Death Star

Kirk Douglas

It is 9 December, 01:30 AM in New York, where Kirk Douglas was born. So, he has turned 100 years old now. Happy birthday. :birthday2::party:

Wonder what his present will be this year?

Cocaine hookers and whisky.

• Like 2

Cocaine hookers and whisky.

In a very British way - "wine, whiskey and wild wild women" - Henry Allingham swore that was the secret that took him past 110

• Like 1

My grandmother died at 100 years and 3 days .... just sayin'

I have heard that can be fairly common.I remember an old girl at my Grandad's home kept saying at 99 when she was very frail and ill that she just wanted to make 100.She fell gravely ill three days before which made us all worry.Then she perked up in time for her telegram and was recently told she is still going and is set to celebrate her 102nd this month.

My grandmother died at 100 years and 3 days .... just sayin'

I have heard that can be fairly common.I remember an old girl at my Grandad's home kept saying at 99 when she was very frail and ill that she just wanted to make 100.She fell gravely ill three days before which made us all worry.Then she perked up in time for her telegram and was recently told she is still going and is set to celebrate her 102nd this month.

Having had her fortune told by a gypsy when she was 21, my grandmother was determined from then on that she would reach a three-figure age. And she did, celebrating her 100th birthday in June and dying in November of the same year. Nothing left to aim for. She had been a widow for over 40 years. Quite often it seems that aged couples keep on going until one of them gives up, then the other follows toot sweet.

• Like 1

I don't know anyone who got to 100. Most people in my area die of cancer or in sleep between ages 50 and 76. Few see the 90's. If my great grandma lives till October 2017 she will be the first in my family to reach 90 (her husband died in 1983 so the theory of partner death doesn't hold it, she lived through her daughter's cancer and death, her husband's cancer and death, her 3 sisters died before reaching 80 and both son in laws cancerous deaths, the last one was in 2016). Only 3 of my family members got to see 80's, the rest died at 76, 52, 56, 58, 73 and so on....and notable mention, my grandma is 81 and won't see the next year (dying in hospital) :D I love my genes, if I become famous you can make me a thread, I won't live past 55 ;)

• Like 1

I honestly expect to live in my 90's at least. From my memory, I had a great grandfather die at 91 or 92 (can't remember the age), as well as a great grandmother dying at 99 and a great aunt making it all the way to 100 years of age (I think she lasted five or six months passed her 100th).

I honestly expect to live in my 90's at least. From my memory, I had a great grandfather die at 91 or 92 (can't remember the age), as well as a great grandmother dying at 99 and a great aunt making it all the way to 100 years of age (I think she lasted five or six months passed her 100th).

Ah, so we have other 75 years of joeyruss....

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/b/b5/Exploding-head.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140310004650

I don't know anyone who got to 100. Most people in my area die of cancer or in sleep between ages 50 and 76. Few see the 90's. If my great grandma lives till October 2017 she will be the first in my family to reach 90 (her husband died in 1983 so the theory of partner death doesn't hold it, she lived through her daughter's cancer and death, her husband's cancer and death, her 3 sisters died before reaching 80 and both son in laws cancerous deaths, the last one was in 2016). Only 3 of my family members got to see 80's, the rest died at 76, 52, 56, 58, 73 and so on....and notable mention, my grandma is 81 and won't see the next year (dying in hospital) :D I love my genes, if I become famous you can make me a thread, I won't live past 55 ;)

That's not what I said though. It's when both live to an advanced age that you often see the survivor dying very soon after the spouse's death.

My family don't have much history of making old bones. There just seems to be a streak of longevity in the female line in my Dad's side, not shared by the men.

As for my mother's side, nobody gets past 70.

That's not what I said though. It's when both live to an advanced age that you often see the survivor dying very soon after the spouse's death.

My family don't have much history of making old bones. There just seems to be a streak of longevity in the female line in my Dad's side, not shared by the men.

I was surprised by how long my grandma lasted after her husband died for the reason you mentioned re old spouses. All the moreso since she stopped giving a f**k after she became widowed ie stopped taking her medication and didn't eat very healthily (though that was only for a few months, she became more health conscious after having a mild stroke) and she ended up living about 5 more years.

Both lived to their mid-80s, so I hope I inherit their longevity rather than my mother's parents who died a few decades younger. I recall my grandpa telling me he had an ancestor who lived to 100, and his mother died in her 90s, but both were well before my time.

• Like 1

I was surprised by how long my grandma lasted after her husband died for the reason you mentioned re old spouses. All the moreso since she stopped giving a f**k after she became widowed ie stopped taking her medication and didn't eat very healthily (though that was only for a few months, she became more health conscious after having a mild stroke) and she ended up living about 5 more years.

Both lived to their mid-80s, so I hope I inherit their longevity rather than my mother's parents who died a few decades younger. I recall my grandpa telling me he had an ancestor who lived to 100, and his mother died in her 90s, but both were well before my time.

Let's make it clear. She didn't like him :) she lived so long because she was free :P big part of her family died and she saw it all, her daughter didn't die of cancer but of a heart attack while she was washing the dishes (I forgot to mention that). She just crashed on the floor like a rock and died there, in front of my great grandma in 2005. She said that it happened in a second, she just turned off.

Even with good genetics and living healthy some punk kids on their Hoverboards could kill you when your walking down the street minding your own business when your 50.

It's "Past" not "Passed". See this mistake everywhere now and its so fucking annoying. Rant over.

• Like 1

It's "Past" not "Passed". See this mistake everywhere now and its so effing annoying. Rant over.

9194051.jpg

c86692b62bfe586c2a8d43c211703ae4.jpg

• Like 7

I have no idea what my chances of living old though.My Grandparents lived to 85 92 91 and 56.I had two great Nans who lived to 88 and 89 and a few great aunts and uncles made 90.Very strong rate of heart disease on my paternal grandfathers side and strong prevelance of Alzheimers from both Grandmothers lines.Also high blood pressure from both sides of the family.

I have no idea what my chances of living old though.My Grandparents lived to 85 92 91 and 56.I had two great Nans who lived to 88 and 89 and a few great aunts and uncles made 90.Very strong rate of heart disease on my paternal grandfathers side and strong prevelance of Alzheimers from both Grandmothers lines.Also high blood pressure from both sides of the family.

I have no idea either - I don't know how old my grandparents were when they died, too young to know.

I think his wife might go before he does from the looks of her.

Ooh that's such an open goal, given certain allegations...