maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

What about this Nicola Bulley case then? Drowned, abducted or faked her own disappearance?

Silly person!

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 16:50, Youth in Asia said:

What about this Nicola Bulley case then? Drowned, abducted or faked her own disappearance?

I must say, her partner's comment in an interview today that he is "a hundred percent sure" she isn't in the river was an interesting choice of words.   

• Like 2

The strange thing is the dog's behaviour. If she was abducted surely the dog would have followed and made a lot of noise.

I'd like to think she's gone through a time portal to a better time.

Whenever that is...

IMO she’s been abducted, raped and murdered.  Or abducted, being held in a cellar somewhere, or abducted, murdered and raped. More than likely by someone she knew. 

9 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I must say, her partner's comment in an interview today that he is "a hundred percent sure" she isn't in the river was an interesting choice of words.   

All we need is him to front up a press conference and we've got our chief suspect.

1 hour ago, Sly Ronnie said:

All we need is him to front up a press conference and we've got our chief suspect.

I've seen non of the online speculation but I know it's lively and is mightily pissing off the locals who knew her, not aware that the Police or eyewitnesses have any reason (like sightings near the river) to suspect her partner was anywhere near when she vanished. Has anyone hereabouts bothered with the various theories and - if so - is any claim provably more than speculative bullshit at this point?

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I've seen non of the online speculation but I know it's lively and is mightily pissing off the locals who knew her, not aware that the Police or eyewitnesses have any reason (like sightings near the river) to suspect her partner was anywhere near when she vanished. Has anyone hereabouts bothered with the various theories and - if so - is any claim provably more than speculative bullshit at this point?

Ruling out any contract killer theory, there's apparently CCTV evidence that husband was working at home during the critical period.

There's a lot of misinformation being spread, not to mention complete nonsense. 

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Ruling out any contract killer theory, there's apparently CCTV evidence that husband was working at home during the critical period.

There's a lot of misinformation being spread, not to mention complete nonsense. 

So, normal for 21st century UK missing persons, then

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, normal for 21st century UK missing persons, then

Seems to be a lot more than usual in this case.

On 10/02/2023 at 23:29, Youth in Asia said:

The strange thing is the dog's behaviour. If she was abducted surely the dog would have followed and made a lot of noise.

"...police said they couldn't speak to the dog..."

Very weak policing if you ask me. Willow must surely be high on the suspects list - last one to see her alive, (allegedly) was given Winalot instead of Pedigree Chum that morning, 'helped' in the search by running around like a nutter, only answers "ruff ruff" in police interviews...

• Like 2

She might have climbed up a tree. Have they checked the trees?

OK so it turns out she is an alcoholic struggling with the menopause, and police were called to the house 2 weeks before her disappearance. So sadly it is probably suicide, and I guess it will now disappear off the front pages. Having said that, the body must be somewhere, and jumping into a shallow river is a strange way of topping yourself.

• Like 1

It makes that guy with the radar look a bit stupid, he said if she was in the river he'd find the body, and he found nothing.

• Like 1

Press conference at 5.30. Assuming it is her, I hope her poor sod of a partner wasn't dragged out to ID her. A body that's been in water for three weeks would be almost unrecognisable in any case. I imagine these days it's generally done through DNA/dental records which is why it takes a little longer. 

In any case, probably an end to this sad and strange story.   

27 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Press conference at 5.30. Assuming it is her, I hope her poor sod of a partner wasn't dragged out to ID her. A body that's been in water for three weeks would be almost unrecognisable in any case. I imagine these days it's generally done through DNA/dental records which is why it takes a little longer. 

Well...

Given the broadside in that family statement at the media and the specific calling out of ITN and Sky News for bad behaviour, I'm thinking there's a long tail in terms of how this case is remembered. 

• Like 2

On 16/02/2023 at 01:54, Youth in Asia said:

jumping into a shallow river is a strange way of topping yourself.

It's a lot deeper downstream where she was found. Most likely she walked there.  I don't know why it was assumed she went in where she left her dog and phone.

I've seen several  people saying suicide by drowning is rare, but it's not.

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well...

Given the broadside in that family statement at the media and the specific calling out of ITN and Sky News for bad behaviour, I'm thinking there's a long tail in terms of how this case is remembered. 

Yeah I actually switched over to Sky after they did that. Expect that footage to be much replayed on BBC News this evening. 

4 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Yeah I actually switched over to Sky after they did that. Expect that footage to be much replayed on BBC News this evening. 

BBC have thoughtfully reproduced the entire statement: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64707699

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

They still have to work out if it is suicide or an accident. 

• Like 1