DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Amfilohije Radović (wiki), the most senior bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro and controversial figure, dead from COVID-19 aged 82.

amfilohije_652x940.jpg.5640fa5cc8d47fe8492dc8d190c6de6a.jpg

Worth noting that current head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Irinej (wiki), is now 90 and guaranteed to obit. He succeeded Pavle (1914–2009) who was a DDP favourite until his demise.

dstl5744.jpg.395cfabd8b0d09ae2e496ed898cff96b.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 19:48, Ulitzer95 said:

Amfilohije Radović (wiki), the most senior bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Montenegro and controversial figure, dead from COVID-19 aged 82.

amfilohije_652x940.jpg.5640fa5cc8d47fe8492dc8d190c6de6a.jpg

Worth noting that current head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Irinej (wiki), is now 90 and guaranteed to obit. He succeeded Pavle (1914–2009) who was a DDP favourite until his demise.

dstl5744.jpg.395cfabd8b0d09ae2e496ed898cff96b.jpg

Irinej gets the 'rona too. Hospitalised, but asymptomatic :scratchhead:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, drol said:

:facepalm:

Not too sure I want to live on this planet anymore to be honest.

8E6C0295-1205-48BB-B9E4-7C12E7ACB007.jpeg

• Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 05/11/2020 at 14:30, drol said:

So asymptomatic he is dead. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-serbia-patriarch-death/patriarch-of-serbian-orthodox-church-dies-due-to-coronavirus-idUSKBN2800M1?il=0

Huge Darwin award to this one. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

That is absolutely crazy. Just shows how backward and ignorant these people are.

Wonder if we can make it a hat trick and get a third in?

Ieronymos II of Athens (wiki) also ill...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That is absolutely crazy. Just shows how backward and ignorant these people are.

Very likely as he is in ICU. But in ICU "for precautionary reasons" as they keep saying.

Religious hardliners are more likely to disobey rules, hold large gatherings and get infected. In Israel many infections were due to Hasidic far-right wings, and at least one of their leaders won't come out alive of that fucking hospital...

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 11:46, Ulitzer95 said:

Eparch of Raska and Prizren Artemije Radosavljević dead at 85 from COVID-19. Succeeded Pavle as Eparch, that's two people who suceeded old Pavle dead.

• Like 3

Patriarch of Albania Anastasios also hospitalised with COVID at 91, but "constantly improving" and "expected to be discharged within days".

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

290px-Patriarch_Irenej_and_president_Vucic_at_the_church_of_Saint_Sava_august_20th_2020.jpg

You better wear a mask, old man, you could hurt yourself.

On 21/11/2020 at 19:15, drol said:

Patriarch of Albania Anastasios also hospitalised with COVID at 91, but "constantly improving" and "expected to be discharged within days".

Discharged.

• Shocked 1

They've really added a whole new jeopardy level to pass the parcel here.

My Advent Avalanche designated pick Kalbe Sadiq has died at 81.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Has this been known before?

Former Bishop of Birkenhead Ronald Brown, a DDP pick for the Ronnie Theme Team, already died in 2019:

https://chester.anglican.org/news/-funeral-on-friday-for-bishop-ron-who-has-died-aged-92.php

Well how about that. Good work gcr. First I've heard of it. I even searched for him before submitting my team last year. It would appear he never got a QO so even finding out at the time wouldn't have done me any good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Has this been known before?

Former Bishop of Birkenhead Ronald Brown, a DDP pick for the Ronnie Theme Team, already died in 2019:

https://chester.anglican.org/news/-funeral-on-friday-for-bishop-ron-who-has-died-aged-92.php

I hope the DDP is paying you for all this excellent research!

I knew Brown was dead, because I have him on my Wiki watchlist and saw when the page was updated for his death. The source used on the page is Who'sWho/WhoWasWho, a very useful tool for uncovering deaths of any British politicians, bishops, businesspeople, military figures etc. I have a library card login there, so if anyone wants access then DM me!

Bishops are tricky, and I would argue careless DDP picks. They seldom get a QO unless they were particularly known for something. Most just get local obits or death notices posted by their respective diocese. In this case though, Brown got absolutely nada!

• Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 04:01, alt obits guy said:

As noted above, Robert Graetz, the only white clergyman who supported the Montgomery Bus Boycott, has died. He was 92. Picked in several deadpools.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/21/robert-graetz-dies-white-minister-who-helped-organize-montgomery-bus-boycott-obituary/2054186002/

Now his wife Jean Graetz has died too, of lung cancer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Okay, my first designated Deathrace joker has died very quickly, Father Martin Bugler of New Zealand:

https://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituaries/nzherald-nz/obituary.aspx?n=martin-bugler-father&pid=197361824&fhid=41029

They gonna play Bugler taps?

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Former Auxiliary Bishop of Sydney Geoffrey Robinson, a cult pick hereabouts a few years ago, dead at 83.

Picked this year (2020) another possible out for a QO.

Chinese clandestine Bishop of Sipingjie, Andrew Han Jingtao, dead at 99. He was the oldest Chinese bishop after the death of short-term COVID survivor Joseph Zhu Baoyu. Now the title goes to Joseph Zong Huaide (wiki), the 98-year old retired Bishop of Shaanxi, whose health has been frail for years.

• Like 1