Death Star

Kirk Douglas

I would think Olivia will outlive Zsa Zsa but some creaking doors take a hell of a long time to finally shut.

• Like 1

Was wondering this earlier when I tried to make a list of survivors from the Golden Age of Hollywood.I reckon Kirk will go first.

Of course Kirk will go first; women always live longer than men.

etsWKfK.gif

Can he outlive Olivia de Havilland?

Was wondering this earlier when I tried to make a list of survivors from the Golden Age of Hollywood.I reckon Kirk will go first.

Of course Kirk will go first; women always live longer than men.

Tell that to Kirk`s first wife :P

• Like 3

Kirk Douglas' sister apparently died recently, and he has not attended her funeral:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Funeral-for-Kirk-Douglas-sister-in-Albany-6524938.php

I do believe that it's Kirk's turn to go in 2016, on the other hand, Michael Douglas didn't appear there either.

There are a number of us that just plain don't believe in funerals. Seems like a huge amount of dollars to be shelled out for a quick service where somebody or a few folks dressed in their most somber attire, yammer on about how they respected, loved, nay...adored, the now deceased person in the casket. Meanwhile they hadn't had 3 good words to say on them in the last 40 years.

Seems much more proper and honest to hit the memorial service a few weeks or months down the pike. There we find those who truly cared and will relate tales of the departed, both funny and sad and will even tell of feuds they may have had with the person who kicked off.

If it's a good memorial service there'll be some vittles and liquid refreshments. And possibly even the corpse now in ash formation following a toasty cremation.

Regarding Kirk, it surprises me each time I read or hear that he's still alive. It would be nice to have him hang on another five to ten years.

• Like 1

There are a number of us that just plain don't believe in funerals. Seems like a huge amount of dollars to be shelled out for a quick service where somebody or a few folks dressed in their most somber attire, yammer on about how they respected, loved, nay...adored, the now deceased person in the casket. Meanwhile they hadn't had 3 good words to say on them in the last 40 years.

Seems much more proper and honest to hit the memorial service a few weeks or months down the pike. There we find those who truly cared and will relate tales of the departed, both funny and sad and will even tell of feuds they may have had with the person who kicked off.

If it's a good memorial service there'll be some vittles and liquid refreshments. And possibly even the corpse now in ash formation following a toasty cremation.

Regarding Kirk, it surprises me each time I read or hear that he's still alive. It would be nice to have him hang on another five to ten years.

Can't see him lasting another half decade, his public appearances have become rarer and rarer, missing his sisters funeral makes you wonder just how he's holding up

Can't see him lasting another half decade, his public appearances have become rarer and rarer, missing his sisters funeral makes you wonder just how he's holding up

Well, they lived on opposite sides of the American coast and the funeral date was too close to the death date (Sunday-Tuesday = 2 days). So the answer for his absence could be as simple as not having enough time to schedule a relatively long trip for a 98-year old. Did Kirk attend Lauren Bacall's funeral last year?

Plus, maybe he's slightly aviophobic because the 1991 helicopter crash?

My aunt was "too ill" to go to my mum's funeral.

She was nine years older than my mum and went on to live a further seven years. I think some older people don't go to funerals because they give them the willies.

My old boss hates funerals and has only ever attended his parents funerals.Even when his business partner of 20 years died he didn`t go.Kirk is nearly 99 and might just not have been up for the journey just simply on those grounds as opposed to anything being horribly wrong.

My old boss hates funerals and has only ever attended his parents funerals.Even when his business partner of 20 years died he didn`t go.Kirk is nearly 99 and might just not have been up for the journey just simply on those grounds as opposed to anything being horribly wrong.

Well yeah, and he doesn't need to be terminal to be unfit for a (semi-)long plane journey. We know for sure that his mobility is restricted, he's been seen in public using a wheelchair.

Plus there are some things that we'd rather avoid talking about, like incontinence. According to Wikipedia, up to 35% of the population over the age of 60 years is estimated to be incontinent and more than 50% of nursing facility admissions are related to incontinence.

These conditions are not terminal and they're usually not serious impediments to a commercial flight either, but they might make things more complicated and less comfortable. And then there are the emotional factors, e.g. some people are so overcome with grief that they just can't attend the funeral, the fact that he'd be followed by paparazzi, making it impossible for him and his family to take part in a solemn, private funeral etc.

My Nan refused to come to my Mum's funeral because it took place only about 4 months after my Grandpa's. With hindsight I can understand her point of view but I think it upset my Dad.

My Nan refused to come to my Mum's funeral because it took place only about 4 months after my Grandpa's. With hindsight I can understand her point of view but I think it upset my Dad.

That's a factor I could imagine as well, since Diana Douglas died not too long ago. So for Kirk, the hits keep on coming.

Guest Magpie

Long live kirk

99 Today!!!!:):champagne::birthday::party::old: one of the all time Death List greats now surely. 13 appearances:I salute you Sir. :bow:

• Like 2

Ooft, thought he would've aged better though.

12359868_1100789599954381_74181568303011

Guest Anthony Mack

Once 2016 arrives, Kirk Douglas will hopefully die anytime before reaching 100

Ooft, thought he would've aged better though.

12359868_1100789599954381_74181568303011

You thought he'd age better? He's 99 and vertical. I think that's aging well.

• Like 4

Ooft, thought he would've aged better though.12359868_1100789599954381_74181568303011

You thought he'd age better? He's 99 and vertical. I think that's aging well.

Was going to say the same, with a bit more anger and something like 'that's the dumbest thing I'll read this week', but I'm nice and don't post things like that.

SC

Well yeah, and he doesn't need to be terminal to be unfit for a (semi-)long plane journey. We know for sure that his mobility is restricted, he's been seen in public using a wheelchair.

Plus there are some things that we'd rather avoid talking about, like incontinence. According to Wikipedia, up to 35% of the population over the age of 60 years is estimated to be incontinent and more than 50% of nursing facility admissions are related to incontinence.

These conditions are not terminal and they're usually not serious impediments to a commercial flight either, but they might make things more complicated and less comfortable. And then there are the emotional factors, e.g. some people are so overcome with grief that they just can't attend the funeral, the fact that he'd be followed by paparazzi, making it impossible for him and his family to take part in a solemn, private funeral etc.

100% of the females aged 42 in my house are incontinent.

• Like 2

Ooft, thought he would've aged better though.12359868_1100789599954381_74181568303011

No, I'm Sparticus.

• Like 1

Kirk Douglas is on stilts at 99 and he's still living large.

You mean living dead?

He looks like Imhotep without the toilet roll for fucks sake.

I wonder what Lana Wood thinks of Kirk's longevity.