VSBfromH

London 2012 Olympics

Well Tokyo has been awarded the 2020 games so obviously amongst the considerations of the IOC is not which city is most likely to be attacked by Godzilla.

I'd think Japan, and so Tokyo, has a radiant future. It seems that future has also escaped the IOC's attention.

regards,

Hein

by radiant you mean nuclear radiant ? I think they wanted to give it to turkey but with the riots ,civil war next door in syria and the fact Istanbul's infrastructure is no where near a high enough standard was the reason Tokyo got it.

I have a feeling that these are the next host cities:

paris 2024

usa 2028

Argentina 2032

turkey 2036.

Paris and Usa have already hosted enough

Give Antartica a chance

My favourite Olympic bid of all time was the Stoneybridge one from the TV show Absoloutely

• Like 1

Well Tokyo has been awarded the 2020 games so obviously amongst the considerations of the IOC is not which city is most likely to be attacked by Godzilla.

I'd think Japan, and so Tokyo, has a radiant future. It seems that future has also escaped the IOC's attention.

regards,

Hein

by radiant you mean nuclear radiant ? I think they wanted to give it to turkey but with the riots ,civil war next door in syria and the fact Istanbul's infrastructure is no where near a high enough standard was the reason Tokyo got it.

I have a feeling that these are the next host cities:

paris 2024

usa 2028

Argentina 2032

turkey 2036.

It is odd that the IOC took 11 months to come to the same conclusion as me last year.

I think the next four might be

Germany 2024 (Berlin?)

USA 2028 (New York)

Africa 2032 (Not sure where but I think they would want to go there)

Scotland 2036 (With life president Alex Salmond parachuting in to the opening ceremony)

• Like 1

I don't think a country of 5 million and about 65-70 km's can afford to bribe IOC the highest amount can handle the infrastructure the best. Scotland in 2036 or ever seems unlikely.

I don't think a country of 5 million and about 65-70 km's can afford to bribe IOC the highest amount can handle the infrastructure the best. Scotland in 2036 or ever seems unlikely.

Stoneybridge could host it.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

Take some oestrogen, don't bother with surgery, and clean up at all the wummins events.

Boxing could be fun.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/25/ioc-rules-transgender-athletes-can-take-part-in-olympics-without-surgery

Take some oestrogen, don't bother with surgery, and clean up at all the wummins events.

Boxing could be fun.

Boxing?

Id say the womens relay could be tricky, will they be grabbing the right baton?????

• Like 1

Ah, was thinking Ali's daughter had been in Olympics. Duh. Bit it will be now.

Relay? Always has been when east Germany was in the go. Lunchbox ahoy.

Will save hassles for the likes of Murtola and Whitbread I suppose.

Posted this in the Olympic deaths thread but guess it makes sense here too. France reports a 'London 2012 curse' following the deaths of 18 athletes who took part in the games in the subsequent 4 years. Full list of those cursed included in the article, complete with helpful details of their cause of death:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36055238

Posted this in the Olympic deaths thread but guess it makes sense here too. France reports a 'London 2012 curse' following the deaths of 18 athletes who took part in the games in the subsequent 4 years. Full list of those cursed included in the article, complete with helpful details of their cause of death:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36055238

Within 4 years, 18 people out of 10 768, or 0.167%, have died. I don't see a curse here and I'm sure the numbers were similar for all previous Olympics. France is just more sensitive towards Olympic athlete deaths since the helicopter crash last year.

• Like 1