maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

Speaking of missing in action none of those embarrassing losses of personal information in the UK have been resolved have they?

All those child benefit details are still MIA so far as I can tell. Anyone heard different?

Now here's a debating points for the pedants amongst us. Is a person still 'missing' when we've got their head and hands? Either way, we've no idea who this missing person is at the moment, though I think we can be fairly confident in the presumption of death.

Now here's a debating points for the pedants amongst us. Is a person still 'missing' when we've got their head and hands? Either way, we've no idea who this missing person is at the moment, though I think we can be fairly confident in the presumption of death.

That article makes no sense to me. It states

COPS today said they have identified the woman whose severed head was found on a Scottish beach but have not yet released her name.

Then goes on to say

the woman was believed to have been in her mid 20s to mid 30s, with brown eyes, brown eyebrows and shoulder-length brown hair. [snip] Tayside Police said a number of scientific tests, including DNA extraction and examination of bones would be carried out to try to establish a more exact age of the woman. Dental records will also be examined. The police investigation team is searching missing persons’ databases all over Europe and officers say the search could be expanded worldwide.

Why do the latter if they already know who she is?

That article makes no sense to me. It states

COPS today said they have identified the woman whose severed head was found on a Scottish beach but have not yet released her name.

Then goes on to say

the woman was believed to have been in her mid 20s to mid 30s, with brown eyes, brown eyebrows and shoulder-length brown hair. [snip] Tayside Police said a number of scientific tests, including DNA extraction and examination of bones would be carried out to try to establish a more exact age of the woman. Dental records will also be examined. The police investigation team is searching missing persons’ databases all over Europe and officers say the search could be expanded worldwide.

Why do the latter if they already know who she is?

It's probably because they need to contact her family first rather than them finding out by opening the newspapers

Anyone seen Mark Speight?

Yes, he's here.

Anyone seen Mark Speight?

Yes, he's here.

There has been a speight of dubious disappearances recently. I'm still hoping for Steve Fossett to turn up.

I'm still hoping for Steve Fossett to turn up.

Do you really want HIM to turn up or a piece of him in an armadillo's turd?

Karen Matthews to face kidnap charge. You couldn't make this sh*t up, oh, wait a minute, the scriptwriters of Shameless did.

Karen Matthews to face kidnap charge. You couldn't make this sh*t up, oh, wait a minute, the scriptwriters of Shameless did.

Strangely enough, she does bear a striking resemblence to Yvonne Karib!

The gun used to kill Rhys Jones has, allegedly, been found. His missing in action killer may now find a guilty to manslaughter plea to be the best option.

MIA no longer.

I know a scriptwriter for Shameless, maybe I should ask her to write Clive Dunns' brutal murder into the next series?

Doesn't quite fit the bill of this thread, but I couldn't find anywhere to put him. BAFTA award-winning set designer Ron Oxley has not been heard of for some time - I suspect that he's dead but, if alive, he'd be turning 109 this year. BAFTA award means a very likely obit as well.

Adelir Antonio de Carli Brazilian priest attempting the world record for hanging onto a load of balloons and being blown along.

Searchers have found the balloons.

Actor Orlando Brown (That's So Raven) was found alive after being missing for a day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8042303232.html

Damn it! Thought he'd be found dead of suicide or OD.

This year, it seems that a ton of celebritues whom I thought would die or be found dead ended up alive and well.

The East Timor President I thought was gonna die, but miraculously survived an assassination attempt.

Singer Emilio is still alive even though everybody was saying he wouldn't survive the bus crash.

Supermodel Waris Dirie was found alive after being missing for three days...(I was almost certain that she'd be found dead)

Next thing we know, Steve Fossett and that balloon priest dude will be found alive...

Roger Waters' inflatable pig has gone AWOL. I expect Fossett borrowed it for a test flight.

Waters said "that's my pig" as it drifted away during Sunday's gig

Roger Waters' inflatable pig has gone AWOL. I expect Fossett borrowed it for a test flight.

Pig found. Dead, tragically.

Call it an intuition, but I still think that legendary aviator/adventurer Steve Fossett is actually alive...

IT seems to be a growing trend for celebrities to go missing and tease us by presuming to be dead, only to turn up alive and well!

Waris Dirie and Orlando Brown were both missing, but found alive and well.

Steve fossett I think is probably laughing at all this. Knowing that he's a survivalist, he supposedly could survive for months "out there" in the wilderness.

Seriously, I think he IS alive, but doesn't want to be found (for whatever reason).

Edited by honez
[This post has been merged into the existing MIA thread - honez]

Call it an intuition, but I still think that legendary aviator/adventurer Steve Fossett is actually alive...

IT seems to be a growing trend for celebrities to go missing and tease us by presuming to be dead, only to turn up alive and well!

Steve fossett I think is probably laughing at all this. Knowing that he's a survivalist, he supposedly could survive for months "out there" in the wilderness.

Seriously, I think he IS alive, but doesn't want to be found (for whatever reason).

Doubt it personally since there would be serious disadvantages in it for him now that - legally speaking - he's well on the way to being truly dead. Some fairly sizeable assets will be out of his control and beyond legal recovery when he stumbles back into view. Doubt he'd have planned a disappearance to include that problem.

edit:

removed

Doubt it personally since there would be serious disadvantages in it for him now that - legally speaking - he's well on the way to being truly dead. Some fairly sizeable assets will be out of his control and beyond legal recovery when he stumbles back into view. Doubt he'd have planned a disappearance to include that problem.

He's just trying to break the world record for the longest time presumed death :party: .

I think the coelacanth has him beat there.

Call it an intuition, but I still think that legendary aviator/adventurer Steve Fossett is actually alive... ...
Doubt it personally ...

He's just trying to break the world record for the longest time presumed death :) .

I think the coelacanth has him beat there.

:rolleyes: Hanrdejka

I think even Noel Edmonds has him beat; my flatmate says he thought he had died years ago, beofre stupid f*****g Deal or no Dael came over our television waves.

• Like 1