DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Ah, damn it.

(Great news for Reptile, though!)

I’m more disturbed everyone heard of Rev Ruth.

My research has turned up nowt in Feb for people with prescious short life to live.  I found half a dozen in Jan when I wasn’t playing.  Still a few days to go.  If anyone is finding people your research is far better than mine.  

SC

Well she would have been my joker - so...mixed news.

Brexit update from Wybourne.

Might fuck her chemo drug .

Screenshot_20190225-173449.thumb.jpg.315802d0f48b03b05ff4413e56799889.jpg

Hadn't considered the Brexit Boost implications for deadpooling. Will April be a marquee month?

Might be Spade, maybe even boost those one way tickets to Geneva.

Turns out the Brexit drugs were almost irrelevant.....

Screenshot_20190225-195844.thumb.jpg.496674ded5bb1ccb8d22d7101cc59a69.jpg

Thought she was going to say the lorry was carrying Trabectedin .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

John Habgood former Archbishop of York has died aged 91 according the LBC twitter feed, 

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

John Habgood former Archbishop of York has died aged 91 according the LBC twitter feed, 

DDP pick. Here's the QO.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2009 at 13:27, DevonDeathTrip said:

:referee:

Dear Guest,

Please be assured that if there are ever any high or even medium profile clerics who are not enjoying the best of health, then I will make every effort to advise you of their predicament via this thread.

I'm not sure if it's just bishops and cardinals who float your boat, or if your interest extends to Eastern Orthodoxy - in which case you may be interested to know that the Patriarch Mesrob II, Mutafyan of Constantinople (He's with the Armenian Church), is suffering from serious health problems:

http://www.mirrorspectator.com/2008/06/10/...-suspends-work/

I wouldn't count on him getting a UK obit, though.

I hope that helps

DDT :blink:

10 years on and two of my former DDP picks Mesrob and John Habgood have gone within days of each other. Can't be msny in that survivor list now. 

John Capparelli A former New Jersey priest was shot dead in his Nevada home — a month after his name appeared on a list of Garden State priests credibly accused of sexual abuse, authorities said.

John Capparelli, 70, was found with a fatal gunshot wound to his neck in the kitchen of his home in Henderson, the Clark County Coroner’s Office said.

The defrocked Roman Catholic priest died under “suspicious circumstances” and his death is being investigated as a homicide, City of Henderson Police said.

“The world is a safer place without him,” said Richard Fitter, a man who accused Capparelli of abuse, to The Star-Ledger after hearing about his death.

Now Sir Creep is no gumshoe..... but the first person they may want to question.......

Long-time drain-circler Bishop Francis Quinn, DDP pick and no doubt a selectee on numerous other pools, finally dead. At the time of his death he was the oldest Catholic bishop in the US, which should see him get a Reuters obit.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Gay hater and alleged protector of paedo priests, Bishop Joseph Devine of Motherwell, dead:

Rot in hell.

Urgh.  I knew of him (he and the pro-gay Bishop Mone paid for a cousin's funeral in the 90s) but not of the fall from grace, so to speak.

A gay-hater named Devine? Pah...

• Haha 1

On 11/04/2018 at 12:08, Sir Creep said:

A popular name a couple months ago, Luis Palau has God on his side, and tests indicate he is on the mend.

"Earlier this year, Vision News reported that evangelist Luis Palau had been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer.

After two months of therapy for the cancer the doctors were amazed at the results from the recent CT scan and blood work.  Doctors reported that all tumours had shrunk by one-third, and blood tests looked good.  There were no new tumours and all fluid around the lungs was resolved.  The results were so uncommon that Mr Palau said the family is giving glory to God -- but not trusting God 100%, Luis now begins another two months of chemotherapy.
SC

a year later....

From his days as a street preacher in Argentina to his large-scale outreaches across the globe, Luis Palau talks about his life, ministry, and friendship with Billy Graham on this episode of GPS: God. People. Stories. (It's a 16-min interview. Looks like he's here to stay through 2019.)
SC