Jump to content
Death Star

1. Kirk Douglas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sean said:

When did the Kirk Douglas thread become the designated shitposting thread?

It's what he would want.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

When did the Kirk Douglas thread become the designated shitposting thread?

Ah, when you think it's a fartpost but it's actually a shitpost...they are the worst...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Farticus said:

Did you read his first comment to me? How can anyone here find fart jokes to be in poor taste? That was my point...

But how is disliking fart jokes linked in with spectating on celebrity deaths? Doesn't that just make you normal?

Also are you seriously asking why people just happen to have different tastes in humour? Sorry to burst your bubble but lame fart jokes, that have been around since nobody cares to remember, doesn't really appeal to people over the age of 5 anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Toast said:

The dead can still fart.  Something to bear in mind.

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

But how is disliking fart jokes linked in with spectating on celebrity deaths? Doesn't that just make you normal?

Also are you seriously asking why people just happen to have different tastes in humour? Sorry to burst your bubble but lame fart jokes, that have been around since nobody cares to remember, doesn't really appeal to people over the age of 5 anymore. 

Ffs... he said it was in poor taste, not lame, poor taste. I could say salavating over who might die this year might be considered poor taste. I.e., he is a hypocrite.  Read the posts in full before commenting smart arse...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Farticus said:

Ffs... he said it was in poor taste, not lame, poor taste. I could say salavating over who might die this year might be considered poor taste. I.e., he is a hypocrite.  Read the posts in full before commenting smart arse...

Poor taste also means lack of taste...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk's grandson Cameron has become a Dad making Kirk a first time great grandfather.

 

Other great grandparents on this year's list include:

Billy Graham (who is also a great great grandfather)

Peter Carrington

Prince Philip

George H W Bush

Barbara Bush

Jimmy Carter

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it on stage at the Golden Globes, albeit in a wheelchair.DS_EpItWkAE2PAE.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.9f3d5e13248d2606f4f2e7ac43e7a78d.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitter is going crazy about Kirk Douglas being at the awards and receiving a standing ovation. He's currently trending at #3 behind The Awards themselves and Oprah Winfrey.

Tweets read as such...

1. @goldenglobes why is kirk douglas, the man who raped natalie wood, presenting an award on a night where sexual harassment and assault is in the spotlight

2. Kirk Douglas is a well known sexist, who brags about groping women in his memoir. He brags about sexual assault and he raped 14 year old Natalie Wood.

3. Are we REALLY honoring known rapist Kirk Douglas at the Golden Globes tonight??????? What the fuck is happening

4. So Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood when she was young and people who claimed to support sexual assault and wore black tonight in support just gave a standin ovation to a rapist. What a fucking joke

and my personal favorite....

5. Kirk Douglas may be a legendary actor and all of that you just don’t get to wear black and mock Harvey Weinstein when you BRING OUT THR ACTUAL LIVING 100 YEAR OLD EXAMPLE THAY NOBODU CARES ABOUT SEXUAL ASSAULT IN HOLLYWOOD.

Maybe this retaliation could break poor Kirk's heart. But the Golden Globes should know better than to invite Kirk when the #MeToo movement is actively watching in support of the actresses blacking out the awards. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/golden-globes-honors-hollywood-legend-kirk-douglas-101-article-1.3743483

 

One of the articles on Kirk Douglas appearance at the golden globes. 

I do feel some of those people on twitter are disgraceful throwing around rumours and allegations as fact in relation to Natalie Wood. Hopefully it's just a small handful. 

I don't believe her sister Lana Wood could of kept quiet all this time especially in recent months if the allegations were true and I don't attach credibility to her waiting for him to die before saying anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the proof Kirk raped Natalie Wood?Not saying he did or didn't as I don't have a clue.Point is neither do all the twitter mob.The concept of innocent until proven guilty exists for a very good reason.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I hope I will never reach this age.

 

DS_GV2OX0AASghs.jpg

 

Trust me, you won't be that lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly not with a premature burial.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sean said:

Where is the proof Kirk raped Natalie Wood?Not saying he did or didn't as I don't have a clue.Point is neither do all the twitter mob.The concept of innocent until proven guilty exists for a very good reason.

hey Sean, don't you know that any allegation is a fact? and don't you know that everyone nowadays is guilty until proven otherwise?

Seriously, as I scroll down Twitter feed, Natalie Wood becomes younger and younger at the time of the "incident":

 

"Are we really honoring Kirk Douglas who raped Natalie Wood when she was 16?"

"Is Hollywood really forgetting the fact that Kirk Doulgas raped 15 year-old Natalie Wood, like omigash really?"

"OH HELL NAW WE'RE NOT HONORING NO KIRK DOUGLAS WHO RAPED POOR NATALIE WOOD, WHO WAS 13 YEAR OLD!!!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Twitter is going crazy about Kirk Douglas being at the awards and receiving a standing ovation. He's currently trending at #3 behind The Awards themselves and Oprah Winfrey.

Tweets read as such...

1. @goldenglobes why is kirk douglas, the man who raped natalie wood, presenting an award on a night where sexual harassment and assault is in the spotlight

2. Kirk Douglas is a well known sexist, who brags about groping women in his memoir. He brags about sexual assault and he raped 14 year old Natalie Wood.

3. Are we REALLY honoring known rapist Kirk Douglas at the Golden Globes tonight??????? What the fuck is happening

4. So Kirk Douglas raped Natalie Wood when she was young and people who claimed to support sexual assault and wore black tonight in support just gave a standin ovation to a rapist. What a fucking joke

and my personal favorite....

5. Kirk Douglas may be a legendary actor and all of that you just don’t get to wear black and mock Harvey Weinstein when you BRING OUT THR ACTUAL LIVING 100 YEAR OLD EXAMPLE THAY NOBODU CARES ABOUT SEXUAL ASSAULT IN HOLLYWOOD.

Maybe this retaliation could break poor Kirk's heart. But the Golden Globes should know better than to invite Kirk when the #MeToo movement is actively watching in support of the actresses blacking out the awards. 

 

Did they present any evidence of him doing this or is this an accusation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of Natalie Wood, is her husband/murderer Robert Wagner suffering any health issues at the moment?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps near the end of the year though? and at one hundred and two, life's finally through!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use