weasel

Star Wars Deaths

Such a massive death. He was the main star in what is considered to be the most popular horror movie of all time, The Exorcist. Max von Sydow should have had a thread of his own. I cannot  understate what a massive death this is in the world of showbusiness. 

Just now, CoffinLodger said:

Such a massive death. He was the main star in what is considered to be the most popular horror movie of all time, The Exorcist. Max von Sydow should have had a thread of his own. I cannot  understate what a massive death this is in the world of showbusiness. 

I suspect the his appearances in SW & GOT seemed to suggest his was in relatively good health. A bit like Nicholas Parsons.  A miss but not a massive blunder the are lots of 90 year olds who could have gone on

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I suspect the his appearances in SW & GOT seemed to suggest his was in relatively good health. A bit like Nicholas Parsons.  A miss but not a massive blunder the are lots of 90 year olds who could have gone on

Though Nicholas Parsons was known to be in pretty poor health in the last few months of his life mind. 

He was one of the greatest actors of his generation I suppose. He will be greatly missed ! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Though Nicholas Parsons was known to be in pretty poor health in the last few months of his life mind. 

But he didn't  make the list so a 'younger' man who was not known to have health issues would not be expected to.

Jay Benedict, who played Deak, a friend of Luke Skywalker, in a deleted scene from A New Hope (and appeared in a bunch of other stuff in minor roles) has died of coronavirus aged 68.

Clive Revill turned 90 on Saturday.

Provided the original voice of the Emperor in the Empire Strikes Back.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Clive Revill turned 90 on Saturday.

Provided the original voice of the Emperor in the Empire Strikes Back.

Also played the single least convincing Columbo killer they ever had. I'd stress thats down to the writing, although his Irish accent is hilarious.

Conspirators-titles.jpg?w=717&ssl=1

• Haha 1

Ken Nightingall, a boom-mike operator who achieved a level of fame for wearing pink shorts whilst working on Star Wars (courtesy of a behind the scenes photograph shared in 2015), has died aged 92.https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ken-nightingall-dead-pink-shorts-boom-guy-star-wars-was-92-1295492

Other credits include Alfie, & Funeral in Berlin, Carry on Loving and Minder.

On 05/06/2020 at 16:02, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Al Lampert, who played Daine Jir in A New Hope.

Another Space 1999 death in days.

Daine Jir - Multiversal Omnipedia

He has one of the first lines in the whole Star Wars saga, quite a significant chap.

Jacqueline followed up her tweet to say that Lampert died of coronavirus in a care home. 

On 05/06/2020 at 16:02, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Al Lampert, who played Daine Jir in A New Hope.

Another Space 1999 death in days.

Daine Jir | Star Wars Wiki | Fandom

RIP, the imperial officers in Star Wars are underrated IMO.

The mention in the sci-fi thread of the death of John Cannon led me to a site that focuses on signings. Not only did they have a recent picture of John, they reported the death, not apparently noticed here of Penny McCarthy, who played Kardue'sai'Malloc in Star Wars A New Hope. She was 77. https://indiemacuser.co.uk/2020/09/17/original-star-wars-actress-passes-away/

• Like 2

Would've been Carrie Fisher's birthday today, RIP. Probably the most unexpected Star Wars death since she was mid trilogy and probably the death that hit hardest too.

It's being reported that Jeremy Bulloch has passed away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 12/10/2020 at 17:05, Octopus of Odstock said:

Jeremy Bulloch, of Boba Fett Star Wars fame, is no longer signing anything. At the last signing he did, at his home, he looks much older now. It's hard to judge by photos but it seemed more if a strain than just a few years back

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1613384572135349&id=317979738342512&set=a.639512109522605&source=48 There are more photos, none that flattering, further down the FB page. 

Another case of great form spotting from OoO

• Like 2

Depressing that 12/13 deaths today on the wiki page are under 80 (I know one will be added shortly...).

• Like 1

Looks like Hal The Archer will get an outing on the Doctor Who Advent Calendar....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Toast said:

As a Doctor Who fan I know  him best as Hal in the Jon Pertwee story Time Warrior. He also played Tor in the Hartnell story Space Museum. A rare occasion when Star Wars and Dr Who fans can unite in paying tribute to a fine actor. :clap:Here's a BBC obit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55358301

• Like 1

Bloody gutted by this news. Wonder if TCM will revise their tribute to include him? They did this for Zsa Zsa and Carrie Fisher.

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bloody gutted by this news. Wonder if TCM will revise their tribute to include him? They did this for Zsa Zsa and Carrie Fisher.

Is he big enough for that - he is more of a second tier star - known by many but not at the household name/breaking news alerts level.

22 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

As a Doctor Who fan I know  him best as Hal in the Jon Pertwee story Time Warrior. He also played Tor in the Hartnell story Space Museum. A rare occasion when Star Wars and Dr Who fans can unite in paying tribute to a fine actor. :clap:Here's a BBC obit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55358301

He'll always be Edward of Wickham to me.