Rude Kid

Slobodan Milosevic

His wife wants to bury him in Belgrade. Only problem is that there are arrest warrants for most of the Milosevic family.

So it could be a very interesting funeral.

So just mostly our fault then.

[snip]

I'm happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong, however. I may be a bit out of my depth on this one.

ps. you're generalizing when you say "Our fault"

typical american (98%) has no idea what goes on outside the box, its the 2% that run the show. Inside and outside the box. So before you go and start feeling guilty, don't! Its not your fault

:o

Erm, possible misunderstanding here, I wasn't taking the blame or feeling particularly guilty on a personal level. And I'm not American. But thank you anyway. :)

The 'mostly our fault' referred to you graciously accepting that some of the people involved in leading the balkans to war were to blame (a bit), but mostly it was the West supplying weapons and interfering that created ethnic tensions, and then a war out of nothing in particular. So, me saying 'mostly our fault then' was meant to be an interpretation of your opinion, not mine.

Hope that clears things up, but my track record on clarification of my own posts is pretty poor... no more than a 10% success rate :o

It turns out that Slobodan took the wrong drugs.

Will this count as a suicide on DDP?

There's no evidence of suicide. It may just have been an accident. Then again, maybe not.... :o

There's no evidence of suicide. It may just have been an accident. Then again, maybe not.... :o

If he deliberately took the wrong drugs knowing that it could lead to his death, it could be construed as suicide.

I know that feeling :o

If he deliberately took the wrong drugs knowing that it could lead to his death, it could be construed as suicide.

Perhaps it was accidental. It's very easy to get mixed up these days. For a period not so long ago the doctors were effectively poisoning my Grandmother.

Perhaps it was accidental. It's very easy to get mixed up these days. For a period not so long ago the doctors were effectively poisoning my Grandmother.

Was your Grandmother's doctor called Shipman?

Was your Grandmother's doctor called Shipman?

Well, now that you mention it...

Murder. Pure and simple. He was given drugs to counter-act his heart medicines. A Serb friend told me...

He was owning their asses in that trial. For those who didn't follow the trial, as it wasn't shown anywhere on the news dispite being so huge, because he emberassed the prosecution, He defended himself, considering he had a lawyer's degree, and he made the prosecution look absolutely stupid. He was supposed to launch his defense in a couple of weeks, and was calling his own witnesses, one of which died in the cell too, only a week ago. That man (Milan Babic) also "died", and it was proclaimed as a suicide, despite the news first saying he died of "natural" causes. I F*****g hated Milosevic, and wanted him dead, but not before he was proven guilty. I find it pretty weird that he is the fifth man who died in that same jail, which was supposed to keep political prisoners, usually those kinds of jails are supposed to be on a higher lifestyle level than the regular prison. His main witness, Seselj, has also been complaining about the air in the cell, and wanted to have a doctor of his own choosing do the tests on his blood, a request that was denied.

I'm a bit pissed, cause he announced he would call up witnesses like Clinton, Rubin, Cook, Blair etc, and would cross examine them for their part in the unlawful bomibings by NATO that took place on 1999. I wanted to see this, because at that time i was in one of the cities that was bombed for 70 days straight every night.

I think this is all bullshit and hope somebody will have the balls to step up against it, because fathers of democracy are probably turning in their graves looking at it. Chances are it'll get swept under the rag instead, and forgotten in the history.

This isn't a Princess Diana conspiracy, followed only by Daily Telegraph readers (ever noticed they have a Diana story every Monday on their front page? Most curious). This is for real, ladies and gents.

Murder. Pure and simple. He was given drugs to counter-act his heart medicines. A Serb friend told me...

That's it settled then. No need for a post mortem, inquiry or inquest. Speak to the Serb punter and save a shed load of time.

p.s. The Queen's a Lesbian. A friend from London told me....

That's it settled then. No need for a post mortem, inquiry or inquest. Speak to the Serb punter and save a shed load of time.

p.s. The Queen's a Lesbian. A friend from London told me....

How very dare you!

Equal opportunities I suppose.... :o

Having seen excerpts from the trial sent over by a friend I can only concur with G. Love.

What was down as a whitewash has been very embarssingly swept under the carpet as Milosevic showed time and time again that he wasn't simply an Eastern Bloc boot boy. The man regularly showed the prosecution up to be inept and was a very skilled debater. Love or hate the man he more slippery that the Bliar...

It would have been very interesting to see some of the current war criminals called in to the trial. I don't really do conspiracy theories though... :o

I suppose whether it was natural, accidental, murder or suicide, it doesn't really matter. He died long before I, and perhaps many expected him to, but he certainly wasn't all that great of a person. Though I'm actually undecided on the circumstances surrounding his death, I think I can safely say we'll all be glad not to have another Pinochet on our hands...

I suppose whether it was natural, accidental, murder or suicide, it doesn't really matter. He died long before I, and perhaps many expected him to, but he certainly wasn't all that great of a person. Though I'm actually undecided on the circumstances surrounding his death, I think I can safely say we'll all be glad not to have another Pinochet on our hands...

sad that his time in jail was cut short. Lessens the expected severity of the punishment for the crimes he was alleged to have allegedly committed.

What was down as a whitewash has been very embarssingly swept under the carpet as Milosevic showed time and time again that he wasn't simply an Eastern Bloc boot boy. The man regularly showed the prosecution up to be inept and was a very skilled debater. Love or hate the man he more slippery that the Bliar...

It would have been very interesting to see some of the current war criminals called in to the trial. I don't really do conspiracy theories though... :lol:

The fact that he was a skilled debater does not immunize you from prosecution as a war criminal. Hitler was pretty good at the mass hypnotisation as well. I wish I could whip up the enthusiasm do get people to do things for me without much thought to right and wrong.

Basic facts are that it was a religious (Halibut/Orthodox Christian) ding dong, where both sides were as bad as each other.

If the conspiracy theorists are correct, I’m surprised old Saddam has lasted so long. Our “Land of the Free” cousins wouldn’t think twice about slipping him a little something stronger than an aspirin…..

The fact that he was a skilled debater does not immunize you from prosecution as a war criminal.

Have I made a statement to the contrary? :banghead:

I'm a bit pissed, cause he announced he would call up witnesses like Clinton, Rubin, Cook, Blair etc, and would cross examine them for their part in the unlawful bomibings by NATO that took place on 1999.

If it was Robin Cook he was planning to call, serving the witness summons might have proved a bit tricky. But I suppose he could be forgiven for being out of touch with the news.

The fact that he was a skilled debater does not immunize you from prosecution as a war criminal.

Nope, however your posting seemed to have some sort of sympathy or empathy with the thoroughly rotten gentleman.

Or maybe I read it wrong :banghead:

Nope, however your posting seemed to have some sort of sympathy or empathy with the thoroughly rotten gentleman.

Or maybe I read it wrong :banghead:

Maybe HoS meant that Slobtheman was a "master baiter".

Now where have I heard that before?

Don't tell me this is deathlist before breakfast BB.

Don't tell me this is deathlist before breakfast BB.

I won't.

Already ate my oatmeal though so it's now after breakfast.