Earl Gloomy

Horse Racing

Watching Ascot on Channel 4 earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?) and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week, I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name? Any ideas? :angel:

• Like 1

Just read the last few paragraphs, DWB, i think it was him they mentioned. Obviously not as important as Willie and Claire Balding made him out to be as there isn't much about him on the net.

Guest Dave
Watching Ascot on Channel 4 earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?) and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week, I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name? Any ideas? :lol:

YES IT WAS ALEC STEWART

YES THE RACING TRAINER WAS ALEC STEWART HE WAS 49 AND DIED OF CANCER HE TRAINED A GOOD HORSE CALLED MTOTO

Watching Ascot on Channel 4 earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?) and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week, I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name? Any ideas? :angry:

I must confess to finding Claire very attractive . I think it is wrong to assume that because someone has a boyish haircut that they must be a lesbian.

Also why is premature death so common in the world of Horseracing?

A wild guess:

1 - She's hetrosexual.

2 - She looks that way because one of her grandparents was a horse.

Watching Ascot on Channel 4  earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?)  and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week,  I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name?    Any ideas? :)

YES IT WAS ALEC STEWART

YES THE RACING TRAINER WAS ALEC STEWART HE WAS 49 AND DIED OF CANCER HE TRAINED A GOOD HORSE CALLED MTOTO

Can anyone tell me why so many racehorses have crap names? I have never understood this. Is there a crap names board that adjudicates on suggestions, throwing back the good names if they're not crap enough?

Watching Ascot on Channel 4  earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?)  and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week,  I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name?    Any ideas? :)

YES IT WAS ALEC STEWART

Can anyone tell me why so many racehorses have crap names? I have never understood this. Is there a crap names board that adjudicates on suggestions, throwing back the good names if they're not crap enough?

I remember about 12 years ago there was a horse running in the Grand National called Roll A Joint & practically the whole pub backed it. It was, like, it was a sign or something from above. An omen. A portent, a promise of impending monetary riches. It was to be our moment. It was as if it was our horse, a gift from the ganja god.

Did it win, I hear you ask?

Did it F**k.

• Haha 1

;) I do believe Claire owns several pairs of comfortable shoes.

Indeed, she has more pairs than Imelda Marcos.

I don't know if it's still the case but she was going out with the woman who reads (read?) the Radio 4 shipping forecasts who used to go out with Sandi Toksvig.

As for horse names, they are supposed to be unique - some of the names come from who they've been bred from (like greyhound names do), other times they are totally random. My favourite horse name is Sir Sidney RoughDiamond.

Guest Himler

John McCrirrick has a very nice house, I saw it in "Through the keyhole".

;) I do believe Claire owns several pairs of comfortable shoes.

Indeed, she has more pairs than Imelda Marcos.

I don't know if it's still the case but she was going out with the woman who reads (read?) the Radio 4 shipping forecasts who used to go out with Sandi Toksvig.

As for horse names, they are supposed to be unique - some of the names come from who they've been bred from (like greyhound names do), other times they are totally random. My favourite horse name is Sir Sidney RoughDiamond.

Presumably a nod to the Sid James character in Carry On Up the Khyber, unless we employ your theory of names coming from who've they've been bred from.

In which case we're looking for a belligerent, knighted jeweller with a penchant for bestiality.

Which has just put me right off my toast.

Which has just put me right off my toast.

I can't help noticing that lots of people eat toast, drink tea etc whilst perusing DL....

But lesbians live longer.

Kelly Holmes will be around well into her 90s...

Is Dame Kelly a dyke too?

Suggestion is yes.

She's apparently in a relationship with the woman she beat for her first gold medal.

Ie this:

70.jpg

• Like 1

But lesbians live longer.

Kelly Holmes will be around well into her 90s...

Is Dame Kelly a dyke too?

I hear rumours that she's no stranger to licking the 9 volt battery.

Suggestion is yes.

She's apparently in a relationship with the woman she beat for her first gold medal.

Ie this:

70.jpg

Ugh! What is that?

The silver medalist - can't remember the spelling of the name but it's something like Murola Murtola.

I wouldn't fancy having anything to do with those thighs...

• Like 1