honez

The next two to go off the 2004 list?

Predicting who should be on the 2005 list is fun... But seeing as the DL team has already deliberated long and hard to come up with the 2004 list, is anyone brave enough to nominate the next two from the 2004 list out of the blocks? :angry:

Maybe The Grim Reaper could offer one of the fantastic DL mugs as a prize, :ghost: to help clear our thinking and get rid of the half-year-noone's-died-in-a-while-blues?

What do you think Mr Reaper? :ghost:

Well I think this fits nicely into my plan for a 2-3 month prediction game... We need a prize and the mug does sound like a good idea.

Reaper?

Good suggestion Honez - we've been thinking about something like this for a while so maybe we'll start putting the wheels in motion.

Those lovely DL mugs would of course make a fine prize - but a word of warning - keep them out of the dishwasher :lol:

Ah, that kind of "not dishwasher safe" prizes. Its now sounding like that game with Keith Chegwin "Sale of the Century" where they gave away "not dishwasher safe" prizes. Remind me, how long ago was that on tv?........but yes i like the sound of the DL game

Sale of the Century was Nicholas Parsons - the undisputed God of the terrible gameshow.

Keith Chegwin was Cheggers Plays Pop and latterly seen starkers in Naked Jungle.

Sale of the Century was made by Anglia in the 70's I think, not sure how long it ran before someone took it outside and shot it. Anglia also nurtured such talents as Fred Dineage and kept me entertained during the school holidays with their silver knight on horseback pirouetting to the Water Music.....happy days........

I can firmly attest to the fact that Deathlist mugs do die a painfully slow death via the dishwasher - especially when you've had the builders in every day for 9 months. But the kudos of owning one must still make them a tempting prize. I think there are some plans for some pukka DL t-shirt prizes...

Sorry to know this, but the Earl was right - Sale of the Century survived the shooting, had some plastic surgery and did return with Cheggers in charge, on one of the satellite channels a few years ago.

love and kisses

little sister

I too remember the Sky One rehash of SOTC too.

Night Nurse can do strange things you know...

Are they the type of t-shirts that fall tp peices in the wash?

Nope, these will be the real deal, if I understand Mr Reaper's plans correctly. Not the ones on the current shop. As for whether or not you can wash them in the dishwasher, I am sure I saw something or read somewhere that somebody was doing just that and that it did work.

Isn't it about time somebody remade 3-2-1? I think that none other than Clive Dunn the Immortal was a guest in the first ever show...........

Speaking of 3-2-1 - found a lovely excerpt from the glorious show...

The famous episode (pictured below) that's so good it deserves a full script:

Rogers: "This is a composer. German by birth, English by adoption. Best known for an oratorio published in 1741. It was called Messiah. You're bound to know his handle."

Female contestant: (presses buzzer) "Oh God, I used to have it at school... Handel's Water Music..."

Rogers: "So who's the composer?"

Female contestant: "Chopin?" (audience shrieks in disbelief)

Rogers: (shrugs shoulders and turns to other team) "So I can offer it to you."

Male contestant: "Beethoven?"

321_handel.jpg

Mr Horsemen - how did you find out that Clive Dunn appeared on the first ever 3-2-1? Dont suppose you will admit to having a secret stash of dubious VHS (or maybe Betamax!) tapes will you??

Got home with a bit of a heat on last night, and turned on the TV to find an old show on an obscure channel that gave me a thought; do you suppose it's going to take Adrian Paul chopping off Clive Dunn's head to get it done?

Rather tragically they showed the first show of 3-2-1 on Challenge TV a few years back, and there was everyones favourite perpetual teenager Mr Dunn leaving a trilby as a clue and calling it a "Maguffin" for reasons that were never determined......they also showed the episode highlighted above - one of the brains-trust contestants on that show was a certain Janice Long, believe it or else!

Really should get out more.........

I have to admit my sad ignorance by admitting that I had to look up Adrian Paul (turns out he's the Highlander actor).

Anyway - it seems unlikely to me that a simple beheading will be enough to finish off the immortal Clive Dunn -

I can hear his voice now..."Dont Panic..." as he pursues his severed head :D

I predict Michael Foot & Simon Weisenthal to passover shortly ( i hope )..

:D Laughing like a wild man and can barely type, GR, as I had forgotten all about the "don't panic" line. Sort of leads us back to the Rasputin theory, doesn't it?

I often wounder how these tallentless get tv game shows and radio shows and tv programme slots. How on earth did they become to be on tv in the first place???????? The likes of Clive dunn, Keith Chegwin, Nicholas Parsons and Bruce "Nice to see you to see you ....NICE" Foresight, however u spell it. The person who allow these people to pollute our tv's and radio with their suposed tallent should be shot.

Dam i am sounding like Mary Whitehouse

We could all watch Big Brother instead ... :D

Pervez Musharraf!

• Haha 1

Really? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, WEP said:

Pervez Musharraf!

Lmao