Death Star

Kirk Douglas

3 hours ago, chicago103 said:

103 years old has to be a record for a male celebrity, certainly for someone of this stature.  Oh and 103 is a good number, as you can tell I like it.

It's still quite rare for men to live to be 100 plus. I gather there's about five times as many female centurions than male. How many really famous men have lived to be over a hundred? Bob Hope, George Burns, Norman Lloyd and Kirk Douglas and that's about it. Very few famous British men who have made it over 100, Sir Nicholas Winton is about the only one I can think of and a couple of fairly obscure MPs (Ron Atkins, Bert Hazell etc). Kirk did very well to get to 103. RIP

1 minute ago, Deathrace said:

It's still quite rare for men to live to be 100 plus. I gather there's about five times as many female centurions than male. How many really famous men have lived to be over a hundred? Bob Hope, George Burns, Norman Lloyd and Kirk Douglas and that's about it. Very few famous British men who have made it over 100, Sir Nicholas Winton is about the only one I can think of and a couple of fairly obscure MPs (Ron Atkins, Bert Hazell etc). Kirk did very well to get to 103. RIP

Irving Berlin, the famous American composer, made it to 101.  

• Like 2

I'd say Oscar Niemeyer is probably another in the genuinely famous men who lived to be over 100 (rather than men who are famous mostly for living long) but it's a short list. I wonder if there will be more in 30 years time? 

30 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I'd say Oscar Niemeyer is probably another in the genuinely famous men who lived to be over 100 (rather than men who are famous mostly for living long) but it's a short list. I wonder if there will be more in 30 years time? 

there will be one more brit in 1.5 years time if he makes it

2 hours ago, Mike said:

We got some attention on reddit because of this hit. 

Interesting to see some normal reactions to our deathlisting, we normalise it so much here! 

Would hate to think I'm in anyway normal. However, I could write more than an essay lengthed argument on the defence of deathlisting. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

We got some attention on reddit because of this hit. 

"Someone is getting rich though"

Aye, Grim Reaper's rolling in that ad-free website money.

17 minutes ago, John Key said:

Interesting to see some normal reactions to our deathlisting, we normalise it so much here! 

Would hate to think I'm in anyway normal. However, I could write more than an essay lengthed argument on the defence of deathlisting. 

Yeah comments are generally positive - could have a few new members :) - the 'casual racist' comment is a winner.

18 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

"Someone is getting rich though"

Aye, Grim Reaper's rolling in that ad-free website money.

How does this site make money / stay afloat, if that's not a frowned upon topic? 

I wonder how many people have died on the list since Kirk has dominated Number 1/Number 2 spot - or since he's been on the list altogether.

10 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I wonder how many people have died on the list since Kirk has dominated Number 1/Number 2 spot - or since he's been on the list altogether.

Some sad fuck (msc? :D) will be along shortly with your answer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Some sad fuck told me 404.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

there will be one more brit in 1.5 years time if he makes it

1. He probably won't make it.

2. He's Greek. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Some sad fuck (msc? :D) will be along shortly with your answer.

Fairly easy though - Kirk is 308th DL hit in history so its just a matter of axing the pre-97 deaths and Kirk himself...

Also this is the fastest DL start since 2013.

• Like 3

Was sure Anne Buydens was gonna die  before him.

Probably she will die soon also now.

Just now, Putin said:

Was sure Anne Buydens was gonna die  before him.

Probably she will die soon also now.

Probably doesn't even reckon.

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

2. He's Greek. 

Only by birth, he doesn't have a drop of Greek blood.  His bloodlines are mainly Danish, Russian and German.  He is a naturalised British citizen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Fairly easy though - Kirk is 308th DL hit in history so its just a matter of axing the pre-97 deaths and Kirk himself...

Also this is the fastest DL start since 2013.

The grim reaper is only using  the best enemas this year that's why!No cheapo Superdrug stuff!

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The grim reaper is only using  the best enemas this year that's why!No cheapo Superdrug stuff!

Yes, The Grim crumble has got rid of Kirk Douglas, Terry Jones, Nicholas Parsons, Derek Fowlds, Mary higgins Clark, Daniel Arap Moi, Chris Tolkien, Mad Mike Hoare, John Andretti, Jim Lehrer, Robbie Rensenbrink, Chris Doleman, Kobe Bryant, Roger Scruton, Rocky Johnson, Qaboos, Elizabeth Wurtzel, David Stern, Derek Acorah, Neil Peart, Seumas Mallon and many others inside 5 weeks.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Don't knock Superdrug if you are looking at killing off old 'uns. They have some lovely succinylcholine substitutes on those shelves if you look carefully enough. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, msc said:

Yes, The Grim crumble has got rid of Kirk Douglas, Terry Jones, Nicholas Parsons, Derek Fowlds, Mary higgins Clark, Daniel Arap Moi, Chris Tolkien, Mad Mike Hoare, John Andretti, Jim Lehrer, Robbie Rensenbrink, Chris Doleman, Kobe Bryant, Roger Scruton, Rocky Johnson, Qaboos, Elizabeth Wurtzel, David Stern, Derek Acorah, Neil Peart, Seumas Mallon and many others inside 5 weeks.

Trust me you ain't seen nothing yet!!

47 minutes ago, msc said:

And he's managing to do all that whilst also carrying out some Chinese population control - he's a busy lad. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

And he's managing to do all that whilst also carrying out some Chinese population control - he's a busy lad. 

Also his dabbling in Iraq/Iran area earlier in January.

Gooseberry Reaper's an insatiable monster. :o:lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, msc said:

Also his dabbling in Iraq/Iran area earlier in January.

Gooseberry Reaper's an insatiable monster. :o:lol:

Can we include the deaths of political careers in this broad understanding of death ?Because if we are going then credit were it is due I should be praised for the deaths of the political careers of Jo Swinson, Derek Mackay ,Caroline Flint and after the reshuffle next week Andrea Leadsom and Esther McVey!:D

2 hours ago, msc said:

Imagine if someone had actually chosen those 20 people  on their list, the DDP competition would be wrapped up in early Feb. And we would probably burn the person in question on suspicion of being a witch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, msc said:

The fact that Christopher Beeny is included in "many others" is shame indeed. Shame! Shame!