Death Star

Kirk Douglas

Anne'll go first. Kirk's going to outlive Michael.

*cue link to obituary

8 hours ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

Nice to see...but I do not see either of them living to see 2020 at all

I think his wife may go before him going by that picture 

• Like 1

Is he dead yet?

• Haha 5

On 16/09/2018 at 17:13, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She looks frailer than him now definitely.I reckon they will go in quick succession.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2018 at 12:13, Gooseberry Crumble said:

i agree actually

• Like 1

And also happy 49th birthday to his daughter-in-law, Catherine Zeta-Jones!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Happy 74th bday to his son, Michael!

Whoops.

• Like 1

In respect for the me too movement, and the surviving  families members of Jean Spangler and Natalie Wood, this man should be removed from next year's list .

1 minute ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

In respect for the me too movement, and the  families of Jean Spangler and Natalie Wood, this man should be removed from next year's list .

Fuckwit

Lucky you weren't around last year when Ian Brady was on the list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

In respect for the me too movement, and the surviving  families members of Jean Spangler and Natalie Wood, this man should be removed from next year's list .

Yes I can see the posters now....

”MeToo, proudly supported by Deathlist.net”

• Haha 2

Death comes to everyone #metoo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JoeMoneypenny said:

The problem with the MeToo movement is it commands respect yet it shows little respect for others, particularly if you're a male and you're accused of something. It assumes guilty until otherwise proven innocent, and that in my eyes is just not acceptable in a 21st century democracy where everyone is supposed to be considered equal before the eyes of the law - it's an injustice to have your name smeared and your reputation destroyed.

If a single shred of evidence existed other than just the usual he said, she said gossip then somebody would have pursued a conviction against Douglas and got it to court before now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The problem with the MeToo movement is it commands respect yet it shows little respect for others, particularly if you're a male and you're accused of something. It assumes guilty until otherwise proven innocent, and that in my eyes is just not acceptable in a 21st century democracy where everyone is supposed to be considered equal before the eyes of the law - it's an injustice to have your name smeared and your reputation destroyed.

If a single shred of evidence existed other than just the usual he said, she said gossip then somebody would have pursued a conviction against Douglas and got it to court before now.

Was actually thinking along those lines as I spent time this weekend reading Lemmy's autobiography. 

So far as you can tell all his (copious) sexual partners were willing but he fathered kids he seldom saw afterwards and there are plenty discussions about "chicks" and the fact he likes "to get laid right after the gig." Book published 2003, I've found myself wondering how many of the females alluded to in these comments might have had a rethink afterwards and how Lemmy would look if any #metoo case levelled an accusation at him. 

15 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Who is the oldest person on the DL ever to die?

Don’t know for sure but I think it might be Brook Astor I think she was 105 or Oscar Niemeyer who was 104.

24 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Who is the oldest person on the DL ever to die?

Good question but probably a better question to ask on the Herman Wouk thread.

6 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Don’t know for sure but I think it might be Brook Astor I think she was 105 or Oscar Niemeyer who was 104.

This is correct - she was 105 years and 136 days old when she died in 2007.

Oscar Niemeyer is listed as 105 when he died according to the Death List front page obit but he was actually 10 days short of his 105th birthday.

Luise Rainer was 13 days short of her 105th birthday when she died.

Rose Kennedy would be the next oldest at 104 plus about 182 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Then DL has a perfect opportunity to put Roberta McCain on the list 2019 and defeat that record.  And they just may.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Then DL has a perfect opportunity to put Roberta McCain on the list 2019 and defeat that record.  And they just may.

If McCain was elected president in 2008, then they might consider his mother, but he wasn’t elected then, so she won’t make an appearance on the list before she dies...

21 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If McCain was elected president in 2008, then they might consider his mother, but he wasn’t elected then, so she won’t make an appearance on the list before she dies...

I dunno. I think she's famous enough to be considered. She has her own Wikipedia page and everything.

1 minute ago, markb4 said:

I dunno. I think she's famous enough to be considered. She has her own Wikipedia page and everything.

She’s not really the type the committee typically go for, whether you think she’s famous enough or not...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

1_bild.jpg

Real question, is lip kissing in non-romantic family members common at all? I barely let family kiss my cheek.