maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

He already has his own thread here

Oops. Excusez moi!

BBC News just reporting the CPS has got a file linking convicted child killer Robert Black with the long-lost Genette Tate - newspaper delivery girl last seen in 1978. No link from the site, yet.

BBC News just reporting the CPS has got a file linking convicted child killer Robert Black with the long-lost Genette Tate - newspaper delivery girl last seen in 1978. No link from the site, yet.

Has it really been 29 years since she went missing? I remember this when it happened as I grew up in Devon and there used to be black and white photocopied posters on the telegraph poles all over the place. I suspect that it was actually probably only in Devon as in those days there obviously wasn't the Internet and the opportunity to launch drives of Madeleine proportions.

I hope something turns up as to the girl's whereabouts as those posters haunted me as a nine year old- nothing like that really happened in sleepy Devon, it always seemed to be 'up London way' and up North. If nothing else it would provide the family with some much needed closure as I suspect thier hope has begun to ebb for some time.

BHB

Good round up of the known and missing in action Nazis here.

John Darwin, missing presumed dead until he turned up in a police station at the weekend.

John Darwin, missing presumed dead until he turned up in a police station at the weekend.

Some might say it's a bit suspicious that a photo has surfaced of them together in Panama last year. However it's possible that the wife did not realise it was her husband she was posing with - after all he had died in 2002 so it couldn't possibly be him could it.

They're from Hartlepool a town famous for people so thick they found a monkey in the wreck of a French warship and hung it thinking it was a Frenchman, or summat.

They're from Hartlepool a town famous for people so thick they found a monkey in the wreck of a French warship and hung it thinking it was a Frenchman, or summat.

OK, first the wife says her sons will refuse to have anything to do with her any more. Then the next day the sons say they refuse to have anything to do with her. Talk about going to plan.

Buy them a family set of canoes and push them out to sea ...

Hmm... me wonders whether Steve Fossett flew to Panama? Seems a good place to hide & be declared dead. They did that trick in The Tailor of Panama too, of sorts.

So, are we a few hours from the return of the missing in action' Windsor or what?

Some of those suspected to be D B Cooper are still alive. The FBI consider he died when he jumped but it's not certain. Just about possible he could still be alive. Mebbe the FBI are thinking of the film rights if he is.

Guest hellooo

Peter Falconio - still reckon he could turn up alive sometime this year. After John Darwin, anything is possible.

Guest -
can I nominate Magere Hein?

Yeah, I am not the only Dutch men with morbid fasinations.

Magere Hein = Grimm Reaper (kind off a lame joke actually)

Whilst we're talking IRA linked disappearance, let's not forget Shergar.

He's dead, obviously.

Here's what happened to Shergar 25 years ago.

The gun used to kill Rhys Jones has, allegedly, been found. His missing in action killer may now find a guilty to manslaughter plea to be the best option.

Jersey kids, significant evidence.

You've gotta feel sorry for that sniffer dog, mind. Every time he hunts down a juicy bone some bastard human bags it and scarpers.

Notable that the Wiki page on John Titor lacks details of who may have been behind his claims. His work has 'hoax' written all over it, assuming that Wiki want evidence before they say as much does anyone out there know the best rumour about who or whom was behind the whole Titor scam?

Ned Kelly, more a case of missin in inaction, but it looks like he's been found.

Shannon Matthews alive and well.

A 39 year old man currently helping police with their enquiries might disappear from his local area for several years though.