Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blake

Clint Eastwood

Recommended Posts

Um, Clint Eastwood wasn't in that movie, that was Jack Nicholson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kel

I saw Million Dollar Baby a few years ago so maybe my memory is hazy but I don't remember a single scene with former golfer Jack Nicholson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2013 at 17:27, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Um, Clint Eastwood wasn't in that movie, that was Jack Nicholson.

I think Clint Eastwood directed this movie but didn't star in it?

 

I'm also pretty sure his mother lived to around 100 so there's a reasonable prospect he's got quite a few years left in him yet. 

 

Not to be complacent of course -his mother's lifestyle and specific genetics could be quite different from his! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think Clint Eastwood directed this movie but didn't star in it?

 

I'm also pretty sure his mother lived to around 100 so there's a reasonable prospect he's got quite a few years left in him yet. 

 

Not to be complacent of course -his mother's lifestyle and specific genetics could be quite different from his! 

No, you're talking about Miloš Forman.

 

Unless there is a giant mix-up and you're actually talking about Million $$$ Baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A year without a post, must be going swell for him. 

90 today!!!

:party::birthday::shoot:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reiterate me demand to the committee for him to be the next Kirk Douglas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53516663

 

Some stress and battles for the nonagenarian movie legend  as Clint Eastwood sues some cannabis companies for falsely using his name as a product endorsement.

What stress and battles??

He is a multi millionaire, he has a team of lawyers who will stress and battle on his behalf while he lounges around his pool.

Looking at it all, he cannot lose, he never endorsed anything and the scam of false endorsement is rife.

They picked on the wrong one, there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What stress and battles??

He is a multi millionaire, he has a team of lawyers who will stress and battle on his behalf while he lounges around his pool.

Looking at it all, he cannot lose, he never endorsed anything and the scam of false endorsement is rife.

They picked on the wrong one, there.

 

 

Yeah, they made his day!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

What stress and battles??

He is a multi millionaire, he has a team of lawyers who will stress and battle on his behalf while he lounges around his pool.

Looking at it all, he cannot lose, he never endorsed anything and the scam of false endorsement is rife.

They picked on the wrong one, there.

Anger can be damaging to health!He can't be sanguine about it otherwise he wouldn't have ordered his lawyers to take action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Anger can be damaging to health!He can't be sanguine about it otherwise he wouldn't have ordered his lawyers to take action.

Of course he will be angry but hardly apoplectic.

He has ordered his lawyers to act because, like anybody else famous, if a company uses your photos and/or states that you are endorsing them when you do not, that is a good enough reason to sue the arse off of them.

He won't be losing sleep over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Of course he will be angry but hardly apoplectic.

He has ordered his lawyers to act because, like anybody else famous, if a company uses your photos and/or states that you are endorsing them when you do not, that is a good enough reason to sue the arse off of them.

He won't be losing sleep over it.

I suppose it depends on his temperament?

Some people lose sleep over the strangest things even when situations and circumstances are in their favour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I suppose it depends on his temperament?

Some people lose sleep over the strangest things even when situations and circumstances are in their favour...

Honestly? I think he is pretty much like the characters he tends to play, but a tad more mellow with it.

I doubt if he would lose any sleep, the guy is 90 years old, I think worrying about stuff has long passed him by.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now there’s a man I would have banged well into his 70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Now there’s a man I would have banged well into his 70s.

….and your 80s. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Honestly? I think he is pretty much like the characters he tends to play, but a tad more mellow with it.

I doubt if he would lose any sleep, the guy is 90 years old, I think worrying about stuff has long passed him by.

You are very possibly right  .I was simply going for the possibilities of health implications in terms of relevance to the art of deadpooling. 

I genuinely have little idea what he is like privately. 

On one hand I seem to recall he was banned from twitter for aggressively promoting  some dodgy political theories  or conspiracies and that was in the days when twitter was more lenient. 

On the other hand very few of his costars have ever  criticised him or found him difficult to work with. He was a good friend to the late Hollywood actor Tab Hunter and supported him in trying to increase support for same sex marriage .That pleasantly surprised me as I thought he adhered to all the traditional Republican party tenets but on social issues he often tilts quite liberal. 

On the basis of all the above I couldn't guess his temperament  and mindset. I do know that he has been in some damned fine films and directed some of his own brilliantly too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Now there’s a man I would have banged well into his 70s.

His  son actor Scott Eastwood is worth a look too ..especially now his father has passed your bangability criteria of being past  his seventies:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

….and your 80s. :lol:

Cunt!

 

39 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

His  son actor Scott Eastwood is worth a look too ..especially now his father has passed your bangability criteria of being past  his seventies:D

Now see he does nothing for me at all. Weird. It must be the age thing. Billy Idol is 64 and I’d break his nutsack too. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Cunt!

 

Now see he does nothing for me at all. Weird. It must be the age thing. Billy Idol is 64 and I’d break his nutsack too. 

Have you let Billy Idol know this incase he wants to utilize your lusty enthusiasm?:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Have you let Billy Idol know this incase he wants to utilize your lusty enthusiasm?:lol:

‘In case’?  There’s no ‘in case’ about it, he’s begging for it mate!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if this is the way the thread has gone, I'll bring up my all time fave TV talking head bit as I don't think Gooseberry has heard it.

 

Right, so Judi Dench has turned 70, and Channel 4 or 5 or someone I forget had this big 2 hour celebration of Judi Dench documentary on. And they had all these luvvies talking up her braveness as a performer, and her gravitas and all that stuff. Suddenly on screen appears Brian Blessed who booms: "Judi Dench is the SEXIEST WOMAN I'VE EVER MET! And she stills drives me WILD WITH LUST! What a woman!"

 

:lol:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msc said:

Well if this is the way the thread has gone, I'll bring up my all time fave TV talking head bit as I don't think Gooseberry has heard it.

 

Right, so Judi Dench has turned 70, and Channel 4 or 5 or someone I forget had this big 2 hour celebration of Judi Dench documentary on. And they had all these luvvies talking up her braveness as a performer, and her gravitas and all that stuff. Suddenly on screen appears Brian Blessed who booms: "Judi Dench is the SEXIEST WOMAN I'VE EVER MET! And she stills drives me WILD WITH LUST! What a woman!"

 

:lol:

 

I remember seeing that too. In fact it's usually what I first think of whenever I see Judi Dench on anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, msc said:

Well if this is the way the thread has gone, I'll bring up my all time fave TV talking head bit as I don't think Gooseberry has heard it.

 

Right, so Judi Dench has turned 70, and Channel 4 or 5 or someone I forget had this big 2 hour celebration of Judi Dench documentary on. And they had all these luvvies talking up her braveness as a performer, and her gravitas and all that stuff. Suddenly on screen appears Brian Blessed who booms: "Judi Dench is the SEXIEST WOMAN I'VE EVER MET! And she stills drives me WILD WITH LUST! What a woman!"

 

:lol:

Absolutely love this anecdote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Absolutely love this anecdote!

I love Brian Blessed, his book is full of little stories like this - my favourite is when he tells of punching Harold Pinter down some stairs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use