post mortem

David Bowie

I'll be watching Labyrinth later in tribute.

Just kidding, it's absolute crap.

• Like 1

Wow. This really bites. Saturday I was watching th episode of "Flight of The Conchords" where Brett is visited by David Bowie is his dreams. Yesterday, I was out shopping and on a whim decided to get the new album. Then this morning I wake up to "Music Legend David Bowie dies".

*snip*

Phantom, just for my theme team, could you go out and buy this album please?

4116KKBW01L.jpg

Are you thinking I'll do a clean sweep of them?

Having checked the listing, I'd get only five hits I think, surprisingly - Jon Anderson, Bryan Ferry, Bruce Foxton, Peter Gabriel and Chris "Merrick" Hughes. But that's 5 more than I got last year or even expect this year!

But I don't want any of them to die.

Fuck! it's bad enough that I got Motorhead's last album for Christmas and then Lemmy drops dead a few days later. I still haven't played it yet.

Could you buy whatever shit the rolling stones are flogging now as it's about time Kieth Richards carked it.

No. Just... no. Seriously, no. Stop it, right now.

• Like 1

Saw this posted at half four this morning , nowt to do with the then impending announcement, just in a 'random shite' thread because it is kinda cool.

25946-1t5j9fa.gif

• Like 2

I've just had to break the news to a couple of schoolkids in Tesco that 'The Man Who Sold The World' was not actually a Nirvana song but in fact by Lulu.

I'm surprised at just how much I'm in bits about the news to be honest. As much as I loved Bowie he has never been my god (Debbie Harry is), but this is a horrible reminder of the mortality of our idols and heroes. Plus he was top of my list of people who were (past tense now sadly appropriate) still alive and likely to tour who I've never seen live, and now that will not happen.

Probably going to be watching The Hunger in tribute tonight.

• Like 3

bkandbowie.jpg

Farewell Mr Spaceboy, see you on the next trip... :(

• Like 2

I've just had to break the news to a couple of schoolkids in Tesco that 'The Man Who Sold The World' was not actually a Nirvana song but in fact by Lulu.

I'm surprised at just how much I'm in bits about the news to be honest. As much as I loved Bowie he has never been my god (Debbie Harry is), but this is a horrible reminder of the mortality of our idols and heroes. Plus he was top of my list of people who were (past tense now sadly appropriate) still alive and likely to tour who I've never seen live, and now that will not happen.

Probably going to be watching The Hunger in tribute tonight.

It bites when you know they could still have produced another couple of albums worth of songs. I'll be interested to see if his post-moterm catalogue is released.

A death which really touched me :(

London's going really retro in tribute.

There hasn't been that many white people on its streets at once since his heyday!

• Like 5

Bloody sad.A real innovator and genius.I certainly did not expect him to die this year.Had anyone heard any rumours at all?I wonder how many other musicians deaths would get the same amount of news coverage.

• Like 2

More life on Mars than there is in him!

I'm guessing that he'll be the biggest death, in January

• Like 2

Bloody sad.A real innovator and genius.I certainly did not expect him to die this year.Had anyone heard any rumours at all?

He more or less told us, so we should have expected it. I suppose we all thought it was just another character he was playing. :(

• Like 1

I'm guessing that he'll be the biggest death, in January

I bloody hope so.

• Like 2

Bloody sad.A real innovator and genius.I certainly did not expect him to die this year.Had anyone heard any rumours at all?I wonder how many other musicians deaths would get the same amount of news coverage.

I'm glad he was able to keep it quiet if that's what he wanted. A fuck you to the corpse chasing media and indirectly to wankers like us. I reckon there's a few dozen would get similar coverage if they died unexpectedly like Bowie:

• Prince
  • Mick Jagger
  • Jimmy Page
  • Brian May
  • Paul McCartney
  • John Lydon
  • Ringo Starr
  • Bob Geldolf
  • Bono
  • Tina Turner
  • Bob Dylan
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Surviving Bee Gees
  • Madonna
  • Billy Joel
  • Lars Ulrich
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Lionel Richie
  • Leonard Cohen
  • Bruce Dickinson
  • Elton John
  • Any member of Pink Floyd
  • Roger Taylor (or any member of The Who)
  • Cliff Richard
  • Any member of Abba
  • Like 1

London's going really retro in tribute.

There hasn't been that many white people on its streets at once since his heyday!

The question is - can you tell if their male or female?

• Like 1

Funny to think that Iggy Pop, who many thought wouldn't live beyond 1975, should outlive his old muckers Lou Reed and David Bowie. Such is life...

tumblr_mwcueepHEV1s6wv0bo1_500.jpg

• Like 3

I've just released he called his last album Lazarus, he knew didn't he?

• Like 1

Looking forward to Justin Bieber's cover of 'The Wild-Eyed Boy from Freecloud' making the number 1 slot. After all, he's the only one who does these days...

• Like 1

I've just released he called his last album Lazarus, he knew didn't he?

Course he did.

Shocking death even though I never liked his music.

I wasn't a massive fan either.

• Like 1

The fucking weird thing was that only last week, in breaks between uploading teams, I apropos of nothing, decided to re-read a book my brother gave me for my 39th birthday which looked back at Bowies entire career!

How odd...

• Like 1

I'm glad he was able to keep it quiet if that's what he wanted. A fuck you to the corpse chasing media and indirectly to wankers like us. I reckon there's a few dozen would get similar coverage if they died unexpectedly like Bowie:

• Prince
  • Mick Jagger
  • Jimmy Page
  • Brian May
  • Paul McCartney
  • John Lydon
  • Ringo Starr
  • Bob Geldolf
  • Bono
  • Tina Turner
  • Bob Dylan
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Surviving Bee Gees
  • Madonna
  • Billy Joel
  • Lars Ulrich
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Lionel Richie
  • Leonard Cohen
  • Bruce Dickinson
  • Elton John
  • Any member of Pink Floyd
  • Roger Taylor (or any member of The Who)
  • Cliff Richard
  • Any member of Abba

I reckon Vera Lynn will also get a hell of a lot of coverage as would Joni Mitchell .

A sad day, like when Lou Reed died - but really of greater significance. One of the biggest deaths in music this decade, no doubt about it at all. Probably the biggest music death this decade so far, like Michael Jackson was in the last decade

• Like 1

Wasn't too acquainted with his work myself but still a sad loss, there's no doubt to his influence. :rip: