faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

That left eye looks painful again. His voice is still very strong though. 

• Like 1

Just watched a programme with John Snow on longevity, he visited some adventists in the USA and some communities in Japan,. My conclusion that healthy, active stress free lifestyle with good diet, (low alcohol and fat, I’m f**ked) working in retirement for the benefit of society is the way forward. Going to the end of the road next week to see if I can get a part time job at the accountants and get my tax return done I think mine might have died, or is he just ignoring me?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BabyBlue said:

110 club hopeful?

I hate to say this to all the people on this site but yes. He might be 

• Like 1

A promo for the first episode of the new season of The Masked Singer (which can be viewed here) is teasing a legendary unmasking and it’s someone who’s won an Emmy, Grammy, and Tony.  I could be wrong, but I have a hunch that it could be him.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 19:55, BabyBlue said:

110 club hopeful?

Far too early to say.He is doing well but you can see some physical deterioration has occured over the last year.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2023 at 20:41, Insane said:

I hate to say this to all the people on this site but yes. He might be 

Come on, 110 is 13 years from now. I can see him reaching 100 but 110 is completely impossible 

It would have been much smarter for the DL to have had Glynis Johns in Van Dyke's place this year. I would have thought it more logical to have had Johns on each year for the last few years instead of Van Dyke and when she goes, then replace her with Van Dyke.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2023 at 23:19, ajlposh said:

A promo for the first episode of the new season of The Masked Singer (which can be viewed here) is teasing a legendary unmasking and it’s someone who’s won an Emmy, Grammy, and Tony.  I could be wrong, but I have a hunch that it could be him.

Probably more likely to be either Hugh Jackman, Bette Midler or Cyndi Lauper. 

Woodward or sakamoto would be a better no 1. Realistically, any of the list would make a better no 1 .

26 minutes ago, Heisenburg said:

Woodward or sakamoto would be a better no 1. Realistically, any of the list would make a better no 1 .

Fucking hell if you’re going to use a TV character’s name and image as your avatar you could at least spell it correctly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Fucking hell if you’re going to use a TV character’s name and image as your avatar you could at least spell it correctly.

Ok

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 18:19, ajlposh said:

It is him!

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

(As seen above)

Unmasked as the Gnome on the season debut of the American version of the Masked Singer. Impressive voice (for 97-years-old). Looked a little frail, but not at death's doorstep. 

Impressive for a 97 years old man ! I don’t think he’ll be a hit this year. 

• Like 1

He's still goddamn dancing out there.  2023 will not be his time!  (Don't make me regret this, karmic heavens!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I don’t think he’ll be a hit this year. 

Or next year at this rate. Despite his advanced age he could still easily be dropped in 2024, but should make a DL comeback in 2025.

• Like 1

• Haha 8

Yeah, Joey, that worked ;]

• Like 1

Am I right in saying Bob Saget is the only competitor from the US Masked Singer to have carked it?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Am I right in saying Bob Saget is the only competitor from the US Masked Singer to have carked it?

Kirstie Alley did too. And frequent guest panelist Leslie Jordan

• Like 4

I'm trying to get my head around the kind of insurance costs they must've had for Dick Van Dyke, and the planning that must've gone into it to make it as comfortable and safe as possible for him. Really nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I'm trying to get my head around the kind of insurance costs they must've had for Dick Van Dyke, and the planning that must've gone into it to make it as comfortable and safe as possible for him. Really nuts.

The man seems to be in excellent shape, so I doubt it's as much as it probably would have been if it was Bob Barker or something. Also this is 100% on brand for him - as he's made several appearances over the past few years showcasing his skills and remarkably nimble abilities at his age...

• Like 3

True! I guess the last time I saw him standing up and dancing was Mary Poppins Returns, so a few years ago now. That he's still up for it, especially in a live environment, is incredible. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

True! I guess the last time I saw him standing up and dancing was Mary Poppins Returns, so a few years ago now. That he's still up for it, especially in a live environment, is incredible. 

He did the dance from the first film in 2019 at the Golden Globes. Better than most of the other dudes on stage might I add. And it appears from last night's footage he hasn't particularly slowed down...

• Like 2