Gunjaman5000

How Long Until We're Dickless?

Dick Crew

After “PM Magazine,” he opened his own production company, Dick Crew Prods

Hmm, seems to have been missed while I've been away. Dickie Owen, who played the Major Domo in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and had parts in Zulu and other movies has died. http://www.1879zuluwar.com/t8588-dickie-owen-played-corporal-schiess-zulu-who-has-sadly-passed-away-on-tuesday-the-7th-april-2015

I couldn't remember who he was in Zulu until I searched for this photo. Now I remember

Two-way player Dick Kirk, who had one of the most memorable touchdown runs in school history, died last Tuesday at his home in Fort Lauderdale. He was 72.

A three-year letterwinner (1963-65), Kirk will always have a place in UF lore thanks to his 42-yard touchdown run at Alabama in 1963 that sparked the Gators’ to a 10-6 upset win over the heavily favored Tide and quarterback Joe Namath.

I should win something for finding a Dick that went both ways.

SC

http://m.gatorsports.com/article/20150614/articles/150619841

Couldn't find the video of said run on YouTube.

What about Dick Butkus, or Dick Pound?

Dick Assman

<titters>

• Like 3

Report of the death of Dick Gautier, US actor, aged 85. https://twitter.com/dialmformovies/status/820227573015687170

Best known for playing Hymie The Robot in Get Smart! and providing the voices of Serpentor in GI Joe and Rodimus Prime in Transformers.

Also was a panellist on Hollywood Squares you know.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Gautier

IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm0310370/

Dick Ballinger, the only wrestler in University of Wyoming history to win an NCAA Championship, passed away on Jan. 26, 2017, in Loveland, Colorado. Ballinger, 79, was a three-time wrestling All-American at UW. Wrestling at 167 pounds, he placed second in the 1958 NCAA Championships and fourth in the 1959 Championships before defeating Ronnie Clinton of Oklahoma State to claim the title in 1960.

SC

Former Syracuse football coach Dick MacPherson died on Tuesday at the age of 86. 

He coached the Orange to five bowl games in his decade, setting the foundation for a period of prolonged success. He left the school to coach in the NFL with the New England Patriots, compiling a record of 66-46-4. He was 36-10-3 over the final five years.

SC

A dick discovery (maybe a Dickscovery!)

I'd say Richard "Dick" Spottswood is q/o material given his high profile in recent documentaries on music history. He has a fairly substantial Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_K._Spottswood#Book_and_compact_disc_sets

Dick Noel, a crooner with the Ray Anthony Orchestra who went on to be known as "The King of the Jingles" for his work on commercials, died Friday in Escondido, Calif., after a long illness. He was 90.

Noel was said to have recorded 15,000 spots, including those for United Airlines and MacDonald's, during his career.

SC

...but what a moniker!

Dick Tuck, the Democratic Party prankster-at-large, who bedeviled Barry M. Goldwater, Richard M. Nixon and other Republicans with bad-news fortune cookies, a comely spy, a treacherous little old lady and other campaign-trail tomfoolery, died on Monday in Tucson. He was 94.

SC

Dick Delson, a well-known Hollywood publicist who worked with stars including Sylvester Stallone, Walter Matthau and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and on campaigns for films including “The Deerhunter” and “Jaws,” died Sunday in Yarmouth, Maine. He was 81.  He died in his sleep at a longterm care facility.

Among his other clients were James Coburn, whose Oscar campaign for “Affliction” Delson designed, Robert Culp, Peter Graves, Lou Gossett, Jr., Marsha Mason, George Segal, Fred Dryer and Roddy McDowall, as well as authors Harold Robbins and Iris Rainer Dart.
SC

It's been posted a couple of times already but I'm posting here too because of a "what a moniker!" Issue

Dick Leitsch, who conceptualized the LGBT "Sip-In" at Julius Bar in New York, who fought for rights for LGBT people to drink in bars, dead from liver cancer aged 83

Also the first gay person to interview Bette Midler 

I think his last name is pronounced "leech"

• Haha 1

I wondered if anyone had actually named their kid 'Dick Head' so I did a search in births for England and Wales between 1837 and 1983. Only one came up:

birth.jpg

Poor little bugger must have died of shame; he didn't make his first birthday

death.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I wondered if anyone had actually named their kid 'Dick Head' so I did a search in births for England and Wales between 1837 and 1983. Only one came up:

birth.jpg

Poor little bugger must have died of shame; he didn't make his first birthday

death.jpg

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/by/head/richard

(Third entry, in particular)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1