Sign in to follow this  
Catherine

Ruth Warrick

Last surviving cast member of Citizen Kane, 89. Also starred in All My Children. Unfortunately I read this on IMDb:

(May 2004) In very fragile health and wheelchair-ridden, 89-year-old Ruth was on hand to accept her daytime Emmy award for "lifetime achievement."

This is so sad! :lol:

She played the wonderful Phoebe on All My Children

She will be missed

Very sad, indeed! :lol:

I LOVED Phoebe Tyler Wallingford.

The Phoebe/Charles/Mona triangle back in the 70s was one of my favorite stories! It proved that people over 60 could still be entertaining. BRAVO , AMC!

I hope the show gives her a tribute --- she was a class act!

It's so sad to hear about Ruth Warrick. She was a grand lady. Where'd you hear about this? I wanted to read the article, but I can't find it anywhere. I searched the internet and no info on it. Thanks.

It's so sad to hear about Ruth Warrick.  She was a grand lady.  Where'd you hear about this?  I wanted to read the article, but I can't find it anywhere.  I searched the internet and no info on it.  Thanks.

I hear we'll get official word tomorrow.

John McMullen (Program Director and Talk Show Host of Sirius OutQ Radio) originally posted this on Eden Riegel’s message board ... and he wouldn't go around spreading false info.

Guest Skeptical....

The first post in this thread is dated from July 2004? It does not say anything about Ms. Warrick actually passing?

I love her a the "dutchess" on AMC, but I do not want to assume the worst based on this and no other reliable source.

:lol: We heard this rumor on another site but so far we haven't been able to find confirmation! If this is true, Phoebe will be very much missed! I remember Ruth on "Peyton Place" before she joined "All My Children".

Guest Catherine C.

Is this true? If so, I am very saddened by this!!!! Ruth was a very important citizen of Pine Valley on All My Children for many years.

Guest Guest

This is really weird. There hasn't been any offcial statement about her "death". :lol:

The guy that posed on Eden Riegel's forum is also legit and reliable. If it is false, then he was only posting what he heard - and what he believed to be true.

Guest ???

I have to wonder if this is true.... I hope it isn't!

Guest Cheri

I was at SoapTownUSA and they have her picture on the home page with the dates 1915-2005. No links, no story, just the pic and the dates. I've been trying to find something too, but no luck. I did notice that on the 35th anniversary show of AMC, she was in her wheel chair and didn't talk at all. She looked beautiful as ever but very frail.

Guest Believes this is a hoax

I spoke with our local ABC station this morning and they had absolutely NOTHING over the wire about Ruth passing away. Weekend or not, they would have had some sort of lead... she wasn't some unknown actress.

Also, Kelly Ripa (who airs her show live) made no mention at all of this loss.

There's nothing saying that someone didn't start this rumor by registering using the gentleman's name from SIRIUS. There is nothing stopping someone from registering using any name they want?

Guest Brenda B

Please don't forget that her family is mourning and maybe they are just giving them time!!

Guest Paigeone

I think this is true. This is the only site on the net where I find out anything by reading these comments. Then as I was typing this message, my local news headline was Ruth Warrick dies....details at 5pm. I've been watching her on All My Children over half my life. This is very sad. She's a legend.

Guest Rachel from NY

I have to agree with the above post. On ABC just now - there was a mention of All My Children's Ruth Warrick passing away and details about it will be on the 5 o'clock news. This sparked me to go ont the internet to find any info - and there was no mention of her death on any other websites when I Googled her name beside this one.

BUT they have said it officially on ABC about her death (4 pm EST) so all of you that have doubt, I guess consider this a confirmation.

She will be misseed! :lol::o

Guest Linda

It is true, she has passed away. ABC News here in New York just announced it in its teasers for the 5 PM news.

True indeed :lol: , Deadoraliveinfo.com has her listed as dead, however there is some contradiction as to her age, IMDB says 1915, while TV Tome and Deadoraliveinfo both say 1916. The cause of death is listed as Pnemonia.

True indeed  :lol: , Deadoraliveinfo.com has her listed as dead, however there is some contradiction as to her age, IMDB says 1915, while TV Tome and Deadoraliveinfo both say 1916. The cause of death is listed as Pnemonia.

Well, it looks like that "But I'm Not Dead Yet" has a hit with a unique pick in the DDP.

regards,

Hein

Guest Karen Walker

A real sereen goddess! It is so sad to read about Ms. Warrick's passing. Godd bless her family

Uh-oh, I can see this turning into another 'Rosemary Kennedy Book of Condolence'-type thread... :lol:

Guest Guest_Andrew

The report is true. WABC the New York ABC station did a 3-4 minute tribute to her on tonight's 5:00 news, including an interview with Julia Barr about the influence she had on her and her career.

Sad, but nice that AMC included her in the show's credits until the end and honored her at the 35th Anniversay celebration.

Guest carolyn
I have to wonder if this is true.... I hope it isn't!

yes it is true ruth warrick passed way saturday 11-16 due to complications from :( phneumonia

Guest Andy

There's nothing about this on any legitimate news site, so

I wouldn't believe it until there is confirmation folks....