Gunjaman5000

How Long Until We're Dickless?

Dick Headlee ran for Governor of Michigan in 1982.  FWIW

• Like 1

A slight Dick stretch ...

Richard "Dick" Vaughn, well known from his many years working as a top assistant in the W.R. Haughton Stable, died Monday morning, Sept. 17, in Florida. He was 86.

Mr. Vaughn was born and reared in Massachusetts. Following a stint in military service, his brother, William "Bones" Vaughn, suggested he join him working for the Haughton Stable. The two brothers became part of the face of the Haughton operation, traveling with horses throughout the Grand Circuit. 
SC

19 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Fuck...  
He's a legend.  I have him in a couple pools, didn't want to get a hit tbh.  RIP Dick Dale.

I didn't include him in any of my pools.

Still can't believe he is gone. 

Hit #8 for me.

GoFundMe page to help pay for Dick's medical fees from the month he spent in hospital, and funeral costs 

On 18/03/2019 at 14:59, Phantom said:

GoFundMe page to help pay for Dick's medical fees from the month he spent in hospital, and funeral costs 

Click that link now and the same fund is collecting for a one (maybe two) statues and helping his widow.

Oh aye, and for as long as the relatively young Richard Braine continues to be a player in UKIP and the party continue to have some presence we'll not be entirely dickless because calling him Dick Braine is simply too tempting to the many who find UKIP amusing/annoying

• Like 1

Dick Bank, whose excited television call of “Look at Mills! Look at Mills!” alerted American Billy Mills' stunning upset in the 10,000 meters at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, has died. He was 90.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dick Bank

Great name.

Dick Tamburo, an athletic director at three major schools and an All-American center at Michigan State, has died. He was 90.  Michigan State announced that Tamburo died Monday.

A native of New Kensington, Pennsylvania, Tamburo served as the athletic director at Texas Tech, Arizona State and Missouri. He was inducted into the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics in 2006.

Tamburo also was an assistant coach at Arizona State and Iowa following two years in the Army.

He was a three-year letter-winner at Michigan State from 1950-52 and an All-American after leading the Spartans to a
9-0 record and the 1952 national championship. Tamburo also played linebacker for the Spartans, who won two national championships and went a combined 26-1 during his three seasons there.
SC

Dick Lucas, one of the starters on the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles championship team, has died. He was 86. (Cross-posted in the American Football Players thread. Could've also been included in Notable Coronavirus Victims thread.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-eagles-end-dick-lucas-dies-from-covid-19-at-86/ar-BB13utIc?li=BBnbfcL

(Cross-posted in the Magicians and Hypnotists thread)

Dick Williams, known as 'Mr. Magic' and suggested  to have had the longest running magic show in history, has died.  He was 92.  The article notes he would've turned 93 this week. 

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/07/13/mr-magic-wmc-tvs-magicland-dies-age

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

(Cross-posted in the Magicians and Hypnotists thread)

Dick Williams, known as 'Mr. Magic' and suggested  to have had the longest running magic show in history, has died.  He was 92.  The article notes he would've turned 93 this week. 

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/07/13/mr-magic-wmc-tvs-magicland-dies-age

I bet his 'sleight of hand'  was like watching him in slow motion.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2008 at 16:43, Canadian Paul said:

I'm not sure if he's alive or not, since the last interview was from 2001, but I couldn't pass up NASCAR driver Dick Passwater

This could've gone in the Moniker thread or Chequered flag, but really it deserves to be here. Former NASCAR racer Richard 'Dick' Passwater, died earlier this month - https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldtribune/obituary.aspx?n=richard-passwater&pid=196502775&fhid=14483

• Like 1

On 17/07/2020 at 16:44, Octopus of Odstock said:

This could've gone in the Moniker thread or Chequered flag, but really it deserves to be here. Former NASCAR racer Richard 'Dick' Passwater, died earlier this month - https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldtribune/obituary.aspx?n=richard-passwater&pid=196502775&fhid=14483

I would tip my hat to your choice of threads but for the fact he never was called Dick.  So it’s totally misplaced.

SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I would tip my hat to your choice of threads but for the fact he never was called Dick.  So it’s totally misplaced.

SC

Doesn’t matter - the law says that anybody called Richard can be called Dick for comedy purposes. 

57 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Doesn’t matter - the law says that anybody called Richard can be called Dick for comedy purposes. 

Indeed. And he raced as Dick, Sir C as a simple Google search would've shown you. https://www.google.com/search?q=dick+passwater&oq=dick+passwater&aqs=chrome..69i57.6878j0j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Like 2

My Dick died years ago.:(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

My Dick died years ago.:(

Won't these photos of Victoria Principal help to revive, renergise and revitalise it?! :P;)

• Haha 2