DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Milingo is a huge name in Italy. I expect dozens of obits once he is picked up by news sources. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It could be premature anyway. He has been hospitalized earlier today, seems a bit too soon. 

https://www.zambianeye.com/archbishop-milingo-hospitalised-family-asks-for-prayers/

Yes, I'd go with the premature report.  Anyway an IP from Lusaka edited his page before the FB post. I don't really know. 

Confirmed to be fake news. Don't base yourselves on random Facebook posts, please.

• Like 1

Frederick K. C. Price, founder of the Crenshaw Christian Center, has died. He was 89. Price had been ill with COVID-19, a fact known to his followers, as his name had been bantered about on social media the past few days.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/02/12/frederick-k-c-price-founder-of-crenshaw-christian-center-dies-from-covid/

• Like 3

Recommendations for your lists: I did some searching and read about the Four Heavenly Kings of Taiwan.

As wikipedia says, "The Four Heavenly Kings of Taiwan refers to four masters in Taiwanese Buddhism who each founded an influential Buddhist institution in the country."

They are (and two were)

Master Sheng-Yen (1931-2009)

Master Hsing Yun (born 1927) Alive, but had a stroke in 2011. Rumored to be suffering from a number of health issues including diabetes and near blindness.

Master Cheng Yen (born 1937) Alive, no health issues mentioned on wikipedia but her parents had a lot of them.

Master Wei Chueh (1928-2016)

Hsing Yun has also been picked in some pools before. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 18:48, Ulitzer95 said:

Amfilohije Radović (wiki), the most senior bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro and controversial figure, dead from COVID-19 aged 82.

amfilohije_652x940.jpg.5640fa5cc8d47fe8492dc8d190c6de6a.jpg

Worth noting that current head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Irinej (wiki), is now 90 and guaranteed to obit. He succeeded Pavle (1914–2009) who was a DDP favourite until his demise.

dstl5744.jpg.395cfabd8b0d09ae2e496ed898cff96b.jpg

Look at how spot on I was with that suggestion ^ #justsayin' :D

Anyways, another prominent Serbian Orthodox bishop has died aged 83. This time Atanasije Jevtić (wiki), Bishop of Zahumije and Herzegovina and a close associate of the above mentioned Radović.

The cause you ask? Well COVID of course! 

atanasije-jevtic-preokret-info.jpg.1f2b7c9edd615944206b68c30db1a0e9.jpg

• Like 1

Luis Palau dead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Luis Palau dead.

Who? Context please! 

Luis Palau is an associate of Billy Graham who has been suffering with terminal cancer for the last three years, which made him a popular DP pick. Recently he was in the news because he entered hospice care, which secured him a place on most "Six people, six months" deadpool teams. 

So there is a good possibility the majority of posters know who he is by name, and his death was expected. 

But Sir Creep will surely explain better in a week more or less. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Luis Palau is an associate of Billy Graham who has been suffering with terminal cancer for the last three years, which made him a popular DP pick. Recently he was in the news because he entered hospice care, which secured him a place on most "Six people, six months" deadpool teams. 

So there is a good possibility the majority of posters know who he is by name, and his death was expected. 

But Sir Creep will surely explain better in a week more or less. 

Ah. I don’t read any of the deadpool threads on here (except the DDP one).

Sure I’m not alone.

On 08/09/2019 at 12:01, Sir Charms said:

The first two ... well the first one is simply a dramatic whining cunt; the second isn't sick enough to warrant consideration for 2020.
The last two have less than zero (degrees Kelvin) of EVER getting a QO, a wasted space even on a DDP team.  I doubt Palau anything more than a pupil at the School or Alagiah tbh.
SC

Can’t say this post aged very well, Palau gets a Mail obit easily

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Who? Context please! 

One of those televangelists who are sadly ridiculously popular. This one had supporters throughout Latin America iirc.

• Like 1

https://www.elkhabar.com/press/article/183437/وفاة-الشيخ-محمد-علي-الصابوني-صاحب-صفوة-التفاسير/

Islamic scholar Muhammad Ali Al-Sabuni dead at 91. He was known for his easy-to-read texts and according to one source "one of the most prominent modern sunni scholars"

Apparently a big name in Syria and Turkey, there's a lot of talk about him on twitter.

Ew1GcG5WgAMlhQx.thumb.jpg.96a142c0cf7d72c50c282f76e62f95fb.jpg

• Like 2

Swiss theologian and priest Father Hans Küng, 93.

A seriously big cheese in modern day Catholicism; he was an early promoter of inter-faith dialogue and also caused a stir when he challenged the notion of Papal infallibility.

Rev. J. Jon Bruno, former bishop to the Episcopal diocese of Los Angeles, has died at the age of 74, his family said Saturday.

Bruno died of natural causes at his home on Friday.

SC

• Like 1

Lia Aminuddin (Lia Eden), an Indonesian who claimed to be the wife of the Archangel Gabriel, and set up a religion in which she had the role of Queen of Heaven, has died in Jakarta aged 73 (9 April 2021).

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2021/04/28/lia-aminuddin-life-after-eden-part-one.html

6 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Finally! Good riddance.

Main inspiration for Jesus He Knows Me.

• Like 4

As a successor for the cranky crook televangelist lifetime award I'd suggest Ezekiel Guti (wiki), Zimbabwean televangelist and notorious land/money grabber, who just turned 98.

Also sect lead... bishop Paul Mwazha (wiki) will be 103 in October and the battle for succession has already started.

• Like 1

Not often we get to report an execution in this thread, but Egyptian Coptic Orthodox monk Wael al-Saad Tawadros has been hanged for the murder of his Bishop, who he bludgeoned to death in 2018.

• Like 2