DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

As a Keller DDP picker (he’s on my B team), I’ve always wondered why someone seems to be so sure that he won’t QO enough to include it in his description. 

Who is responsible for that amount of confidence?

• Like 1

I think that was before it was known how the yahoo change would actually impact the ddp at large. In the past, unless you were a best selling author like Ravi Zacharias a lot of these smaller Christian fundamentalist types were very much QO risks

• Like 1

Tim Keller was also an author, increasing his chances to QO. Besides, after Philipp Mickenbecker and Dan Lacey blanked for me the past two years, someone needs to be on the ball with him. :)

5 hours ago, When The said:

Jonah Paffhausen, former primate of the Orthodox Church of America, hospitalized with pneumonia.

1. That explains a lot
  2. Former?  Well what the hell is he now?

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

1. That explains a lot
  2. Former?  Well what the hell is he now?

He is no longer serving as the primate. He resigned on July 7, 2012.

3 hours ago, When The said:

He is no longer serving as the primate. He resigned on July 7, 2012.

No longer monkeying around.

On 11/11/2022 at 22:20, arghton said:

Jayapataka Swami: 73, Indian Hindu ISKCON leader/cultist.

Ailments: Hepatitis C, severe brain stem stroke and two brain bleeds in 2008, underwent tracheotomy and was given a 1% survival percentage. UTI in 2010, leg infection in 2011, severe pneumonia and liver failure in 2015, in ICU with severe fever in 2016, liver and double kidney transplant in 2018, undisclosed surgery in 2019, covid and leg infection in 2021, blood clot this january.

Jayapataka Swami has been battling skin cancer recently but has been well enough to travel to Dallas, Texas where he has been participating in some events:

jayapataka.png.c60699d0ad24a7e2053e97062f220403.png

• Like 1

Oldest Catholic bishop in GB, Maurice Taylor, Bishop Emeritus of Galloway, reportedly died today aged 97: https://scmo.org/news-releases/perma/1686774480/article/death-of-bishop-maurice-taylor.html

Opted to cover up a confession by a priest of child abuse, but later co-operated in the conviction of said priest.

*sigh*

• Like 6

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Oldest Catholic bishop in GB, Maurice Taylor, Bishop Emeritus of Galloway, reportedly died today aged 97: https://scmo.org/news-releases/perma/1686774480/article/death-of-bishop-maurice-taylor.html

This may, it’s hard to be certain, leave Rene Henry Gracida as the last Catholic bishop that is also a veteran of the Second World War. There is also a Polish bishop who was present at/participated in the Warsaw uprising but he was certainly a partisan and not a member of any organized military unit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

This may, it’s hard to be certain, leave Rene Henry Gracida as the last Catholic bishop that is also a veteran of the Second World War. There is also a Polish bishop who was present at/participated in the Warsaw uprising but he was certainly a partisan and not a member of any organized military unit. 

partisans are members of organized military units?????

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Tango854 said:

partisans are members of organized military units?????

I believe I said the exact opposite. Try reading before posting. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

I believe I said the exact opposite. Try reading before posting. 

Well you are wrong, because Partisan units ARE organized military units, so I don't know what you are on but I want some.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

Well you are wrong, because Partisan units ARE organized military units, so I don't know what you are on but I want some.

Let’s start with that’s not what you wrote; so, your exasperation did not land because you functionally cannot type or think. I’ll leave that up to you. 

Partisan groups may in fact be organized and they may in fact be military (of sorts) but they are not ‘organized military’ by any stretch of anyone’s imagination. In fact describing them as such would erase the necessity of using terms such as partisan or underground. 

I fully expect you to attempt to correct this because you’re an obvious troll who cannot be bothered to use a dictionary let alone make their point using properly constructed sentences. As such: fuck off. 

5 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Let’s start with that’s not what you wrote; so, your exasperation did not land because you functionally cannot type or think. I’ll leave that up to you. 

Partisan groups may in fact be organized and they may in fact be military (of sorts) but they are not ‘organized military’ by any stretch of anyone’s imagination. I’m fact describing them as such would erase the necessity of using terms such as partisan or underground. 

I fully expect you to attempt to correct this because you’re an obvious troll who cannot be bothered to use a dictionary let alone make their point using properly constructed sentences. As such: fuck off. 

You are a moron and should be lobotomized, would vastly improve your intelligence. Since you live in an alternative reality where the soviet partisans were not an organized military unit nor the polish home army, of which both were organized military units, so you are a moron and again, need to be lobotomized. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Tango854 said:

You are a moron and should be lobotomized, would vastly improve your intelligence. Since you live in an alternative reality where the soviet partisans were not an organized military unit nor the polish home army, of which both were organized military units, so you are a moron and again, need to be Lobotomized. 

Wow. You are proving every point that I made. The Soviets had both an Army and partisan groups, as did the Poles.
If your goal is to be of even moderate use on this site don’t pick unnecessary fights about things you don’t understand. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, arrowsmith said:

Wow. You are proving every point that I made. The Soviets had both an Army and partisan groups, as did the Poles.
If your goal is to be of even moderate use on this site don’t pick unnecessary fights about things you don’t understand. 

It's called the Polish Home ARMY moron.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Tango854 said:

It's called the Polish Home ARMY moron.

In addition to having an organized military there were partisans, you colossal fucking idiot. 

I think taking the entirely of your brain out is the only cure at this rate.

Just now, arrowsmith said:

In addition to having an organized military there were partisans, you colossal fucking idiot. 

The Polish Home Army WERE the organized armed forces of the polish underground state you fucking moron.

And they were PARTISANS! SO FUCK OFF YOU UTTERLY MORONIC EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING!

• Shocked 1