maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

Not quite sure if this the right thread, but there doesn't seem to be a cold case thread or a UID thread and I would start one but not sure how much interest there would be.

Anyway, The Sumter County Does  an unidentified man and woman who were killed nearly 45 years ago finally get identified. This is huge news for those of interested in this kind of thing. 

Sumter SC sheriff identifies bodies in 1976 cold case | The State

I have put in here as both decedents had actually been reported missing at the time which is unusual in these cases.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Not quite sure if this the right thread, but there doesn't seem to be a cold case thread or a UID thread and I would start one but not sure how much interest there would be.

Anyway, The Sumter County Does  an unidentified man and woman who were killed nearly 45 years ago finally get identified. This is huge news for those of interested in this kind of thing. 

Sumter SC sheriff identifies bodies in 1976 cold case | The State

I have put in here as both decedents had actually been reported missing at the time which is unusual in these cases.

I like to keep up with the unidentified body scene in the UK :)

There's actually a very odd case going on in Devon at the moment, which has barely made the news.  A suspected teenage male found dead near Torquay in October remains anonymous.

The case of D.B. Cooper still remains a total mystery and to date it is the only unsolved case of aviation piracy in U.S. history.

Sheridan Peterson (wiki), who was perhaps the last of the major suspects in the case, died in early this month aged 94. Several of the people who researched the case closely were determined it was him. Peterson never confessed but would frequently toy with the media.

The case will be 50 years old in November, as such likely it will never be solved.

• Like 2

On 21/09/2010 at 13:55, maryportfuncity said:

Reward for Claudia Lawrence - missing university chef - has been cut and the search scaled down. Saw online speculation elsewhere suggesting the police know she did a runner. Personally, I think the opposite.

Claudia Lawrence's father dies without ever finding out the fate of his daughter.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/missing-chef-claudia-lawrences-father-dies-with-case-unsolved-6hf63hsj7

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Claudia Lawrence's father dies without ever finding out the fate of his daughter.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/missing-chef-claudia-lawrences-father-dies-with-case-unsolved-6hf63hsj7

Aye, actually made the main bulletin on Radio Four

If she was scared of him, mind...she can come out now!

• Like 2

Melissa Caddick, a financial advisor believed to have stolen millions of dollars from investors and who disappeared shortly after her home was raided by Australian Federal Police, has been found dead months after she was last seen.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/26/melissa-caddick-missing-financial-adviser-found-dead-months-after-disappearance

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Melissa Caddick, a financial advisor believed to have stolen millions of dollars from investors and who disappeared shortly after her home was raided by Australian Federal Police, has been found dead months after she was last seen.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/26/melissa-caddick-missing-financial-adviser-found-dead-months-after-disappearance

It does appear they have only located her foot.  Perhaps this is a cunning ruse and Caddick is still hopping about in the Outback, giving bad financial advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

It does appear they have only located her foot.  Perhaps this is a cunning ruse and Caddick is still hopping about in the Outback, giving bad financial advice.

That occurred to me too!

I had a sinking feeling when they went missing.

The wreckage of an Indonesian Navy submarine missing since Wednesday has been found on the sea floor and all its 53 crew are confirmed dead, Indonesia military commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto said Sunday.

The news came a day after debris believed to be from the KRI Nanggala-402 submarine was found floating about two miles from the submarine's last known location in the Bali Strait, leading military officials to change the vessel's status from missing to sunk.

SC

2 hours ago, JustPassingThrough said:

Matthew Mindler, a former child actor best known for a supporting role in 2011's Our Idiot Brother, has gone missing. He was last seen leaving his university dormitory on Tuesday evening: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/our-idiot-brother-actor-matthew-mindler-reported-missing-from-university-1235004627/

Found dead.

https://trib.al/LV21nU7

• Like 2

US representative Markwayne Mullin might end up being the next recipient of the Darwin Award: 

• Like 2

I track Doctor Who related stuff on Twitter and found that the actress Tanya Fear is currently missing and has been since 9th September.

Daily Mail

• Like 2

Does the Grim reaper himself camp he has seemed to have two thirds of the year leant his teenage lazy layabout nephew

44 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I track Doctor Who related stuff on Twitter and found that the actress Tanya Fear is currently missing and has been since 9th September.

Daily Mail

Modern "journalism".  That report is drawn entirely from social media and Google (IMDB).

17 hours ago, Toast said:

Modern "journalism".  That report is drawn entirely from social media and Google (IMDB).

How about BBC News.

22 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Daily Mail

Reportedly found alive by LA police.

• Like 1

This whole thing looks like it was invented solely for the inevitable Netflix true-crime documentary in a few years. Blonde pretty Instagram influencer is murdered by creepy older boyfriend who then goes missing himself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

creepy older boyfriend

Huh?  She's 22, he's 23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Huh?  She's 22, he's 23.

Unfortunately it does look so much like an Investigation Discovery episode. Once again. Find the boy. Friend.