harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Boxing Clever?

Because of the Tyson Fury fight there have been a lot of broadcast interviews with Frank Warren.

I have not seen any TV footage but from the radio coverage he does not sound healthy

Barry McGuigan's former manager Barney Eastwood dead.

Never forget that he was the subject of a Christmas #1 single in Ireland, recorded by Dermot Morgan.

• Like 1

Boxing promoter and bookmaker Barney Eastwood has died at the age of 87.

Eastwood, from Holywood, Co Down, died on Monday at the Ulster Hospital on the outskirts of Belfast after a period of illness.

Known to friends and family as “BJ”, Eastwood made his name in the bookmaking business, building up a large chain of shops across Northern Ireland. In 2008, he sold his 54 shops to Ladbrokes in a deal worth £135 million.

Despite his success in bookmaking, Eastwood was best known for his work as a boxing promoter and manager, particularly his association with world champion fighter Barry McGuigan.
SC

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

You didn't even look.
:clivedunn:

And neither did you!!!

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, One shot Paddy said:

And neither did you!!!

Actually I did but only the most recent post.  It was 30 min old news and I thought I was safe when most recent was someone else :(   
:clivedunn:

19 hours ago, John Robinson said:

what a shite post.  ‘Famous trainer’ are you kidding me?  Show some fucking respect.

- Mayweather was a two-weight world champion. He held the WBA and lineal super featherweight titles from 1983-84 and the WBC light welterweight title from 1987-89. He debuted in 1981 and won 59 of his 72 bouts.
SC

• Like 1

Was going to say "couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy", but then you mentioned his son right there.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

He sounds Welsh as fuck.

That's what the sheep said.

On 06/02/2017 at 17:16, Chopped Liver said:

m.hindustantimes.com/other-sports/dingko-singh-former-asian-games-gold-medallist-battles-cancer/story-5HpxbP2XhgJTAxDKi4zMxK.html

Dingko Singh, former Indian boxer, has apparently lost 70% of his liver to cancer.

Blast from the past, the cancer might be back:

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/dingko-to-undergo-chemo-radiation/article31418986.ece

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Olympic boxing champ and loser to Floyd Patterson for the World Heavyweight Championship Pete Rademacher, dead at 91: https://wtop.com/other-sports/2020/06/pete-rademacher-1956-olympic-boxing-champion-dies-at-91/

Pretty sure he's a DDP pick. Certainly has been for years.

Yep, YOUREOUT got him.

• Like 1