Teddy

Clive Dunn

Wonder has always been blind

No he hasn't, born sighted rendered blind by poor medical attention as a baby. He could have sued the person who did it but the identity parade was a disaster!

Okay he's a bad example to use but some healthy people - like Stephen King - simply have very unhealthy eyes, in isolation it's not the smoking gun we need. Clive's nowhere near Dunn.

Okay he's a bad example to use but some healthy people - like Stephen King - simply have very unhealthy eyes, in isolation it's not the smoking gun we need. Clive's nowhere near Dunn.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach 100 and beyond.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it past 90. I guess I'm just not easily surprised about people I know little about.

Hmm, CP I find your posting above very surprising but then I was surprised when daylight dawned this morning.

Oddly, it conjured up for me a picture of Cpl Jones sticking up his hand and saying; 'Captain Mainwaring sir, I'd like to volunteer to be the one that lives to be one hundred.

Can anybody help me...

I'm trying to find an mp3 of Clive Dunn's Grandad, but can't.

I've managed to download I Play The Spoons, the b-side, but Grandad is elusive.

Thanks.

Looks like Clive may be around for some time given the info in this thread. It did inspire my user name though.

Well, looking at this story, Dunny is still fit enough to fly, make comments & eat biscuits.

Dunny back in Sunny UK

That's quite rare for him to come back for these kind of meetings. If he's gone to this much effort, I think he'll be alright for a bit.

Maybe the foul weather will be a shock to his system, more acclimed to the balmy med. Pneumonia as an outside shot perhaps?

Maybe the foul weather will be a shock to his system, more acclimed to the balmy med. Pneumonia as an outside shot perhaps?

I think you need to knock him off any 2006 list.....and not bother for 2007 either !

Keep the faith, Mr. G. Keep the faith. We must be strong together in our hour of darkness.

I think you need to knock him off any 2006 list.....and not bother for 2007 either !

The thing is....I always loved Clive Dunn.....and I've not got him in any of my lists ;)

But surely you put the greater good of Deathlist above your own personal aims?

WOW...thats a tough one..... :P

Nope...after a few minutes reflection......I'm only in this purely to win as many competitions as possible ! ;)

LONG LIVE CLIVE !!!!!!!!

But Dunny must be on the DeathList when he expires, anything less would be unthinkable he is DL's honourary President after all.

Clive Dunn was reported in the News of the World yesterday as having gone completely blind.

When Bill Pertwee - with the help of The Sun - shares in a number 1 record next week there'll be another fit of Googling that might give us some up to date health information on the surviving Dad's Army members.

Do you think Private Godfrey's sisters are still alive?

Pamela Cundell who played Mrs Fox is 80 this year

Colin Bean who played Private Sponge is also 80 this year.

But Godfrey's sisters, back then I never rated them but these days, when the stage lighting catches them at a certain angle.........................!

But Godfrey's sisters, back then I never rated them but these days, when the stage lighting catches them at a certain angle.........................!

Amy Dalby who played Dolly died in 1969,

Nan Braunton who played Cissy, can't find a dob or death for her but she must be dead.

Amy Dalby who played Dolly died in 1969,

Nan Braunton who played Cissy, can't find a dob or death for her but she must be dead.

N-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!!!!!

Not Cissy and Nan!

This is a fools errand. Last time I checked Dunn was in good health, only suffering minor sight problems, retired in Portugal.

(Having said that he'll probably go and prove me wrong...)

You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

We know that Dunn is immortal, yet he has to be on the list. He is our Grail, our Old Man of the Mountain, our Nirvana. To acheive the state of Dunn-ness is the ultimate aim of us all. Hope this clears things up a little, and a warm welcome to you.