Sign in to follow this  
VSBfromH

Peter Andre

Hmmm, ill enough to be nailed on if he sees daylight in 2013, young enough to pay out decent points as a joker. I hear the sound of dead pool lists being tweaked across the nation.

Hmmm, ill enough to be nailed on if he sees daylight in 2013, young enough to pay out decent points as a joker. I hear the sound of dead pool lists being tweaked across the nation.

Indeed, soon as I saw Spade's post I knew I finally had a definite choice for my joker... now the only factor that remains is if he makes it to January 1...

You can hear me scribbling in my spreadsheet, but one question remains: what are the chances Andrew will get the required obit? Brother of a marginal Aussie celeb, AIUI.

regards,

Hein

Very sad news but it doesn't half make trying to shortlist my 2013 team easier. 11 possibilities into 4 just won't go, but's it's easier than 12 into 4.

Let's wait for confirmation, but assuming he's dead: that's that problem solved.

regards,

Hein

Would be odd things to say if he was actually dead. But then this is the brother of the guy that married Katie Price after a fling on a jungle-based reality TV show. Anything's possible, I guess

Has to be the most entertaining response to false death rumors I've seen at any rate.

Doesn't really matter if he makes 2013 or not, DDP-wise, any team worth their salt will have him included

Re the point about requisite obit above.

Tabloid coverage assured, it'll be UK news and the social networking stuff currently going on will fuel the whole thing. If he's available for selection he's the hottest joker in living memory, surely.

I don't like picks like him. My DDP is full of them which, quite frankly, cheapens the game.

I'm sure that most people agree, but pick them anyway to stand a chance of having a ranking.

He keeps popping up as a sure fire thing but there is still a good chance he can pull through. I've yet to even consider his numbers, maybe closer to the end of the year but I'm not a fan of relatives of famous people.

I don't like picks like him. My DDP is full of them which, quite frankly, cheapens the game.

I'm sure that most people agree, but pick them anyway to stand a chance of having a ranking.

Spot on, Windsor. I'll admit Andrea is on my list, but Grace Eun Sung Lee and that terminaly ill Hillsborough mother aren't, neither sit that comfortably with me.. somehow Andrea does though. The latter (Hillsborough lady) isn't really worth the points for that slightly uncomfortable feeling.

Yes, I prefer my candidates to be recognisable by most people. But as Windsor says: if you miss one like this in DDP, your chances for a good result go down the drain. I wish death on nobody, but this Andrew Andre (what were his parents thinking, BTW) would do me a big favour by buying the farm before December 31.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

He'll soon end up yesterday's Co-op funeral triplicate papers anyway...

I'm including both him and Hillsborough mother, not enthusiastically, on my team pretty much for the reason of the sake of holding my own like mentioned previously. Other than that I agree completely on much preferring picking people who are famous in their own right, all but one of my other potential picks have fame in their own right albeit some are a bit more obscure than others.

Is Jo Bryant still living?

Spot on, Windsor. I'll admit Andrea is on my list, but Grace Eun Sung Lee and that terminaly ill Hillsborough mother aren't, neither sit that comfortably with me.. somehow Andrea does though. The latter (Hillsborough lady) isn't really worth the points for that slightly uncomfortable feeling.

Grace fits for me, because I feel that there's a story there. She wanted to die, was allowed, then choose not to. The Teri Schiavo of 2012. My criteria for deadpool picks is that I basically know something about them, their story etc., and I think she fits that. Picking people that I only know of because they're sick though, I try to avoid. For me at least, there should be some kind of connection.

Well I certainly won't be having Ann Williams on my team but I have to accept that others will. Given the sensitive nature of that particular pick, a low key approach will suffice. And there will be no image out of personal choice...

Is Jo Bryant still living?

I'd wondered exactly the same thing. Her Tumblr account suddenly stops two months ago, and the website she was working on isn't fully up either. So either she's carked it and nobody's told us, she's incapacitated somehow, or she's just gotten bored of the internet and found something more productive to do.

Grace ESL is apparently receiving care at home right now. I'd assume she gets the requisite obituary, but who knows? The story there was a right-to-die battle, if she's just going to slink off in her sleep one night maybe that isn't news.

• Like 1

Anne Williams will be on my team. I'll agree to remove her only if she is disqualified as a pick due to DDP rules...which I'd welcome.

Anne Williams will be on my team. I'll agree to remove her only if she is disqualified as a pick due to DDP rules...which I'd welcome.

There's no ruling against her being picked, not unless I come up with a "no terminally ill mothers rule" to go along with my "no wrestlers rule" and "no obscure European leaders rule".

But that's not going to happen...