DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

John Quinn Weitzel (Wiki) American bishop of the Roman Catholic Church who served as bishop of the Diocese of Samoa-Pago Pago in American Samoa dead at 94

• Like 4

Chinese bishop John Huo Cheng dead at 96.

• Like 4

On 30/07/2022 at 19:12, drol said:

Also Julius Jia Zhiguo (wiki), who made the news after being arrested in 2009 (and released in 2010), has since died.

EDIT: he was arrested again in September 2020, so must have died in 2021 or 2022.

Julius Jia Zhiguo alive again on Catholic Hierarchy.

Band of morons.

• Like 2

Indonesian islamic cleric/immortal KH A. Yafie recently sick according to this, but, you know, already improving according to another article and the main topic of this article is that he's a fan of a football club. However they said he's in good health, but I'd say someone who has been bedbound for around a year isn't in "good health"

• Like 2

Going through the ayatollahs and other religious leaders.

Google says Wahid Khorasani died on his 102nd birthday a week ago. Can't find any confirmation, seems fake.

Abbas "seriously ill in 2016" Mahfouzi has made some statements recently again recently since that one other ancient ayatollah died. Miracle that he's still alive, with Makarem Shirazi, Rahmati Sirjani, Shubairi Zanjani, al-Fayadh...

Iraqi cleric Sayyid Murtadha al-Musawi al-Qazwini has been rumored dead recently. Looks absolutely ancient but I don't know if he's ill.

Ayatollah Ahmad Beheshti apparently made an appearance recently. Still holds some positions, but looks ancient:

beheshti.thumb.jpg.2832550e062a7f42efefa2711d20a3a5.jpg

Guy next to him seems a bit scared, will the Ayatollah accidentally cut his fingers off or not?

Since the death of that 102-year-old hindu nun whose name I can't remember right now (see the last page), the SriSarada Math hasn't had a President, VP Anandapranaji is probably too frail to become the new Pres. Half-dead ISKCON boss Jayapataka Swami was wheeled around somewhere a few weeks ago, no idea how he's still alive.

Thich Thanh Tu made an appearance a few days ago, looked as frail as always.

Daisaku Ikeda, 95 a few days ago, hasn't been seen in over 3 years, he's rumored to either already dead or on his deathbed with his legs amputated a few years ago suffering from severe dementia or something similar. However, nobody seems to know the truth about his condition.

Not much to say about the Orthodox leaders. Advanced parkinsons sufferer Ilia II of Georgia just turned 90, indestructible like Simeon Jakovlevic, Archbishop Demetrios, Filaret of Ukraine and Anastasios of Albania who survived both a serious heart attack and covid in 2020.

Coptic pope Tawadros II reportedly hospitalised with "exhaustion" and other stuff. Apparently looked "very weak" recently. Another coptic leader Anba Pachomius is also ill.

Well...who'll go first - Pope Tawadros II, Pope Francis or Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I?

• Like 1

On 06/01/2023 at 18:06, arghton said:

Indonesian islamic cleric/immortal KH A. Yafie recently sick according to this, but, you know, already improving according to another article and the main topic of this article is that he's a fan of a football club. However they said he's in good health, but I'd say someone who has been bedbound for around a year isn't in "good health"

Yafie hasn't really improved looking at recent social media posts but judging on how they haven't hospitalised him, I assume he isn't in THAT bad health. (Or the hospital doesn't accept him anymore) I still don't completely know what the purpose of that pillow is, he has it in half of the pictures taken of him during the last two years.

yafie.jpg.8db02acc8eb22ad8919d0e75731df70b.jpg

On 20/09/2022 at 20:46, arghton said:

John (Stinka), Head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada dead at 87. Metropolitan Panteleimon of Belgium and Juvenal Poyarkov remain from the "relatively minor names"

Panteleimon of Belgium dead at 87.

• Like 3

On 06/01/2023 at 18:06, arghton said:

KH Ali Yafie hospitalised. Earlier he was treated at home.

• Shocked 1

On 25/01/2023 at 13:02, arghton said:

KH Ali Yafie hospitalised. Earlier he was treated at home.

Seemingly improving now but doesn't look that great in this image from an hour ago:

yafie.png.bb097e0dac2e94755de9e2e9c89ba47a.png

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Seemingly improving now but doesn't look that great in this image from an hour ago:

yafie.png.bb097e0dac2e94755de9e2e9c89ba47a.png

Selecting his Lotto numbers.

Hsing Yun DEAD AT 96!!!

• Like 3

On 03/02/2023 at 11:15, The Old Crem said:

Oswald Gomis, emeritus Roman Catholic Archbishop of Colombo has died aged 90. Obit

This reminds me. Peter Falk has Alzheimer’s. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Windsor said:

This reminds me. Peter Falk has Alzheimer’s. 

Who?

4 hours ago, drol said:

Hsing Yun DEAD AT 96!!!

Means that there's only one living of the Taiwan's Four Heavenly Kings of Buddhism:

Hsing Yun (1927-2023)

Wei Chueh (1928-2016)

Sheng-yen (1931-2009)

Cheng Yen (1937)

As far as I know Cheng Yen has a congenital heart disease and angina but is otherwise doing fine.

• Like 1