Weekly Algarve Edition

It’s a Dunn deal

THE real stars of Scruffts are undoubtedly four-legged, but this year’s event, on October 1 also features a couple of well-known human faces.

Jo Wheeler, Sky TV weather presenter, opens proceedings at 11am and soon afterwards Clive Dunn takes to the ring – appropriately in the veterans class – with his pet pooch.

Be sure to get there early to make the most of this fun-pascked, star-studded day.

Don’t forget that this year Scruffts Dog Show is at Fatacil in Lagoa.

Turn to page 37 for more Scruffts information.

Clive Dunn's biography in the Wikipedia talks about Deathlist -

Dunn was also, unusually, voted 'The Death List Favourite' as he has appeared in 'The Death List' every year for 29 years. The Death List is a list of all the famous people who are forecast to die in that year, Dunn, having appeared in The List since 1987, is however, still alive.

Dunn was also, unusually, voted 'The Death List Favourite' as he has appeared in 'The Death List' every year for 29 years. The Death List is a list of all the famous people who are forecast to die in that year, Dunn, having appeared in The List since 1987, is however, still alive.

Added November 1 by I.P. 172.200.180.137.

That one of ours mods? <_<

Added November 1 by I.P. 172.200.180.137.

That one of ours mods? <_<

Not one of our posters.

regards,

Hein

And Wikipedia being Wikipedia, it is of course wrong.

One, 1987 is 19 years ago, not 29.

Two, Clive Dunn has certainly NOT been on every list since the start. That was proved quite comprehensively earlier this year.

I s'pose I could change it but I've far better things to do then wank around changing Wikipedia articles.

Two, Clive Dunn has certainly NOT been on every list since the start. That was proved quite comprehensively earlier this year.

I s'pose I could change it but I've far better things to do then wank around changing Wikipedia articles.

Don't worry, Tempus Fugit has already come and saved the day! <_<

Don't worry, Tempus Fugit has already come and saved the day! :lol:

I love to revert. :)

I will not have Dunn fiddled with, the man deserves better. He's an icon of television yesteryear. A beacon of all our yesterdays.

Fiddle ye not with the great man's Wiki.

Didn't know where to post this new slant on the phrase "going tooled up" then, for some reason thought of Clive Dunn. Here's someone who clearly did like it up him.

The man was lying on a tree stump, masturbating beside a nature path, near a Bay Area Rapid Transit station Thursday,

As you do.

The man was lying on a tree stump, masturbating beside a nature path, near a Bay Area Rapid Transit station Thursday,

As you do.

I've been trying to imagine a Bay Area Rapid Transit station.

As you do.

I've been trying to imagine a Bay Area Rapid Transit station.

I also wonder why BART names a station after a day of the week.

regards,

Hein

Clive Dunn "didnt like it up em", perhaps we should put it "up im" and makes it's passing a bit quicker !

Why not just subject him to Grandpa We Love You till he offs himself???

Because the mechanical copyright from the repeated plays will buy him a year's worth of wine on the Algarve.

you know if you don't include him he's gonna die. and everyone else in the world will be laughing. exept Clive's family.

Wow, he is looking younger and great for 82. Perhaps he has the eilixir of life. No chance there for this year I would hazard. Perhaps we should be swapping that parrot for Clive on the list instead.

" :banghead:

Thats it! I reckon if we all impersonated pensioners from the age of 20 we could reverse the aging process significantly. Clive Dunn was probably younger then Ian Lavender when Dads Army was being filmed and also when he starred in the childrens hit tv show "Grandad", yet succesfully fooled us into thinking he was a silver-haired old duffer with bent legs and a bit of a hearing problem.

So Im going to forget the anti-wrinkle creams and go for the surgical stockings instead. I won,t wash my clothes for the next ten years so they stink of urine and stale buscuits, and then everyone will be amazed at how young I look if and indeed when I do get old.

Well Dunn Clive !!!

Anyway, whilst Stats is off, busy polishing his trophy, and given that this thread is now about Clive...

Clive has settled in the Algarve, according to his crafty flirtation with Saga magazine, c.1992. Silver surfers have been flocking there ever since, impacting the local wine prices.

http://home.btconnect.com/howejam/dadsarmy...issionspeak.htm

"Why has he chosen to settle in the Algarve? "The weather is a major attraction, " he says, filling our glasses with delicious £1-a-bottle white wine."It is the best climate in Europe. The Portuguese people are invariably pleasant and tolerant, the cost of living is about the same as England, and the wine is so cheap it could become an alcoholic's paradise. Fish, meat, petrol, and electricity are expensive and I would say a car is essential, but given care it is possible to live cheaply. "We're told that a lot of British residents have returned home due to rising prices, but there are still many of them here. It is a wonderful place for sporty people with all the golf; tennis, swimming and boating you could want. I play golf and tennis once a week, tomorrow I'm horse riding, occasionally I go fishing in my glass fibre boat."

This lifestyle is his elixir and it does seem to be paying off. No fuel bills or cold, flu bearing weather in the UK to worry about and plenty of £1 bottles of wine. All this since being dmobbed from Croft & Perry's sitcom army in 1892.

I can indeed confirm this clipping as I met the ever living Clive Dunn in the mid-90's whilst on a golf course out there. A very pleasant chap who invited us to his sons restaurant.

20 years. He should be on Deathlist 2007.

And 2027. I appreciate the sentiment, but how much hard carking evidence can we muster on New Years Eve 2006?