Jump to content
DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bernardino Piñera, Chilean bishop and the world’s oldest dead at 104.

A supporter of Pinochet and there is some evidence he was a child molester. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2020 at 18:53, Ulitzer95 said:

Bernardino Piñera, Chilean bishop and the world’s oldest dead at 104.

COVID-19 apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chilean way said:

Finally... 3 of 6 centenarians bishops have died this year

Actually 4 - Georges-Hilaire Dupont, Aldo Mongiano, Gerard Dionne and Pinera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

Actually 4 - Georges-Hilaire Dupont, Aldo Mongiano, Gerard Dionne and Pinera.

you have right, I have forgotten Dupont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2020 at 18:46, Ulitzer95 said:


Simon Barrington-Ward, former bishop of Coventry, dead at 89 too.

Notably, the first Bishop of Ramsbury, John Neale, is still alive and will be 94 in September.

But won't be. John Neale dead at 93.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2020 at 13:06, drol said:

A supporter of Pinochet and there is some evidence he was a child molester. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Another child molester who was Bernardino's successor in La Serena and was laicized in 2018, Francisco Cox has died at 86 http://www.lanacion.cl/a-los-86-anos-murio-francisco-jose-cox-quien-fue-expulsado-del-sacerdocio-por-abusos-sexuales/ (in spanish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 16:20, gcreptile said:

Okay, next result of me combing through the longlist.... it seems that the treatment of the digital nun Catherine Wybourne stopped working as of February 2020:

https://www.ibenedictines.org/2020/02/04/world-cancer-day-2020/

Catherine Wybourne on BBC 1 right now, fully lucid and "rosy cheeked".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, not a cleric but if I put him in with the evangelists we celebrate with ironic praise it'd be really unfair

 

Stuart King - founder of the world's largest humanitarian airline serving Christian missions all over the world

 

Link: https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/september/died-stuart-king-mission-aviation-fellowship-founder.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, not a cleric but if I put him in with the evangelists we celebrate with ironic praise it'd be really unfair

 

Stuart King - founder of the world's largest humanitarian airline serving Christian missions all over the world

 

Link: https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/september/died-stuart-king-mission-aviation-fellowship-founder.html

 

So there are sky pilots. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted above, Robert Graetz, the only white clergyman who supported the Montgomery Bus Boycott, has died. He was 92. Picked in several deadpools.

 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/21/robert-graetz-dies-white-minister-who-helped-organize-montgomery-bus-boycott-obituary/2054186002/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

As noted above, Robert Graetz, the only white clergyman who supported the Montgomery Bus Boycott, has died. He was 92. Picked in several deadpools.

 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/21/robert-graetz-dies-white-minister-who-helped-organize-montgomery-bus-boycott-obituary/2054186002/

 

NYT obit for Death By Numbers:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/20/obituaries/robert-graetz-dead.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use