Guest JamesG

Shane MacGowan

I suppose Shane now being in a wheelchair all the time reduces the risk of him falling over and sustaining a fatal head injury, which had always been on the cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

I suppose Shane now being in a wheelchair all the time reduces the risk of him falling over and sustaining a fatal head injury, which had always been on the cards.

Yeah, but now a blood clot is on the cards. 

Some alki's defy the odds no matter how much they drink. I remember a bloke who lived next door to my aunt who was on the piss virtually every day of his life until his demise in his early 80s. Hope for me yet then:D

Guest on the RTÉ Late Late Show this evening, likely in one of the pre-record bits as it was a bit of a tied together mess

Looked bloated and could barely attempt to sing.

On 19/12/2020 at 01:31, Cian said:

Guest on the RTÉ Late Late Show this evening, likely in one of the pre-record bits as it was a bit of a tied together mess

Looked bloated and could barely attempt to sing.

his normal self then!

On 18/12/2020 at 23:50, Arsewipe said:

Some alki's defy the odds no matter how much they drink. I remember a bloke who lived next door to my aunt who was on the piss virtually every day of his life until his demise in his early 80s. Hope for me yet then:D

Aye, remember the man well - bad call to cremate him as I recall

0_dondadrei53k5q45w51sb3qk1039186JPG.jpg

So, if streaming doesn't pay the way record sales used to - you can always diversify 

132667887_10159132453557287_916116822052

Shane is 63 today. :birthday:

• Like 3

On 18/12/2020 at 23:50, Arsewipe said:

The Queen Mother would like a chat.

If they are really willing to bring back Shane for a third time, then I think he’s starting to head to bedblocker status...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If they are really willing to bring back Shane for a third time, then I think he’s starting to head to bedblocker status...

He's not fallen from grace with god yet.

I’ll give 2:1 odds he lives.  Put the monetary amount and it’s a bet.  That’s how stupid this name is.  Prove me wrong or pay me.

He's reminding me of the end days of Mark E. Smith, wheelchair-bound with rapid deterioration. Think this will be his year - there's only so long you can abuse your body to the extent he has, a relentless pounding day after day.

20 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

He's reminding me of the end days of Mark E. Smith, wheelchair-bound with rapid deterioration. Think this will be his year - there's only so long you can abuse your body to the extent he has, a relentless pounding day after day.

What I wouldn't give.....;)

(In before Lard!) :lol:

• Haha 1

Hospitalized over Christmas according to our pals at the Sun. Discharged and apparently 'fine' now. 

Although he obviously has been looking like shit for decades, the physical deterioration in the past couple of years has been quite significant. Maybe not that bad a pick after all. 

Isnt he just the younger, wheelchair bound version of keith richards? Might as well have the real thing on the list instead? Or a more vegetative guy like schumacher? Did I miss something?

Just guessing that he might be hanging on till a biography is published/released. It was due out last year but due to a small, little worldwide problem it's been delayed to hopefully being released October this year.  

On 20/02/2021 at 20:54, odeon said:

Isnt he just the younger, wheelchair bound version of keith richards? Might as well have the real thing on the list instead? Or a more vegetative guy like schumacher? Did I miss something?

Hell no, anyone who saw the bio/documentary recently got let into enough to see Shane's a total mess. Keith - once he cleaned up from the smack addiction of the 70s - has used the fags and Jack Daniels as something of a prop. The recent(ish) doc made clear Shane is a serious alcoholic and his drug use has done for his mental health a few times to the point he's been sectioned. The main reason he's wheelchair bound is that his balance is fucked and for much of the filming Shane was shipping alcohol to the point his diction is shot too. So the speech centre of his brain has likely shipped damage that won't repair. With our without the scenes where Johnny Depp is fawning over Shane and pouring his drink (because Shane's co-ordination is so fucked at that point he can't pour his own) the man's life choices and accumulated damage are blatantly obvious.

The real fucked up deal, frankly - and should be DDP Drop Forty if he makes the start line next year.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2021 at 08:19, maryportfuncity said:

Hell no, anyone who saw the bio/documentary recently got let into enough to see Shane's a total mess. Keith - once he cleaned up from the smack addiction of the 70s - has used the fags and Jack Daniels as something of a prop. The recent(ish) doc made clear Shane is a serious alcoholic and his drug use has done for his mental health a few times to the point he's been sectioned. The main reason he's wheelchair bound is that his balance is fucked and for much of the filming Shane was shipping alcohol to the point his diction is shot too. So the speech centre of his brain has likely shipped damage that won't repair. With our without the scenes where Johnny Depp is fawning over Shane and pouring his drink (because Shane's co-ordination is so fucked at that point he can't pour his own) the man's life choices and accumulated damage are blatantly obvious.

The real fucked up deal, frankly - and should be DDP Drop Forty if he makes the start line next year.

He looks to be in a similar place now to where Mark E. Smith was 12 months before he croaked. I'm struggling to see how McGowan gets much beyond the beginning of next year. 

He looks really well.  I'm inclined to agree with his opinion  of Ulysses:

"This is rubbish, it means bugger all, it just sounds good."

• Like 1

I think he might still live a couple of years. Same for Emperor Akihito.

• Like 1