Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondo182

Andy Griffith Characters

Or you could just F**k off and find out for yourself. :rolleyes:

Why don't we put this on the front page - should put lots of people off. :(

Thanks guesty, I had a friend who went to university help me with the wording.

Tenouous link

An episode of Matlock was filmed at a 'time warp' gas station next to my offfice in Los Angeles and Andy Griffith shat in my car between takes.I was totally underwhlemed.

Andy Griffith and Don Knotts were stars of The Andy Griffith Show, a US tv programme from the 1960's featuring the mildly amusing antics of a small town sheriff (Griffith) and his bumbling deputy (Knotts). The show also featured a very young Ron Howard, later to become Richie on Happy Days, and eventually a major Hollywood director. I would imagine the show still resurfaces in syndication on some cable stations. As others have noted Griffith later starred in Matlock, while Knotts went on to play Mr. Furley, the landlord eternally suspicious of the antics of Jack, Janet and Chrissy in Three's Company, the US adaptation of Man About the House.

So, there is just a single degree of separation between apparently obscure US tv stars and the likes of Richard O'Sullivan

Tenouous link

An episode of Matlock was filmed at a 'time warp' gas station next to my offfice in Los Angeles and Andy Griffith shat in my car between takes.I was totally underwhlemed.

Underwhelmed? I'd have gone ballistic! :rolleyes:

I thought actors used trailers for that sort of thing, the dirty bastard.

I hope you billed the production company for the clean up bill.

I would imagine the show still resurfaces in syndication on some cable stations. 

And it does too.

Andy Griffith replete with the annoying fishing hole whtstle tune at the start (only thing more annoying had to be the blasted theme song of The Courtship of Eddies Father, which was also somewhat perverted) does indeed surface on such favorite U.S. stations as TVLand and other locates too and is undoubtedly even perhaps maybe quite possibly even shown on the free stations, especially down in the Carolinas.

Guest country_singer_2000

You are all so terribly right....take 1 small town sheriff,add in a bumbling deputy,mix in ol'Aunt Bee,and the little red headed Opie.Next,the old busy-body Clara,and the town drunk,the fix-it-man,the barber,and the goofy gas station attendent.How dare them to then go on to careers such as Matlock,Gomer Pyle,Happy Days,and the like.How dare them make shows that entertained so many millions of people,and managed to do it with no nudity,no vulgar language,no gore,and with the exception of Matlock,no violence.I "lucked upon "this forum because I was running a search on Don Knotts.After reading most of your "opinions",it actually made me long for the "good old days"when entertainment value meant more than a cheesy nude shot of a girl,and the blood and guts created by repeated automatic weapons fire.Of course,I figure that you are the types that are turned on by such shows as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy",Will and Grace,and the other "politically correct"shows that make gays,lesbians,and black hoodlums seem like heros.The world has changed....good luck in the search for your souls/

Well I've just read that post twice, trying to work out whether he likes us or not ... and I don't think he does. I think he's berating us for not being homophobic. While personally I've never seen "Queer eye ... " and don't go much on "Will & Grace" I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. I expect things are different in the Deep South, though.

And no, I don't mean Brighton. Quite the opposite, I believe. ;)

You are all so terribly right....take 1 small town sheriff,add in a bumbling deputy,mix in ol'Aunt Bee,and the little red headed Opie.Next,the old busy-body Clara,and the town drunk,the fix-it-man,the barber,and the goofy gas station attendent.How dare them to then go on to careers such as Matlock,Gomer Pyle,Happy Days,and the like.How dare them make shows that entertained so many millions of people,and managed to do it with no nudity,no vulgar language,no gore,and with the exception of Matlock,no violence.I "lucked upon "this forum because I was running a search on Don Knotts.After reading most of your "opinions",it actually made me long for the "good old days"when entertainment value meant more than a cheesy nude shot of a girl,and the blood and guts created by repeated automatic weapons fire.Of course,I figure that you are the types that are turned on by such shows as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy",Will and Grace,and the other "politically correct"shows that make gays,lesbians,and black hoodlums seem like heros.The world has changed....good luck in the search for your souls/

I'm a Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team man myself. Eee those were the days.

..and the little red headed Opie.

That'd be me, I suppose ;)

My soul is stuck behind the fridge. I haven't seen it since 1987.

Of course,I figure that you are the types that are turned on by such shows as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy",Will and Grace,and the other "politically correct"shows that make gays,lesbians,and black hoodlums seem like heros.

No, those shows are terrible.

I much prefer Graham Norton, Queer as folk and Sugar Rush. ;)

the DL critiqued for being politically correct. The wonders never cease....

Of course,I figure that you are the types that are turned on by such shows as "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy",Will and Grace,and the other "politically correct"shows that make gays,lesbians,and black hoodlums seem like heros.

No, those shows are terrible.

I much prefer Graham Norton, Queer as folk and Sugar Rush. ;)

I prefer the series 'Super Black Hoodlum Gay Lesbian Turtles'

I prefer the series 'Super Black Hoodlum Gay Lesbian Turtles'

They were called the teenage mutant ninja turtles when I was little.

Amazing what they will do nowadays to teach kids about tolerance. ;)

Guest stevedude

Hello... you may not beleve this but I am closely related to Don Knotts... and if you don't beleve it then, well too bad. You don't beleve the truth.

Anyhoooo... he is in the hospital but he is getting better. he is not going to die. I don't think.

thats all I can say, just to clear up things: HE IS NOT DEAD, HE IS NOT DIEING.

Hello... you may not beleve this but I am closely related to Don Knotts... and if you don't beleve it then, well too bad. You don't beleve the truth.

Anyhoooo... he is in the hospital but he is getting better. he is not going to die. I don't think.

Could you possibly ask him to hang on until next year. Then keep us posted?

If you're telling the truth, I'll admit that's good to hear... I've always been a fan. Send him my well wishes this year!

Guest Patsy Pureheart

I loved watching the sex scenes between Knots and Griffith, especially when they include the town barber.

Floyd????? Oh my God, not Floyd! Where's Opie?

The Andy Griffith Show had a lot of very old stars and hasn't seen many of them die yet. Based simply on gut feeling I think one of them will die sometime this year. They've made my top 100 of old TV stars on their way out.