Sign in to follow this  
Night

Prime Minister Iyad Allawi

Now that the US has handed Iraq over to Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, what are his odds of living to see 2005? What form will the first attempt take, and when?

I'm guessing... truck bomb, late August.

...Pity really as he is not really going to count if he dies this year.........

Perhaps Mr Reaper would care to kind enough to let us know if we can just enter the "Leader of Iraq" maybe three times rather than by naming them personally....... ;)

Alternatively, we could be caught out by the rule that the "...person (Leader of Iraq) is only famous for dying....." ;)

However, we can always content ourselves with Saddam for next year......... :lol:

You've given him till August ?!

Maybe we show have a separate DeathList solely for Iraqi (and maybe Chechen) politicians ... we should manage at least one a month.

Speaking specifically about Paul Bremmer, the former Coalition Chief Administrator in Iraq, the fellow must have had a ton of luck to survive his tenure in one piece. Bremmer was surely a target but apparently managed to leave that tortured nation unscathed. Whether we agree or not with US policies in Iraq (and I most emphatically don't) it takes courage, a robust amount of ego, and even foolishness to put yourself in the assassin's crosshairs...for what? Now I think we should consider John Negroponte, the newly-appointed US Ambassdor to Iraq as a likely candidate for 2004's list. After many years of distinguished service to the empire, especially in Central America where he put his morally dubious talents to work to better torture Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador, Ambassador Negroponte may finally meet the kind of underdog he just can't kick with total impunity.

Iyad Allawi must be a good contender for this week let alone next year! His card is marked and the sand has nearly run out of his hour glass!

[Topics merged to keep thread together - DWB]

Not forgetting any British officials in Iraq too.

Bremmer must of been a target and I guess he breathed a very large sigh of relief when he finally got his return ticket. What probably started out as a great way to further one's career, probably turned very quickly into a living nightmare for one person, I would imagine.

I read in todays press that Iyad Allawi has had a bounty of £150,000 placed on his head by a leading Al-Qaeda member. The pressure builds.

DWB :angel:

A smart piece of business by the al-Qaeda member - offering to pay a bounty to any succesful suicide bomber.

I understand the small print stated the bomber had to claim the money in person :angel:

Would just a finger or an eye count ? :angel:

Iyad Allawi is a walking human target. Yesterday suicide bombers targeted his Baghdad office. It will be interesting to see if he makes it through this year.

Allawi is not helping his cause by insisting on wearing this T-shirt all the time:

11798737_F_store.jpg

Guest IYG

He'll be very very very lucky to survive.

It's weird to see a country that makes Israel look safe. :shoot2:

Allawi is not helping his cause by insisting on wearing this T-shirt all the time:

Ready, aim, fire!!!

forget the leader of iraq Id prefer the death of the leader of the pack (gary glitter) preferably suicide so if your listoning gary come on come on come on come on

Yet another near miss for Ex-Iraqi PM Iyad Allawi

Allawi escapes assassination attempt

If Allawi continues to challenge the Islamist Shia's in Parliamentary polls,

then I wouldn't give much for his long term chances of survival.

The Iranians, who really pull the Iraqi Shia strings will have him killed.

Attempts thus far have been local efforts. If the Iranians were involved he'd be dead by now.