Earl Gloomy

Horse Racing

Suggestion is yes.

She's apparently in a relationship with the woman she beat for her first gold medal.

Ie this:

70.jpg

She got a gold medal for beating women?

Jesus, you get arrested for it round here.

• Like 2

But lesbians live longer.

Kelly Holmes will be around well into her 90s...

Why do you think that Lesbians live longer?

Guest peanut
Watching Ascot on Channel 4  earlier today and Claire Balding (am i right in thinking shes a lesbian?)  and that little ex jockie Willie said that some famous horse trainer had died this week,  I didn't catch the name; thought one of you might know something about it and his name?    Any ideas? :unsure:

YES IT WAS ALEC STEWART

YES THE RACING TRAINER WAS ALEC STEWART HE WAS 49 AND DIED OF CANCER HE TRAINED A GOOD HORSE CALLED MTOTO

Can anyone tell me why so many racehorses have crap names? I have never understood this. Is there a crap names board that adjudicates on suggestions, throwing back the good names if they're not crap enough?

Guest Guest

Clare Balding is a fanny licker

Clare Balding is a fanny licker

Did she give you a good licking while she was at it... :party:

Guest; thank you for your penetrating and well argued analysis, you would get ten quid for our post of the week but we don't give out such awards.

If lezzas live longer I reckon it's down to being in touch with their emotions, less likely to bottle stress in ways that promote cortisol generation that damages the heart and raises blood pressure and - perhaps - because women's sexuality peaks at a later stage in life than men meaning lezzas get the health benefits of orgasms whilst men get the stress problems of watching their performance fall off.

I didn't know Dame Kelly dived for muff, but the woman in question is her training partner so I'd be a cosy arrangement until the plucky British lass upset the form book by winning an unexpected gold medal. After which - I'd guess - the 'what did you do at work today' conversation might've got a bit explosive.

Guest; thank you for your penetrating and well argued analysis, you would get ten quid for our post of the week but we don't give out such awards.

If lezzas live longer I reckon it's down to being in touch with their emotions, less likely to bottle stress in ways that promote cortisol generation that damages the heart and raises blood pressure and - perhaps - because women's sexuality peaks at a later stage in life than men meaning lezzas get the health benefits of orgasms whilst men get the stress problems of watching their performance fall off.

I didn't know Dame Kelly dived for muff, but the woman in question is her training partner so I'd be a cosy arrangement until the plucky British lass upset the form book by winning an unexpected gold medal. After which - I'd guess - the 'what did you do at work today' conversation might've got a bit explosive.

I was doing a bit of family treeing last week and when going through the census ans records of deaths and births, I found that single people tended to live longer than your average joe (You have to discount infant deaths ofcourse).

Anyway, the only thing that may interest you lot about my common bloodline is that my Great Great Great Great Grandmother was called Elspeth (Elspit and Elspet on some documents). You learn something new every day...

PS. As far as I know she wasn't a lesbian.

Hello Chaps,

Top tipster Armitage Shanks at your service. Now, I feel sure that many of you DL members like the odd flutter, so how about taking advantage of my extensive and not-in-the-slightest-dodgy insider knowledge of the racing game by having a small wager on the occasional good thing I may nudge you gently towards? I will, of course, be accepting no blame whatsoever if the nag goes arse over tit at the first and takes your mortgage with it, but will gladly take full credit when it romps home by 20 lengths.

Anyway, this week I rather like the look of Alderburn in the Betfred gold cup at Sandown on Saturday, and will be at the excellent Esher establishment putting my money where my big mouth is. The fellow should be around about 5/1 on Betfair and the vibrations are positive, to say the least.

Oh, and I must just thank my good friend Harry Mac for allowing me to deliver this nugget of information via his, er, log-in (so he tells me).

And remember people...COME RACING!!!!

total_gambler_547_5.jpg

Armitage Shanks MBE

Just what the world needed, another tout.

Armitage feels deeply hurt by this remark - all he does is offer a free tip and gets it thrown back in his face. Ah well...

He explained it himself, and with good humour (as my comment was intended), he, as do all touts, takes credit but no blame. Might as well run for office. :P

from experience, tips generally aren't worth it. anyway, why didnt the guy just sign in on his own?

just had a little look at the Betfred gold cup odds.

im backing Cornish Sett.

any more for any more? favourite Reveillez still available!

Gold Cup Odds here

Hello Chaps,

Top tipster Armitage Shanks at your service.

Armitage Shanks MBE

Hello Ianin (or whatever bloody nitwitted name you;re using now)

Just what the world needed, another tout.
not to mention a lout.

Armitage feels deeply hurt by this remark - all he does is offer a free tip and gets it thrown back in his face. Ah well...

You are delusional------even moreso than I.

from experience, tips generally aren't worth it. anyway, why didnt the guy just sign in on his own?

Because Iain has been banned for life.

Probably because he's a figment of my fevered imagination. Or maybe just a plain old alter ego. Either way, Alderburn's a good thing, honest. ;)

Harry.

I think more than anything I like the looks of you going down in an epic tailspin (and this has nothing to do with your limited ability as tale-spinner)

Hello Chaps,

Top tipster Armitage Shanks at your service. Now, I feel sure that many of you DL members like the odd flutter, so how about taking advantage of my extensive and not-in-the-slightest-dodgy insider knowledge of the racing game by having a small wager on the occasional good thing I may nudge you gently towards? I will, of course, be accepting no blame whatsoever if the nag goes arse over tit at the first and takes your mortgage with it, but will gladly take full credit when it romps home by 20 lengths.

Anyway, this week I rather like the look of Alderburn in the Betfred gold cup at Sandown on Saturday, and will be at the excellent Esher establishment putting my money where my big mouth is. The fellow should be around about 5/1 on Betfair and the vibrations are positive, to say the least.

Oh, and I must just thank my good friend Harry Mac for allowing me to deliver this nugget of information via his, er, log-in (so he tells me).

And remember people...COME RACING!!!!

Armitage Shanks MBE

Morning All,

Well sadly the thought of carrying the Shanks's millions has made Alderburn come over all peculiar and he's been declared a non-runner, so while I wouldn't deter anyone from following Mr Mad Ron's selection (although I must say that his avatar perhaps gives a small clue as to why he's plumped for Cornish Sett), today's tip is now Treasury Counsel in the 2.10 at Sandown.

Happy punting everyone

Toodle-oo

Armitage Shanks MBE

Alderburn is a non-runner? Well what a tip that turned out to be!

Does no-one else feel like a last minute bet on the Betfred Gold Cup?

I thought Ronnie might fancy COWBOY BOOTS at 80/1 ?

So when do I get a tip on the Kentucky Derby? Next Friday? ;)

I don't think US racing is Shanks's speciality, but I'll ask him for a tip during the week. He's licking his wounds after a fairly poor day at Sandown Park yesterday, but at least he got a lovely suntan and was pleasantly surprised by a free gig from the Bootleg Beatles.

Anything for Walthamstow dogs on Saturday? Although if memory serves, you weren't too hot there. :angry:

Anything for Walthamstow dogs on Saturday? Although if memory serves, you weren't too hot there. :angry:

Horses are hard enough, dogs impossible. Anyway, didn't we just bet on animals involving your name? Trap 5 every race, that's Cowboy Ronnie's method. I'm sure that'll work and you'll have more time at the bar, which is the main reason to go greyhound racing.

Best of British to you.

I was thinking of having a small wager on the Keno on Thursday night.

Obviously I'd like a large return for my money, so I was wondering if you had any inside information I could use?

Thursday's draw 768 in the NSW TAB looks to be where the money's to be made.

Thanks,

H

• Like 1