Guest JMD667

Carl Reiner

Guest JMD667

Just as a suggestion Carl Reiner who will be 83 and a possible participent for next year

Thanks for the RK - some of those films are appalling, so looks like he's died several times already!

I just was checking the online list and i spotted a guest
reading the Carl Reiner thread. I wonder how he has been lately?
A decrease in health?

He was on an episode of Boston Legal last season, and I believe was also in Ocean's Twelve. Doesn't exactly look sprightly, but maybe still got a few years in him.

I thought Carl Reiner directed Spinal Tap - can't be that old! have I got this horribly wrong?

I thought Carl Reiner directed Spinal Tap - can't be that old! have I got this horribly wrong?

that was his son, Rob Reiner.

Of course it's Rob Reiner. Thanks.

Didn't know about the family connection tho - but then I hadnt heard of Carl Reiner before thsi morning anyway...

Just a frail old guy no particular reason to have/ not have him on the list for 2006.

Guest IYG

He seems to be in good health and is still working, I would wait another couple of years.

Carl Reiner is a contemporary of Neil Simon and Mel Brooks and directed

The Jerk, starring Steve Martin

And so it was that on March 20, 2007, actor/writer/etc. Carl Reiner celebrated his 85th birthday. A good time was apparently had by all according to his former daughter-in-law Penny Marshall (Myrna Turner on the Odd Couple w/Jack 'Stiill Alive' Klugman and Tony "Very Dead' Randall as well as Laverne on Laverne and Shirley as well as being a director of several films)

Reiner's most recent film work is in Ocean's Thirteen where he portrays the character Saul Bloom (the same character he portrayed in Ocean's Twelve and Eleven). Mr.Reiner appears to be in good health and has taken up ballroom dancing and bowling as his latest hobbies.

Had a Late Night on and Mr.Reiner broke a beer bottle over the hosts head. I say put him on the shelf for a while.

Carl Reiner just popped up on the season finale of House. Looks a lot older these days, but still sprightly and funny.

Carl Reiner just popped up on the season finale of House. Looks a lot older these days, but still sprightly and funny.

Unfortunately, House isn't a comedy, so maybe the old git's finally lost his marbles.

No idea he had his own thread. Hasn't been active in 6 years, anyway.

Carl Reiner is on my list and he doesn't seem like a very good choice, which makes me laugh since there are posts from 10 years ago about how he's old and frail and bound to go soon :P

• Like 1

No idea he had his own thread. Hasn't been active in 6 years, anyway.

Carl Reiner is on my list and he doesn't seem like a very good choice, which makes me laugh since there are posts from 10 years ago about how he's old and frail and bound to go soon :P

Yes, it's funny, but also somewhat insightful. Like a life in fast-forward.

Posted today that he hasn’t tweeted in a couple days because he’s been under the weather. Probably nothing to get alarmed about, but might be worth keeping an eye on

59362F75-6F43-4324-8585-733BC0A2BD1A.png

• Like 1

Definitely worth inclusion on next year’s list 

References his "half sick bed" and not dying until Trump is out:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After not tweeting my feelings about our unelected, impeachable President, I have rallied myself from a half-sick-bed to my computer to log in the promise I made to myself, “You don’t leave this world until Trump leaves the office the Russians stole from Hillary and gave to him.”</p>&mdash; carl reiner (@carlreiner) <a href="https://twitter.com/carlreiner/status/1086375849807335424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Surprising DL pick tbh. Clearly the older US-centric celebs are an area the Cmme goes for nowadays.

The committee loves these old New York, and dare I say it, jewish comedians. (me too, by the way)

But Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner, they'll all go together when they go.