faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

People who find autographs interesting and valuable are psycho stalker freaks who should be in jail and celebrities who indulge them are egomaniacal narcissists and also should be in jail

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Another thread with one person banging a drum to their own beat and absolutely everyone else banging their heads on a desk.

It's a simple enough, as @RoverAndOut has already pointed out about as concisely as possible.

It's a symbiotic relationship, the very thing that makes you a celebrity is having an audience that appreciates what you do.

You can't be a celebrity without an audience of 'fans'. It's an unequal relationship to be sure, but without one you cannot have the other.

What the hell skittles has to do with all this I have no idea, it's an awful analogy if that was the intention.

This isn’t what I’m arguing against. I‘m arguing that the celebrity doesn’t owe anything to their fans nor has a moral obligation to serve them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banana said:

This isn’t what I’m arguing against. I‘m arguing that the celebrity doesn’t owe anything to their fans nor has a moral obligation to serve them. 

Basically, celebs who have that attitude towards their 'fans' are absolute cunts.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Basically, celebs who have that attitude towards their 'fans' are absolute cunts.

Dick van Dyke is an absolute cunt because as a 94 year old he charges a high rate to say meaningless words in front of a camera for someone he doesn’t know. 

40 minutes ago, Banana said:

Dick van Dyke is an absolute cunt because as a 94 year old he charges a high rate to say meaningless words in front of a camera for someone he doesn’t know. 

Maybe.

The point is, does he sign autographs willingly for people that admire his work and career?

Is he happy to have selfies with people that have helped shape his career?

If he does not participate in the above then, yes, he is a cunt.

For all you know, he could be putting the proceeds for his 'pay for a personal message' service into charitable organizations.

Until you know that he isn't then you cannot make such a negative judgement on the old fella, can you.

fs @Banana give it up. Celebrity is dependant on people en masse liking what they do Yes, we all agree 'one' fan is neither here nor there versus the sleb. That doesn't change the fact that slebs' dissing their own fanbase is shooting themselves in the foot. Drop it for gawds sakes it's just getting tedious now.

• Like 1

Literally none of what y’all are getting mad at is what I’m arguing against ffs

Since the current wave of PC he changed his name to Penis Truck Lesbian.

• Haha 4

He might not go this year, he won't outlive Mary Poppins herself Julie Andrews

95 today. Happy Bertday, Dick Van Dyke. A vanishing breed, that’s him.

I can’t help thinking what he was on, during the making of Mary Poppins. Laughing gas, perhaps?

• Like 3

I just hope he doesn’t die. He’s my favorite actor after all!

• Facepalm 1

With the recent death of Christopher Plummer, it would be fitting if Julie Andrews other musical co star would pass away soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 18/02/2021 at 20:48, dimreaper said:

With the recent death of Christopher Plummer, it would be fitting if Julie Andrews other musical co star would pass away soon.

Your handle is very appropriate. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2021 at 14:56, Kenny said:

Your handle is very appropriate. :rolleyes:

You're very observant. 

I feel like this'll be a Kirk Douglas case, they'll keep him on the list until he dies in 2030 after everyone else from this year's list is gone

He could make it to 105, maybe more.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 20:29, Elvis is alive! said:

He could make it to 105, maybe more.

Doubt it, very few men get close to 105. I hope I'm wrong but can see him going at 98 or 99. 

• Like 1