Kain

Bob Woolmer

Could have been mistaken identity as Woolmer is such a common Pakistani name.

I think the game is trying to pick the accurate news story

The arrest story is now being denied.

According to the BBC the Jamaican police commissioner "also "unequivocally dismissed" Indian television reports that arrests had been made."

This kind of thing is just not cricket.

Hope this sets a precedent & someone will strangle Steve McClaren this weekend.

According to the BBC the Jamaican police commissioner "also "unequivocally dismissed" Indian television reports that arrests had been made."

It has been suggested in certain quarters that Pakistan threw their game against the Irish and that Woolmer was going to blow the whistle.

If this is what happens to managers of teams who underperform then Steve McClaren must be shaking like a shitting dog by now.

From now on I am going to keep track of the percentage of dodgy sounding news stories that appear in antipodean media that turn out to be bullsh!t. We're currently at 100%.

Why limit it to Antipodean media when Pakistan TV broke the story? Is it because the Sydney Morning Herald link was the first one posted?

Talk about shooting the messenger...

It has been suggested in certain quarters that Pakistan threw their game against the Irish and that Woolmer was going to blow the whistle.

More likely, I suspect, that they threw their opening game against West Indies last week. At that time they would have been fairly confident that they would beat Ireland and Zimbabwe and still proceed. There were some very suspicious elements to that game - chasing over 200 they suddenly stopped scoring runs at a vital stage and ended up well short of the target. Remember that Inzamam had previous............

Inzamam-ul-Haq and assistant coach Mushtaq Ahmed are being held for extra questioning

over the death of Bob Woolmer.

I though Inzy may have been somewhat less than truthful when he claimed that he couldn't eat for 3 days after Woolmers death. He looks like he likes his food, that one, and once attacked a fan who called him a big potato.

INZAMAMUL Haq, the most ``provoked man'' in Toronto on Sunday, has been suspended for two games for ``bringing the game of cricket into disrepute.'' And it all happened because of a word called potato, if one is to believe an eyewitness. Irritated by taunting from a fan, who repeatedly called Inzamam ``a mota aaloo (a fat potato)'' on a megaphone for his roundish frame, the Pakistani batsman, known for his cool head, exploded with rage, jumped into the stand and went after the mouthy fan.

Worse, a cricket bat appeared - no one is sure from where, although witnesses said they thought they saw Inzamam call to his bench for one. Anyway it was there. He swung, missing the fan before being restrained by others in the crowd. Security people and his teammates soon followed him, brought him back to the ground, but Inzamam was still furious, angrily gesculating at the fan.

260_inzamamulhaq2.jpg

Mushtaq was also implicated in the gambling scandal a few years ago. Not sure if that is entirely consistent with the Halibut propriety so often publicly embraced by the likes of Inzy and Mushy. I think that even the conventional mortgage is considered offensive in the world of Islam.

I think that even the conventional mortgage is considered offensive in the world of Islam.

That's right. Usury is forbidden under Islamic law, so that's why several UK banks have come up with Islamic products recently to help devout Halibuts to buy houses whilst not falling foul of their mullahs. Something like the bank buys the house, and the customer buys it back in instalments and rents the rest of it in the meantime.

A swift step off-topic there, that I believe TLC would have been proud of!

Latest news reports suggest that the Pakistan team have all given up Cricket and taken up Bobsleighing.

Latest news reports suggest that the Pakistan team have all given up Cricket and taken up Bobsleighing.

They're the first cricket team to go to a World Cup and come home with the Ashes.

I'll get me coat.

They're the first cricket team to go to a World Cup and come home with the Ashes.

I'll get me coat.

:crossbone:

I'll get me coat.

:crossbone:

Ah good, that's what DL really needed. A tasteless, yet damn funny one-liner.

Well done sir, I salute you. Possibly your finest DL moment thus far. :)

Typical of the Pakistan team.............. when the pressure's on they start choking.

Now they are not entirely sure if he was murdered or not.

What an incredibly incompetent police force Jamaica has. Seems possible to get away with murder there...

Hmmm.. I wonder if Heather Mills would like to come on a holiday there with me? :o:P

Jamaican police revving up to make a statement. Obviously, it may take a while for them to understand this evidence, after all most of it is on paper and it wasn't beaten out of anyone......

What an incredibly incompetent police force Jamaica has. Seems possible to get away with murder there...

Hmmm.. I wonder if Heather Mills would like to come on a holiday there with me? :):lol:

People from certain parts of Birmingham and London might shed a light on why the Jamaican police were pointing the finger at the Pakistani team, if you know what I mean... ;)