Death Star

Kirk Douglas

I am more than a little surprised to find that he's still alive! So many times it seemed he would depart. Even his son appeared ready to depart and then rallied round the flagpole until he regained his strength.

98? Wowsa! Gotta admire him for his stamina and ability to keep alive through all these years, may he have a few more!

I hope so too!98 is still a great age though and although I can see him making 100, it is difficult to predict the lifespan of the seriously old as any accident or infection can escalate quickly at that age (unless you are Zsa Zsa).Who reckons Zsa Zsa will outlive Kirk?

- A video by associated press taken around his birthday!

There's something very wrong about a 98 year old man...... with a pony tail

• Like 1

There's something very wrong about a 98 year old man...... with a pony tail

I'm surprised that at 98 he still has enough hair to grow a pony tail

• Like 1

I hope so too!98 is still a great age though and although I can see him making 100, it is difficult to predict the lifespan of the seriously old as any accident or infection can escalate quickly at that age (unless you are Zsa Zsa).Who reckons Zsa Zsa will outlive Kirk?

Yea I have a feeling she will , btw for 98 he is still quite active looking. Just looking at him i would say he was in his 70s though his voice gives him away to be very old aged.

I think Zsa Zsa may go before Kirk, but both are good picks this year. Highly fancied if you look at the tonnage of dead pool selections for both.

With Kirk and Zsa Zsa, it is not a case of whether to pick them or not, it is more a case of dare you leave them off your list!

Guest Guest

Kirk Douglas will definately outlove Zsa Zsa Gabor

Guest Relevant Comment

With Anhalt and Francesca around Zsa Zsa, you're probably right that he's getting more love.

Guest Guest

With Anhalt and Francesca around Zsa Zsa, you're probably right that he's getting more love.

that was a typo.should have said outlive

http://www.etonline...._legendary_dad/ - from November. This is not someone who looks to be shuffling off anytime soon.

Are you kidding? I'm sorry but all the guy does is shuffle at his age.......

There's something very wrong about a 98 year old man...... with a pony tail��

It does make you wonder if he suddenly has lots of opinions about comic books and Star Wars movies these days.

tumblr_llkbbeBa9R1qaci5n.jpg

Guest Guest

that was a typo.should have said outlive

Of course I know it's a typo. What I was doing is called snark. In any case, I do think it's weird that Francesca died so soon.

Last week, he decided that the book he published at his 98th birthday won't be the last:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kirk-douglas/a-letter-and-a-challenge-to-huffpost-readers_b_6995634.html

The new book is meant to be created through an exchange with his readers. He wants them to write real letters, not emails, to him.

DDP teams require a qualifying obit, so here's one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3149661/Michael-Douglas-mother-Diana-dies-92-battle-cancer.html

She is listed under her maiden name of Diana Dill.

DDP teams require a qualifying obit, so here's one: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3149661/Michael-Douglas-mother-Diana-dies-92-battle-cancer.html

She is listed under her maiden name of Diana Dill.

I can see why she went with Douglas then

SC

I wonder if one of the things keeping him alive was being able to dance on his ex wifes grave. Bookmakers just lowered his odds to reach 100.

I wonder if one of the things keeping him alive was being able to dance on his ex wifes grave. Bookmakers just lowered his odds to reach 100.

are there actually odds for that sort of thing?

I think he will make it personally.

Most of the obituaries mentioned that they parted on amicable terms, played in a family film together etc. I don't think he is happy that she died although I might be wrong. But at the age of 98 and a half, he has good chances to reach 100.

They got on even after the split and even acted together in It Runs in the family so I don`t think he will be pleased she has gone.

• Like 1