Sign in to follow this  
Tomb raider

Sinbad...

...is not dead, but he did deliver some words of wisdom which anyone of us should take to heart:

If somebody has nothing better to do today, then I’m happy that it gave you something to do. Because if that's all you have to do in your life, you have a sad life. If the best you could do is create a page that said somebody is dead, then your life is already dead.

Well, if I was to spread a fake rumour like that, I certainly would choose a less obscure celebrity. To be frank, I never heard of the guy until this morning. I certainly had seen his face before in one of those extremely non-funny family movies which are broadcasted by the cartloads during the Christmas holidays, but I can't say he ever caused as much as a feeble smile.

• Like 1

NO, sorry he doesn't pass my celebrity test. Never heard of him. Consulting IMDb and he appears to be an also ran in the film/TV industry and IMDb is a US based site.

Go on, leap to his defense if you can.

Razor Boy

• Facepalm 1

Sinbad - now wasn't he in Brookside? :crossbone:

• Like 1

Guest Ruggles of Red Gap
...is not dead

Then why bother with mentioning his sorry ass? This place is supposed to be about death and dead people. It is not about talentless persons who needed to go on Star Search to even get noticed and have done nothing since.

IMDb is a US based site.

Razor Boy

Nope, IMDB is a UK based site. By now they have offices and servers in the states, but it was formed in the UK. Wait, I see Amazon bought them, but they started in England.

Yes, he was a window cleaner. Now he's in Corrie, looking like a prime candidate for a heart attack.

Yes, he was a window cleaner. Now he's in Corrie, looking like a prime candidate for a heart attack.

Yeah, saw him in Corrie last night, looking enormous. Stress of recording four episodes a week will surely prove too much for his burly frame

:pop:

Yeah, saw him in Corrie last night, looking enormous. Stress of recording four episodes a week will surely prove too much for his burly frame

:crossbone:

Lovely bloke though. I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2001, (along with the fellow who plays Ben Windsor in Emmerdale - the one who has rape charges against him in real life) so I hope that bulk keeps lasting for a little while yet.

...is not dead

Then why bother with mentioning his sorry ass? This place is supposed to be about death and dead people. It is not about talentless persons who needed to go on Star Search to even get noticed and have done nothing since.

You obviously did not bother to follow the link...

Nor did you read my post properly.

And please: register if you want people to take you seriously.

That's no guarantee...

That's no guarantee...

I can vouch for that! :crossbone:

Not that I was particularly looking to be taken seriously...

IMDb is a US based site.

Razor Boy

Nope, IMDB is a UK based site. By now they have offices and servers in the states, but it was formed in the UK. Wait, I see Amazon bought them, but they started in England.

I stand corrected, well actually sit corrected with a large G&T that is more than correct in strength. Almost humble apologies.

Razor Boy

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 17:24, ajlposh said:

Sinbad is recovering from a stroke

Thought I'd just cross-post into the thread for Sinbad (whoever he is).

I guess this is dual purpose as we can use this for our cheeky Brookside character too....

• Like 1

I just read the posts above and saw people disputing how famous he is.

Honestly, I was surprised he had his own thread; I was going to put him in the comedian one.

But he's famous enough in America, that there is a rampant false memory (Mandela effect) about him starring as a genie in a movie called Shazaam. This movie doesn't exist. https://www.vox.com/2016/12/26/14062268/sinbad-genie-movie-science

He's got a big role in Christmas classic Jingle all the Way. 90s kids know who he is.

• Like 1

I saw Jingle All the Way in theatres.
Why isn't someone like Steve Harvey helping him out? Him having to fundraise like this is sad.
Steve had this to say about him: "In my early comedy days, I met Sinbad on a park bench in Birmingham, AL. He had a trash bag next to him, $65,000 cash was in the bag. I had only made $5,000 a week, he was making $65,000 a week. He taught me a lesson and I kept hustlin' and I finally got there. Know your worth."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/21/sinbad-stroke-2-years-learning-to-walk-family-update/

He's still recovering from the stroke it seems, But has been having extensive therapy on to walk again. It does sound somewhat hopeful though he's got a long road ahead of him. But the stroke was the same type Tim Curry had. Affected right side. Might need to keep an eye on Sinbad.

• Like 1

Sinbad makes a surprise appearance at A Different World's HBCU tour.

Looks like things have gone from Sinworse to Sinbad.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Looks like things have gone from Sinworse to Sinbad.

He is accomplished.