Death Star

Kirk Douglas

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

RIP to an undeniable Deathlist icon. 

He was, only the good die young and if reports are true certainly true with Kirk, 103 is a brilliant age he was the kind of guy who you thought would live forever.

1 minute ago, Greenwald said:

Weinstein will be on the ropes any day now. 

If he is not faking it.

Amazing actor. Thought he’d go on forever. RIP Kirk.

5 minutes ago, The Red Death said:

Will this be as big as Stan Lee?

Kirk Douglas is far, far more famous than Stan Lee. 

One of the last of Hollywood's Golden Era, plus father of Michael Douglas versus someone involved in the relatively fringe interest of Comic Books. Not even a contest.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

If he is not faking it.

He probably is, Cosby pulled the same shit. 

Call it wishful thinking though.

Just now, Greenwald said:

He probably is, Cosby pulled the same shit. 

Call it wishful thinking though.

It looked too fake.

Saw BBC breaking on my phone just as I got home and audibly holy shitted. Admittedly not a shocker but still, what an end of an era. RIP.

• Like 1

Just now, Death Impends said:

Saw BBC breaking on my phone just as I got home and audibly holy shitted. Admittedly not a shocker but still, what an end of an era. RIP.

Genuinely thought Allen was doing one of those "similar name" troll jokes that happen on here so often...

I was wondering earlier what would happen if there was a big celebrity death today - if it would distract at all from the impeachment trial or get buried by the coverage. 

1 minute ago, Man About The Forum said:

Kirk Douglas is far, far more famous than Stan Lee. 

One of the last of Hollywood's Golden Era, plus father of Michael Douglas versus someone involved in the relatively fringe interest of Comic Books. Not even a contest.

I disagree, Stan Lee kept himself in the spotlight through cameos in Marvel movies and shows like the Big Bang Theory. He was a known name in pop culture by almost all of millennials and Gen Z, you can't say the same for Douglas. 

He was massive in his day but knowledge of his work among younger audiences is lacking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LB93 said:

I was wondering earlier what would happen if there was a big celebrity death today - if it would distract at all from the impeachment trial or get buried by the coverage. 

Bit of both.

RIP Kirk!!!!! You were a massive icon to almost everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LB93 said:

The Iowa debacle affected the impeachment headlines far more than this did. 

This wasn't announced until 20 minutes ago and the impeachment news cycle seemed to be cooling off already.

He was mainly famous to me just for living to 103 through sheer willpower and the magic Catherine Zita-Jones possesses.

Rest in piece to one of the all time greats Kirk Douglas a true Hollywood icon. 

1 minute ago, Greenwald said:

The Iowa debacle affected the impeachment headlines far more than this did. 

This wasn't announced until 20 minutes ago and the impeachment news cycle seemed to be cooling off already.

The British news apps all done their push notifications but the American ones haven't yet,

7 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

I disagree, Stan Lee kept himself in the spotlight through cameos in Marvel movies and shows like the Big Bang Theory. He was a known name in pop culture by almost all of millennials and Gen Z, you can't say the same for Douglas. 

He was massive in his day but knowledge of his work among younger audiences is lacking.

If you disagree, then I would say the same. Anyway, this song below pays tribute to all the legends that have fallen. Heroes get remembered but legends never die.

I see many here meet me to it.

So tonight I told myself at 10 pm: I will finally watch a Kirk Douglas while he's still with us. I have been telling myself this for years now . However, I was too tired and not in the mood for something very long, so I chose Paths of Glory (88 mins). 

As soon as I finished the film, I check back my phone, only to receive the news of his passing. A very sad coincidence. RIP. 

EQDQZIiXsAA2T4W.jpeg.b115af3bc4f96e066b6f34c49d0884e1.jpeg

• Like 7

Sad news indeed. At least he reached a very good age. What a life and career, RIP to a DL-Legend!

• Like 1