Rude Kid

Slobodan Milosevic

On trial for war crimes, but claims to be in ill health...sounds like a ploy to me, especially as he's only 62, but you never know.

Mr Milosevic, who is conducting his own defence, is suffering from heart problems and high blood pressure.

The BBC's Jonathan Charles in The Hague says his poor health means he will require lots of rest breaks as the trial enters this crucial stage - a trial which shows no sign of nearing its end.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3865573.stm

Stop press - the trial's just been halted on health grounds...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3865573.stm

Mr Milosevic, who is charged with genocide and war crimes, berated the judges for making him come to court.

Damn those pesky judges! It's outrageous that someone accused of genocide should actually have to stand trial for it.

Doubt if he'll be ethnic cleansing in Paradise any time soon, See Pinochet and any number of SS comanders who wriggle out of prosecution by playing the 'too ill to stand trial' card

Don't forget Ernest Saunders at the Guinness trial:

Mr. Saunders is a remarkable man. He is the only person on this earth who has been cured of Alzheimer's disease--Guinness is good for you; it gets rid of Alzheimer's disease. Since then, he has been pictured skiing in Switzerland with his wife, he has been known to fly across the Atlantic on Concorde, and he gives lectures, no doubt for fat fees. He told the press that he will receive a pension of £70,000 per annum from Guinness. Despite all that, he recently received a second instalment from the legal aid fund to pay for his appeal.

DWB :pop:

Reminds me of that great sketch on Monkey Dust of Milosevic. Not sure if anyone has seen it, Monkey Dust that is. I've only ever met one other person that has!

Either way...lets hope old Slobo rots in a very nasty hell...

I saw Monkey Dust. Had potential, but too harsh.

I was wondering what Mr Milosevic's mates call him...

"Slob" perhaps?

Maybe thats why he became a genocidal maniac - allegedly :pop:

I think you are on safe legal ground with "genocidal maniac" - not sure you would find a lawyer to sue you for that.....although Carter Ruck might have a go!

Guest xxngxx

Being accused of genocide does not mean that he is guilty. If you had seen any of the tribunals proceedings you would see what I am speaking about.

Genocide is what has happened to Serbs in March last year. 40 churches and monasteries burned down in a single day with thousands of people displaced, wounded and killed. Remmember : this happened without any war.

Nazis of today are for sure the Americans and there leaders will one day burn in hell.

Thank you xxngxx a.k.a Guest for that Balanaced and well thought out opinion. I am sure that we (in the west) simply mis-interpreted Mr Milosovic's actions.

He must have set up the concentration camps as an act of kindness to non-serbs and he is really a nice old man who helps old ladies across the road and wouldn't hurt a fly......

:(

and there leaders will one day burn in hell.

Where?

not sure you would find a lawyer to sue you for that.....although Carter Ruck might have a go!

Not sure he will be able to as he is not with us any more (see Eyes passim)

Guest Chewie

;) It is back.... Monkey Dust

Regards

Chewie

Anything to divert the vitriol (is that how you spell it?)

Guest xxngxx

Well I have not other choice then to retrive back to my cave....I gues you can continue with slaging off :-))

Thanks for taking my emails off the website. They were a health hazard...:-)

...american democracy in action ...;-0

Guest xxngxx

I also like this method alowing only my first post to stay on the website, the one that I am expressing the antiamericanism :-)

....well the picture needs to be painted...:-))))

Guest Q. Steltanus

And we all know what the Soviets meant with flu. The Slob will start burning in hell imminently.

Milosevic trial interrupted again because of flu

01 Feb 2005 09:07:27 GMT

Source: Reuters

AMSTERDAM, Feb 1 (Reuters) - The war crimes trial of Slobodan Milosevic has been interrupted again after the former Yugoslav president, who has suffered from repeated health problems, came down with flu, the court said on Tuesday.

Presiding judge Patrick Robinson said he would decide on the length of the delay after Milosevic's doctor reports on his condition later in the day.

Europe's most significant war crimes trial since top Nazis were tried in Nuremberg has been delayed repeatedly due to the poor health of the 63-year-old former Serb strongman, who suffers from a heart condition and high blood pressure.

Here is the latest on the war crimes suspect:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1353108.htm

He apparently had dangerously high blood pressure which could lead to a heart attack.

We live in hope.

DWB  :D

I suspect this is more likely a form of the "Ernest Saunders" defence.

Guest IYG

He's only 63 and in such bad health, I thought he was older.

What verdict can they give him if he's found guilty?

Guilty? :(

Guest IYG

Guilty? :(

Yeah, I kind of messed up on my English, not my fault.

What sentence I think is the word?

Oh screw it, what can they do to him if he's found guilty?

Guest Guest

I suppose they can bang him up for a very long time and monitor his blood pressure etc in order to make it as long a time as possible.

Guest iain

the ex dictator of Yugoslavia is said to be gravely ill today and his trial in the Hague has been cancelled.Lets hope for the best in the days ahead,if you know what i mean...

I wouldn't hold your breath iain.

Its most probably the same complaints which Biggs and Pinochet are suffering from.