Guest JamesG

Shane MacGowan

6 minutes ago, arghton said:

If I don’t end up in hospital, I thank Jesus and His Holy Mother and all the saints and angels.’

What about Joseph and the wee donkey?

(Not everyone will get this)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Toast said:

What about Joseph and the wee donkey?

(Not everyone will get this)

But they definately should. ;)

• Haha 1

Personally, I enjoyed the Daily Mail's groundbreaking coverage of his exhibition - to quote, "he puffed on a vape and sipped on a glass of bubbly, although it is not known if the drink was alcoholic or not".

BTW,  based on the pictures I'm not sure he qualifies for Deathlist .... surely you have to still be alive to make the cut :P

image.thumb.png.71e4a98a596b45b71b6c6fd82d41a6b5.png

• Haha 5

Since 2017, the number 50 slot has been a reliable host for death list successes (Ian Brady, Mark Smith, Johnny Clegg, Peter Sutcliffe, Tom Moore). With just 50 days left in the year, what do you feel the chances are of this streak continuing for '22?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Since 2017, the number 50 slot has been a reliable host for death list successes (Ian Brady, Mark Smith, Johnny Clegg, Peter Sutcliffe, Tom Moore). With just 50 days left in the year, what do you feel the chances are of this streak continuing for '22?

IMHO, not much. 

• Like 3

since 2003 is considered to die, must be one of the longest in this situation, does anyone know who has the topic created as the oldest possibility of dying here and hasn't died yet?

12 hours ago, diego said:

since 2003 is considered to die, must be one of the longest in this situation, does anyone know who has the topic created as the oldest possibility of dying here and hasn't died yet?

Shane MacGowan's is the oldest thread of a living person. Robert De Niro's, the next oldest, followed on the 21st October 2003, nearly a month later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, diego said:

As far as I know he's had a thread here longer than anyone else still alive.

Pictures from a few days ago, looks "frail" says media, honestly looks the same as he's looked for a while.

shane1.thumb.jpg.44dd8ade8512499a0683e19cc8f8b3fb.jpg

Think Waylon Jennings looked a bit similar a year or half a year before he died but can't compare him and MacGowan much. Only thing that Jennings died at 64, Shane is now 64.  I don't think Shane MacGowan can be compared to anyone. 

India Times did some small article on him recently, 

shane.jpg.52fdf6b4479ec34ba68ee200517ee5d3.jpg

I did not know he started drinking at 5. That's one year earlier than Willie Nelson started smoking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

excluded*

Edited by diego
forgot to mention the topic

6 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

O de Shane MacGowan é o fio mais antigo de uma pessoa viva, o de Robert De Niro. O próximo mais antigo, ocorreu em 21 de outubro de 2003, quase um mês depois. 

thank you so much

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

As far as I know he's had a thread here longer than anyone else still alive.

Pictures from a few days ago, looks "frail" says media, honestly looks the same as he's looked for a while.

shane1.thumb.jpg.44dd8ade8512499a0683e19cc8f8b3fb.jpg

Think Waylon Jennings looked a bit similar a year or half a year before he died but can't compare him and MacGowan much. Only thing that Jennings died at 64, Shane is now 64.  I don't think Shane MacGowan can be compared to anyone. 

India Times did some small article on him recently, 

shane.jpg.52fdf6b4479ec34ba68ee200517ee5d3.jpg

I did not know he started drinking at 5. That's one year earlier than Willie Nelson started smoking. 

Thank you so much, I didn't know this information, too early to start drinking and Willie Nelson starting smoking at 6 is also impressive, I didn't know either

• Like 1

A Christmas time departure for MacGowan would be appropriate given his hit song.

• Like 1

Should have picked him rather than Shane MacGowan :angel:...

https://www.liberation.fr/culture/musique/keith-levene-a-punk-is-dead-20221113_22ISX6UCJREKLHU7TTGD6ZNOJI/

cddf737_1668331722057-gettyimages-1202774717.jpg

EUYBKQXFTFBVXBR5MBIHWTEJZE.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Shane MacGowan has joined Tiktok! He doesn’t look or sound great but a lot better than I thought he would. 

BCA766AA-18E4-4AB9-B2FC-79076CB53578.png

• Like 1

He looks dead but then again he has for 20 odd years now.

• Like 1

Mentions he is in hospital "again", begs the question how long this yo-yoing to and from hospital has been going on.

• Like 1

If he goes this month does that mean "Fairytale of New York" will be being played on repeat on every radio station?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

If he goes this month does that mean "Fairytale of New York" will be being played on repeat on every radio station?

Like it  isn't already....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

It is anyway isn't it?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Like it  isn't already....

Beat me to it

• Haha 1

In fact it might be dropped for a bit if he dies as it’s not the happiest of Christmas songs. 

• Like 1