maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

George Carey appeals to captors of five Britons in Iraq.

Anyone know a link that'll tell us who these people are, and whether they're worth DDP points. Just askin', like.

• Like 1

A bit of progress where the investigation of the missing Robert Nairac is concerned.

Those 5 Brits in Iraq, again. Missing presumed alive. I mean, there's nowt like the Ken Bigley head and shoulders video online, yet.

And another one.....Sun newspaper is reporting Kurt Cobain's ashes have been stolen from Courtenay Love.

Obviously, the presumption of death is absolute in this case so he's more missing, than missing in action.

Call it an intuition, but I still think that legendary aviator/adventurer Steve Fossett is actually alive...

IT seems to be a growing trend for celebrities to go missing and tease us by presuming to be dead, only to turn up alive and well!

Waris Dirie and Orlando Brown were both missing, but found alive and well.

Steve fossett I think is probably laughing at all this. Knowing that he's a survivalist, he supposedly could survive for months "out there" in the wilderness.

Seriously, I think he IS alive, but doesn't want to be found (for whatever reason).

Sorry BC but I think you're way off base on Fossett. He's dead. This guy, however, is not

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsOFaOt...qp-QKQD91BD3NO4

Olivia Newton-John has got married again, after her boyfriend went missing a few years back - I wonder if she copped for any life insurance from him?

Call it an intuition, but I still think that legendary aviator/adventurer Steve Fossett is actually alive...

IT seems to be a growing trend for celebrities to go missing and tease us by presuming to be dead, only to turn up alive and well!

Waris Dirie and Orlando Brown were both missing, but found alive and well.

Steve fossett I think is probably laughing at all this. Knowing that he's a survivalist, he supposedly could survive for months "out there" in the wilderness.

Seriously, I think he IS alive, but doesn't want to be found (for whatever reason).

Sorry BC but I think you're way off base on Fossett. He's dead. This guy, however, is not

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsOFaOt...qp-QKQD91BD3NO4

I don't consider him dead until they find his body and properly ID it. Even if he's legally dead, until I hear that they recovered his remains, he ain't officially dead in my book and he does not deserve any tributes.

A bit of progress where the investigation of the missing Robert Nairac is concerned.

Note that his body has never been found - what would happen if he suddenly turned up riding Shergar through the streets of (London)Derry? :huh:

BBC News just reporting the CPS has got a file linking convicted child killer Robert Black with the long-lost Genette Tate - newspaper delivery girl last seen in 1978. No link from the site, yet.

Has it really been 29 years since she went missing? I remember this when it happened as I grew up in Devon and there used to be black and white photocopied posters on the telegraph poles all over the place. I suspect that it was actually probably only in Devon as in those days there obviously wasn't the Internet and the opportunity to launch drives of Madeleine proportions.

I hope something turns up as to the girl's whereabouts as those posters haunted me as a nine year old- nothing like that really happened in sleepy Devon, it always seemed to be 'up London way' and up North. If nothing else it would provide the family with some much needed closure as I suspect thier hope has begun to ebb for some time.

BHB

The CPS has dropped the case against Robert Black due to lack of evidence. They'll find Genette Tate the day after Steve Fossett turns up... riding Shergar... on the moon.

Jersey kids, significant evidence.

You've gotta feel sorry for that sniffer dog, mind. Every time he hunts down a juicy bone some bastard human bags it and scarpers.

500-year-old remains and skulls made of coconuts. DSI Bean has been reprimanded and suspended.*

* Edit: he has indeed.

Edited by TAFKAG

Arr, twas always a cursed place, what with being built on the site of an ancient coconut shy.

You've gotta feel sorry for that sniffer dog, mind. Every time he hunts down a juicy bone some bastard human bags it and scarpers.

500-year-old remains and skulls made of coconuts. DSI Bean has been reprimanded and suspended.

Arr, twas always a cursed place, what with being built on the site of an ancient coconut shy.

500-year-old remains and skulls made of coconuts. DSI Bean has been reprimanded and suspended.

Well it's one way of getting a new playground for the kiddies. Though why on Earth they couldn't have just asked Walsh and Dimmock instead is beyond me.

Reports today suggesting there are moves to get Richey Edwards declared legally dead. Probably paving the way for that all important MSP boxed set.

Reports today suggesting there are moves to get Richey Edwards declared legally dead. Probably paving the way for that all important MSP boxed set.

Mary, for one so young you are so cynical! For what it's worth, I quite like them, and I think the fact that they have kept a bank account for his share of royalties ever since he disappeared is commendable. But I do think he's dead.

Mary, for one so young you are so cynical! For what it's worth, I quite like them, and I think the fact that they have kept a bank account for his share of royalties ever since he disappeared is commendable. But I do think he's dead.

I know they're looking after his money but the declaration of death would be essential if they were ever planning to - say - make creative changes to his work, like remixing it or rerecording it without him. The legalities are easier all round if he's agreed to be dead.

I know they're looking after his money but the declaration of death would be essential if they were ever planning to - say - make creative changes to his work, like remixing it or rerecording it without him. The legalities are easier all round if he's agreed to be dead.

MSP are one of my all time favourites and IMHO Richey was a bit of a lyrical genius however but it is with no disrespect that I remind you of rumours of him "playing very quietly", I don't think muscially wise he would be missed should they ever feel the need to re-record (why though, I don't like the newer version of Motorcycle Emptiness as much as the original, if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?). Unfortunately this song does not apply, sadly he's not a fretboy wizard. Wherever he may be, he's probably better off away from the plebrity whoredom that is the modern world.

why though, I don't like the newer version of Motorcycle Emptiness as much as the original, if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?).

Mebbe there are a load of demos - some of songs never released - featuring Richey. I'm just guessing, like. But what's got me thinking that this is to do with the band is that the band's management, not the Edwards family, are the ones telling the world he's being declared legally dead. If that's the case his copyrights pass to his next of kin who could agree modification of his work any way they want. So - for example - the Tolkein family agree movie deals and roll in cash as a result.

Whatever happened to ie+ and Lady Die?

Got an e-mail to say George Graham is missing. Not the footy manager though. But the words 'presumed dead' are fairly prominent between the lines here.

Anyone spotted Sir Peter Lampl wandering aimlessly in their street over the last day or so?

Well, I just thought I'd ask, like.

• Like 1