Crispy

Michael Aspel

Happy New Year to everyone.

What a shame that Michael Aspel came out yesterday to announce he's fighting non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

He could have announced this news last week!!! Shame on him.

• Like 1

Michael Aspel has taken a swipe at his Deathlist critics:

"I'll live til I'm 95" - says Aspel in todays edition of The Sun.

Well, we all know what happens when you spend too long in the sun... But perhaps a fund raising telethon might be a more fitting tribute to this veteran broadcaster.

He said he still has to receive treatment but it isn't immediately life threatening.

File under "long term possibility"

I think we'll be Asking Aspel for several years to come.

The tabloid headlines make it sound worse than it is - The Guardian says "my doctor tells me my life isn't threatened by it" - Doesnt sound like a top DL candidate to me.

Guest Kingwanja

Who saw the program about his life on BBC3 ? Im still in shock now. Did the BBC know about this and if so why was this whole thing not exposed. That aside I hope all his kids will find a deeper meaning about life and get over feelings such as bitterness knowing that they have recently found out that he is their father. WOW!! ;)

Guest BUNGLE

It was a 'spoof' documentary. Like the one they did on Dale Winton marrying. None of it was true.

I could never figure out the point of that Dale Winton program ...

It wasn't even funny

I could never figure out the point of Dale Winton.

Introducing the Deathathon '04: (timpani roll) Ladies and Gentlemen, your host for the after-life, Michael Aspel.

Guest John

Are you sure the BBC3 documentary "Sex, Lies and Michael Aspel" was a spoof? What does Michael get out of deliberately misleading millions of people as to who his children are? With nothing to tell me otherwise, I believed all of it, though I admit that having one daughter go into labour did seem pretty far-fetched. But then whose baby was it at the end? Should I believe anything on TV now?

You just cant trust what u see on TV these days - perhaps the internet is now a better source of reliable information ;)

Update: Michael was on "This Morning" (oh the joy) on Tuesday this week. Looks like he is fine health. Apparently he isn't very happy because somebody at the hospital or TV faked his death, no really, leaked details of his illness and he didn't want to share this with anyone else.

Despite the C word being used in new stories, didn't someone say that dear old Bob Monkhouse looked like he was in Good Health!

Perhaps if Mr Aspel is still with us on 31 Dec he might be worth an outside bet........ :ph34r:

Guest Casey

:ph34r: If the Documentary on BBC3 was a spoofy (shown 09.05.04) then I think that they really mustn't have anything better to show viewers. What a waste of time, money and effort for all concerned, except those that have made a lot of money out of it...!!

It just goes to show that the BBC are in a mess if they have to come up with this type of viewing - lies!!

Guest Ruth Scrocca

I am shocked if last nights bbc3 was a spoof, I really fell for it, the doubts I had if any were only formed when Melinda did a terrible impression of the onset of labour.

If it was a spoof I think it was in very bad taste, I grew up thinking my father was someone else and I was not told the truth until I was 22, it was an awful shock and caused me some very difficult emotional destress, it is not something that should be ridiculed and that is not what I pay my hefty tv license for.

Ooh! A TV licence rage thread - I really didnt see that coming... :ph34r:

Guest Halo

You guys WATCHED a documentary on Aspel????????? Either all the other channels must have gone down, or the schedule that night was absolutely the crappest ever. I'd rather have my head sewn to the carpet.

Guest Guest

You sad f**ks! The documentary was a joke! It wasn't real, stop being so sad saying it's a terrible disgrace and all that crap! It was funny!

Guest Guest

What makes me laugh is the fact that all the people who watched it and actually believed it was real are complaining because it made them look like a bit of a twat. God bless the Brit sense of humour!

Unregistered ranters piss me off!

Guest kieran gormando

After watching the "SEX, LIES AND MICHAEL ASPEL" documentary tonight on BBC3 i am amaxed, a bit shocked, but not really suprised to be reminded that generally, it's not what you know......

"..........if it wasn't for me...." is the clinching line!

I'm sure it'll be all over the paper tomorrow..Pamela Anderson i thought was off the planet to see a spark in Tommy Lee but come on!

Guest Smokeyjoe

Also watched "Sex, Lies and Michael Aspel" on BBC3 tonight. Alarm bells started ringing when Pamela Anderson was introduced as an ex-girlfrield he alegedly met at the 'Viper Rooms'! The Melinda Messenger labour thing was just the icing on the cake so to speak.

Very funny spoof however! :lol:;)

Guest Guest

it took me in at first but there was 2 many discrepancies to be believable. great spoof and very entertaining ;)

Guest Toke Deltorso
Happy New Year to everyone.

What a shame that Michael Aspel came out yesterday to announce he's fighting non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

He could have announced this news last week!!! Shame on him.

He's a good guy. :angry:

Guest AndyP

Have to admit I was initially taken in - probably because there was nothing even remotely humerous about the program - except the new age psychiatrist.

Until 'Sex, Lies, and Michael Aspel', the only thing I've watched on the BBC for years is Dr Who, and after this pile of shite, looks like that's how it's going to continue.

A TV license rant is well justified I think.